Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Negative camber, should I buy camber bolts

Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
I have a slight negative camber on my back two tires. Originally the rear tires were pirelli 275/45/20 on my 20x10 wheels and I kept the 20x10 but put 295/40/20 on the back, which is causing slight rubbing sounds when I go over medium bumps on the road. Front tires are 275/40/20

im going to a shop Monday to get my fenders rolled to see if that helps. Since I’ll already be there and the wheels will be taken off, should I purchase camber bolts before then and have them install those as well? Pictures below: D4ECFCD7-5138-4664-A609-81CBC62BC272.png F4130654-EAEB-4F89-861A-77FB85962A47.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What exactly is the camber? Especially on the left, since I can nearly see the camber in the picture.

You sure cannot stand any positive camber. What are you doing to the fender? Where does it rub?

OP
SMSupercharged
Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
Thread Starter #3
What exactly is the camber? Especially on the left, since I can nearly see the camber in the picture.

You sure cannot stand any positive camber. What are you doing to the fender? Where does it rub?
theres red paint on the outside tire wall, so maybe fender rolling might not help. Idk what the camber is on the car because I haven’t checked just yet.
and when I hit bumps I can hear scratching noises where the tire hits near the outer fender.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Did you put the wrong offset wheels on there?

OP
SMSupercharged
Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
Thread Starter #5
Did you put the wrong offset wheels on there?
the rear wheels came with 20x10s and front with 20x9. Should I have just gone with 285/40/20 in the rear instead of 295?

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
20x10 is just the size and circumference of the wheel. The offset measurement determines how deep the wheel sits in the wheel well. My question was more to if the offset measurement was taken before installing the wheels/tires. I say this because you can stuff 305s on that car with the proper offset. But, I don't know the first thing about which wheels you have.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Looks like you’re lowered so yes, I would at least go with a set of camber bushings. Did a Bwoody kit for mine but does cost more. I have 11”x20 wheels with 305/35’s and they align with the fender no more than yours. Wheel offset could be off on yours I think.

IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0138.jpeg

OP
SMSupercharged
Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
Thread Starter #8
20x10 is just the size and circumference of the wheel. The offset measurement determines how deep the wheel sits in the wheel well. My question was more to if the offset measurement was taken before installing the wheels/tires. I say this because you can stuff 305s on that car with the proper offset. But, I don't know the first thing about which wheels you have.
discount tire never checked the offset before placing the new tires on. I probably should’ve asked them though. I’ll probably go with the bushings too once I get fenders rolled because if I have a few more people in the car and hit bumps it’ll just get worse.

OP
SMSupercharged
Member ID
Reactions
City
Callahan
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2009 challenger
Thread Starter #9

the original 275 tires were extremely bald and one was ripping so I went to get the rear tires changed and wanted the bigger nitto 295 tires from discount tire. I think the cars lowered 2” so I initially didn’t think anything bad would happen going slightly bigger, as the 275s made no rubbing sounds at all.

I’m ok with having a positive camber and read that negative has benefits but would just wear unevenly. I haven’t tested the camber since the car hasn’t been on a rack. And the inside of the fender is rubbing on the top of the tires so I’ll have that part rolled to give me more room.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
@SMSupercharged

Welcome Bro. Your car is a Saleen 570x. Arguably the first Hellcat. I still think Dodge ripped off ol Steve on the idea.

Anyway call them and inquire about the offset. My experience with them is they are always very helpful and should be able to give you the numbers you are looking for.

https://www.saleen.com/contact/