Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mysterious whistle/beep sound after car has been shut off

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Today, about 45 minutes after I shut Hellcat off there is that mysterious whistle/beep sound at random. Last time I heard was after I washed Hellcat when engine was hot...guess it wasn't that. Any ideas...more curiosity than concern. Anyone notice this at times? Knew these Hellcats were possessed. Hope everyone is well.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Today, about 45 minutes after I shut Hellcat off there is that mysterious whistle/beep sound at random. Last time I heard was after I washed Hellcat when engine was hot...guess it wasn't that. Any ideas...more curiosity than concern. Anyone notice this at times? Knew these Hellcats were possessed. Hope everyone is well.
Wish I knew what it was. I thought it was do to my Tazer but a few times unplugging it didn't fix it.
The last time at the track it was driving me nuts. Then I realized the sound was coming from the building behind me and not the car. It was so windy it was hard to tell where the sound was coming from.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Hellcat
In the other forum, I recall a post regarding beeping during/after a wash. Some attributed it to the same sounds made when you touch the door handle. I know on mine there are all kinds of electrical noises and buzzes when the car springs to life in the morning as I touch the handle to get in and the headlights get triggered. I also recall a discussion about a connector somewhere under the front end that was getting wet during washing, but I can't find that post now.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Yes, the initial electronic (especially in the dark) sound when you open door with key fob...think it is headlights powering up...awesome IMHO.

Thought the whistle/beep sound was from water droplets entering from the heat extractors after the wash...causing a steam event from the heat.

Today, 45 minutes or so I hear this beep on and off (no real pattern time wise)...maybe 5-6 events over a 10- 15 minute time period then it stopped. I had hood open and the fan on it (helps keep garage cool while I am in it). Sounds electrical to my ears, but could be heat escaping from somewhere? Very strange...wait...who cares...just send it. Night all.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Heard the same type sound while under the car doing an oil change. Couldn't figure it out... Weird

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
If it's that high pitched screech-like sound, it's an emission related purge solenoid cycling through a test. They all do it.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
When I wash or do any cleaning or work on my car I make sure the keys are not in my pocket and I get no sounds or lights constantly coming on.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
I always put my keys in my safe when I get home. Drove 3 more times since then and nothing after shut down. My guess is what @HWDan said. Too intermittent...makes since its some component cycling through a check once in a while.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
The sound of Ford owners' egos deflating?