Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MY 2021 important for the Hellcat?

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
So 2020 was just ok for the Hellcat Lineup (Widebody Charger was pretty cool). I wonder if FCA realizes 2021 needs to be a good Hellcat Year, thus giving consumers the Hellcat Powered Durango and the Hellcat Powered Ram Rebel TRX? Thoughts?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If they want to stay competitive/on-top with everybody, then yes...

If they are content to let the other Ponys take over... Well, that sucks...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So 2020 was just ok for the Hellcat Lineup (Widebody Charger was pretty cool). I wonder if FCA realizes 2021 needs to be a good Hellcat Year, thus giving consumers the Hellcat Powered Durango and the Hellcat Powered Ram Rebel TRX? Thoughts?
Do you really think a HC Durango would be any more successful than the Trackhawk?...Now the Ram Rebel HC...that would be a home run for FCA...and a modest bump in HP for the HC...and a whole new color line up...just might give them till 2022 to shake things up ala 2015...

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I dont really see the case for the HC Durango with the trackhawk not selling but I guess they have a business case thay may say otherwise. Agree with 71Demon, Ram Rebel TRX will be a home run. I think for the HC to continue to bring sales they need to improve the interiors some, bump the HP, do what they can for handling and yeah a good palate of new colors should extend them a year or two.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I thought 2021 was a refresh year?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I dont really see the case for the HC Durango with the trackhawk not selling but I guess they have a business case thay may say otherwise. Agree with 71Demon, Ram Rebel TRX will be a home run. I think for the HC to continue to bring sales they need to improve the interiors some, bump the HP, do what they can for handling and yeah a good palate of new colors should extend them a year or two.
The development is already done.
Same platform as the Jeep. This was likely an easier build than the TRX and a way to sell 3,000 more hellcats at premium pricing

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Seems like 2020 is a blow off year for the R & D and engineers to blow sumtin different out next year. Kinda like waiting for a new crop of gals to graduate from high school for DD's. Seems this was the year for the GT500 and C8,, no Camaro or goofy snake stang. See the competition and beat em up. Hell, they are 5 years ahead of what we see to happen next year. Have to follow government regulations, tire capabilities, suppliers of what they may be able to market. Now if someone wanted to get a sneak preview into what may be happening,s. Then have a friend in the industry of managing supplies. Like I got friends with the GM engineers before the new Camaro came out and got all the specs and selling prices. I wood do it again, but I wood have to have another garage. Not rocket science, just need to know the right people. Venders.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I thought 2021 was a refresh year?
Dont let Motorhead read that...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Dont let Motorhead read that...
Since RS was wrong on the 426, i'll believe it when i see it with the refresh.

But that was his last update when they extended the platform til 23 or 24.
The current situation is stale and overpriced. A simple refresh of the front and back will move units. They do need another special edition car whether that be the Demon 2 or Hellcat ACR etc is to be determined.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Since RS was wrong on the 426, i'll believe it when i see it with the refresh.

But that was his last update when they extended the platform til 23 or 24.
The current situation is stale and overpriced. A simple refresh of the front and back will move units. They do need another special edition car whether that be the Demon 2 or Hellcat ACR etc is to be determined.

My suspicion is that he wasn't "wrong", but that what HAD been in the works was changed/deleted.

But I also suspect we'll never know for certain...

:(

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
There are only so many high hp muscle car buyers out there. The ones who can afford them own them. If they did something great for 2021 it would not be new buyers it would be us trading in the old hellcat for the new one. These cars are at there end. Hopefully they go out with a bang with 1000hp

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
There are only so many high hp muscle car buyers out there. The ones who can afford them own them. If they did something great for 2021 it would not be new buyers it would be us trading in the old hellcat for the new one. These cars are at the end. Hopefully they go out with a bang with 1000hp
That's about it. A bunch of HCs sit undriven since 2015 (its collectabul...lshit) which people who paid over ADM are still suffering from that horrible investment.

I'd argue that if Dodge wanted make an impact, as the Power Dollars have shown, they need to change the formula and cost of entry into a HC Challenger to reach deeper into the market (and get people off the fence). Meaning: make an A12 variant with even less crap than my car got (which would leave me disappointed) lose the expensive adjustable dampers, less insulation, single speaker, just a bunch of SRT buttons that do stuff vs. performance pages, etc, etc. Get thousands of dollars out of the car - but keep the HC engine.

That MIGHT bring more folks in.

I know that this rubs a lot of fat old guys the wrong way - but you already made your case and got your car. Time to start considering the needs/wants of other people.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My suspicion is that he wasn't "wrong", but that what HAD been in the works was changed/deleted.

I came in after he left but that makes sense to me. I don't think a guy on the 'inside' would put himself on the line like that unless something was cooking at the time. For whatever reason (cost, emissions, both? upgrades needed to support the 1000hp) it took turn away from the hellaphant.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

I don't think he was wrong either.
I was excited for the 7L Ram but also skeptical. Then the Rebel TR was "shelved" RS disappeared and then the 426 cars never came.

The LS7 was a dirty engine and GM's attempt to make a new replacement couldn't get passed emissions. Thats why the C7 Z06 ended up with a supercharger and they killed plans for the ZR1. Then still made the ZR1.

It would have been a huge victory to bring that 426 to market. They would have sold thousands on the 426 alone. But it was 10 years too late

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Regarding the 426, from what I have heard (word on the street type of thing) is it was emissions. Though, I have no idea otherwise...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I'm of the mind that nothing is going to be done until the next refresh/generation comes. 2019 is the best year the Challenger HC is going to get, 2020 for the charger unless 2021 sees a RE Charger.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Do you guys believe in aliens too?

1581082091930.png

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Dodge Alien. Has a 2021 ring to it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Better than a Ford Probe. :eek:
Anyone who drives a Ford porbe probably enjoys a good probing.