Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Need Lease help for a new 2020 to be ordered

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
I have been talking to different dealers about leasing 19's that they have or offering to order a 20. Numbers have not been coming back very good if at all. Most seem irritated that I want to lease Koons mostly and they gave a very low ball trade offer that has been beat by every other dealer and took 3 weeks to do it.

Here is a quote from a Dealer with 3K, 5K, 7K down on ordering a 2020. How does it look? It seems pretty far from the 583.00 that Dodge is advertising on their site. I know I upgraded though but was looking to get in around 650.00.

Is this a good price, what should I be asking off the ordering? I've never ordered 1 before. Is the Residual negotiable or is this fair (seems to be based on historic values) but still paying a lot a month to "rent" the car.

Any REAL assistance and comments would be appreciated. I have several other cars, so not wanting to have a huge payment just to have 200 more HP as this is basically the same car as my 19 Scat which I bought.

Attachments

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I have been talking to different dealers about leasing 19's that they have or offering to order a 20. Numbers have not been coming back very good if at all. Most seem irritated that I want to lease Koons mostly and they gave a very low ball trade offer that has been beat by every other dealer and took 3 weeks to do it.

Here is a quote from a Dealer with 3K, 5K, 7K down on ordering a 2020. How does it look? It seems pretty far from the 583.00 that Dodge is advertising on their site. I know I upgraded though but was looking to get in around 650.00.

Is this a good price, what should I be asking off the ordering? I've never ordered 1 before. Is the Residual negotiable or is this fair (seems to be based on historic values) but still paying a lot a month to "rent" the car.

Any REAL assistance and comments would be appreciated. I have several other cars, so not wanting to have a huge payment just to have 200 more HP as this is basically the same car as my 19 Scat which I bought.
While what u say is mostly correct. That extra 200 hp transforms a Hellcat into a completely different animal than a scat. Stock for stock no comparison other than some looks on the outside. The hellcat engine is a completely different block and so are the internals. Even the transmission is beefier hp90 instead of hp70

OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Thread Starter #3
While what u say is mostly correct. That extra 200 hp transforms a Hellcat into a completely different animal than a scat. Stock for stock no comparison other than some looks on the outside. The hellcat engine is a completely different block and so are the internals. Even the transmission is beefier hp90 instead of hp70
Thanks, I'm more asking about the deal, not the cars.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Not to dismiss you, but seriously, if you are ordering a car it could be 2+mths until it shows up and your numbers on leases now are moot. It isn't like the locked in power dollars on a purchase order.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I am out on my job site and a pain to access my lease calc but what was the terms.. MF and residual?

@Tannehill or @BayArea can help you.

I know this... if you wait it out they will be calling you daily and possibly hourly. They need to move cars and not many are buying right now.

Ordering a lease is tough as you can't lock in a rate until it arrives. Maybe look into purchasing with Power dollars and a low rate from a CU.

OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Thread Starter #6
I am out on my job site and a pain to access my lease calc but what was the terms.. MF and residual?

@Tannehill or @BayArea can help you.

I know this... if you wait it out they will be calling you daily and possibly hourly. They need to move cars and not many are buying right now.

Ordering a lease is tough as you can't lock in a rate until it arrives. Maybe look into purchasing with Power dollars and a low rate from a CU.
Well I can wait, I'm happy with mine for sure. Was just looking at it. Might be why others didn't provide terms since it couldn't be locked. Everything is on the attachment to my OP including terms and various money down. looking at 7K down and 7K power dollars still has a payment higher than I want to be for a 4 car so it sounds like I'll look again at left overs at the end of the year.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger
I spent last month trying to take advantage of the $1500 Lease Cash in my area (Arizona) and it seems like half the battle is getting a dealer to play ball. My local dealer had a $76k MSRP 2020 Charger with a $5500 dealer discount before including power dollars or any other rebates (I know PD doesn’t work on leases). I put together the numbers for a 24/12 lease ($77k -($5500 + $1500)) and the number comes out to the mid $500’s per month with just the dealer fees down. I show the screenshot and a breakdown of the calculations using the Edmunds forum MF, Residual, etc and the salesman keeps insisting it was not possible without showing where the issue in my calculation was or throwing a counter offer. All the other dealers I contacted in my area just stopped replying after I mentioned I was interested in leasing not buying. Their loss I guess. Its been a month and not one of them has sold.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Ok deals, I bought a 2019 Redeye Widebody for 64k in February. Put 10k down.. my payments are a little over 1000 a month. MSRP 80k.. 8k back from dealer, 8k power dollars. 64k. The only options it had were red seat belts and .309 gears. Got a pretty good interest rate too at 3.7%.

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

like tk said, we are missing critical info.... sales price and mf

like tannehill said ordering is not a good idea on leases, to add to what he said the best deal will come from an on the lot car as dealers are more incentivized to discount.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I spent last month trying to take advantage of the $1500 Lease Cash in my area (Arizona) and it seems like half the battle is getting a dealer to play ball. My local dealer had a $76k MSRP 2020 Charger with a $5500 dealer discount before including power dollars or any other rebates (I know PD doesn’t work on leases). I put together the numbers for a 24/12 lease ($77k -($5500 + $1500)) and the number comes out to the mid $500’s per month with just the dealer fees down. I show the screenshot and a breakdown of the calculations using the Edmunds forum MF, Residual, etc and the salesman keeps insisting it was not possible without showing where the issue in my calculation was or throwing a counter offer. All the other dealers I contacted in my area just stopped replying after I mentioned I was interested in leasing not buying. Their loss I guess. Its been a month and not one of them has sold.
should have went straight to finance or gsm. but yeah fca dealerships have a reputation tho lol.