Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My New favorite commercial

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
This brings back some good memories of back in the day LOL

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
It was fun being a Teenager in the 70's. We had the best music, from the 50's as a kid. to killer rock of the 60's. and 70's. And we got to see some of the most classic cars of the 50's and 60's and 70's. actually being daily driven. If you needed to make a phone call, you stuck a dime in a pay phone!. If you needed gas it was 35 cents a gallon. A McDonald's hamburger fries and shake was under a dollar. And we had style. and a whole lot of fun.

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I remember as kid I used to love the AAMCO commercials, especially this one.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I remember as kid I used to love the AAMCO commercials, especially this one.
I remember that one.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It was fun being a Teenager in the 70's. We had the best music, from the 50's as a kid. to killer rock of the 60's. and 70's. And we got to see some of the most classic cars of the 50's and 60's and 70's. actually being daily driven. If you needed to make a phone call, you stuck a dime in a pay phone!. If you needed gas it was 35 cents a gallon. A McDonald's hamburger fries and shake was under a dollar. And we had style. and a whole lot of fun.
It was a glorious era to grow up in..got my licence in 1970..and as a junior in high school..had a 69 roadrunner...and I had a very full head of hair...lol

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was still doing my own oil changes in 1979. So long ago I can’t remember my first change. I’m pretty sure I didn’t jack the car up safely? I probably used ramps? It was on all the 442’s I owned. Cool commercial.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I spent a lot of my recreation money here. At the Blue Sky drive inn. Some awesome evenings spent at the drive inn. ( watching movies) LOL The Blue Sky.jpg Blue sky.jpg

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Yes but today's kids when all grown up will be saying "It was fun being a teenager in the 2020's. We had the best music, from the 2000's as a kid. to killer rap of the 2010's and 20's. We got to see some of the most classic cars of the 2000's, 10's and 20's. actually being driven with over 700hp. If you needed to make a phone call you didnt need any money or find a phone booth in the rain! We had cell phones. If you needed gas it was only $3/gallon. A Five Guys burger and fries was only $20! And we had style, we wore our pants down to our knees while we played video games 24/7. Was a lot of fun.

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Yes but today's kids when all grown up will be saying "It was fun being a teenager in the 2020's. We had the best music, from the 2000's as a kid. to killer rap of the 2010's and 20's. We got to see some of the most classic cars of the 2000's, 10's and 20's. actually being driven with over 700hp. If you needed to make a phone call you didnt need any money or find a phone booth in the rain! We had cell phones. If you needed gas it was only $3/gallon. A Five Guys burger and fries was only $20! And we had style, we wore our pants down to our knees while we played video games 24/7. Was a lot of fun.
LOL it just doesn't sound as good! Kids today have no idea what a drive in movie was. And would have a nervous breakdown if the cell phone broke, or didn't work. As a kid/ teenager. i could count the number of times I called someone on a phone on my fingers. We were always together doing things didn't need to call them. LOL

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
LOL it just doesn't sound as good! Kids today have no idea what a drive in movie was. And would have a nervous breakdown if the cell phone broke, or didn't work. As a kid/ teenager. i could count the number of times I called someone on a phone on my fingers. We were always together doing things didn't need to call them. LOL
Still have a drive-in in Maryland. Not more than 5 minutes away from my home. Open since 1956. Great place to take the kids.

Some good things from yesteryear are still around... thank God.

My son, who is now 30, has never known a world without AC in the house or in the car. SMH.

OBC

1570651810054.png

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Way back then I used to go all the time! Sometimes they had the cheesy B rated horror flicks like "Don't go in the house" - followed by "Don't go in the park"...:rolleyes:

We had a drive in theater about 2 miles away from where I live now, but it closed for good 2 years ago. They couldn't afford the new equipment to show the newer movies...

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It is a shame that these unique places have closed up for the most part.

People around this area are very lucky to still have this drive-in open and close by.

Movies are current and others are classics.
1570653343576.png

Been quite a while since I was there last.

Might have to pick a nice evening and take the RE to the movies.

At least I don't need a big back seat anymore. Those days are gone... :LOL:

OBC

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
It was fun fogging the windows up while it lasted though!

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
They ran that one for a decade.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
What gave you away was mentioning a phone booth. They won’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
1970s were the best. The best rock from 60s/70s, early muscle cars could be bought cheap, drive-in theaters, drive-thru liquor stores (crazy), McDonalds tasted good (full arches integrated to the building), street racing didn’t get you arrested, girls were girls, hanging at the beach and stopping at A&W to get a root beer on the way home, bonfires in the woods with 100 people, drinking beer while roasting oysters and football games on the radio. Some of the best times of my life!

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
It was fun fogging the windows up while it lasted though!

Yep... it all stopped when the locals started mocking us in the back seat.... I think the sound of the springs gave us away :LOL:

3vlJ.gif

OBC

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
1970s were the best. The best rock from 60s/70s, early muscle cars could be bought cheap, drive-in theaters, drive-thru liquor stores (crazy), McDonalds tasted good (full arches integrated to the building), street racing didn’t get you arrested, girls were girls, hanging at the beach and stopping at A&W to get a root beer on the way home, bonfires in the woods with 100 people, drinking beer while roasting oysters and football games on the radio. Some of the best times of my life!
Reading your post brought a smile to my face. Lots of great similar memories. Ahhhhh.... Those were the times.

Friday Nights then....
snoopy.gif

Fridays Nights now...
cat in chair.gif

NOL.gif

OBC

OP
stonewall

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
It would start Friday night, and end Sunday night in time to semi recover to be able to get up and go to school at 7:00. Some Mondays were Hell. LOL

Last edited: