Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Multiple Cars

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Do those of you that have owned multiple "fun" cars enjoy the variety? I'm toying with picking up another Hellcat, but go back and forth. I love everything about the car but my biggest issues are space and time. I certainly don't have unlimited funds, but can afford to have a couple of "extra" cars. I'm not a world traveler, golfer, don't have multiple houses, boats, RVs etc. Anyway curious if those of you that have owned or currently own multiple performance cars think it adds to the hobby or is a bigger headache than it's worth?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I'm no big collector but have 2 nice cars. The '71 Roadrunner I've had since '85, and completed the resto myself in '03. The '15 HC I picked up last year out in Indy w/650 original miles, plus I know the original owner. Owning 2 is certainly NOT a bigger headache than it's worth. RR gets one oil change per year, and only gets 500 or so miles/year. I bought the HC to drive, but here in NY the season is limited anyway. They couldn't be more opposite to drive, and I used to think the RR was fast, but now it's just a cruiser since the HC came along. If you have the room, and can swing another, by all means. I wouldn't buy another HC if you already have one though, a Demon, yes, but another HC, nope. Go for something simple to work on that you can enjoy. Maybe something that serves another purpose, since the HC does it all so well. Good luck.

Last edited:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Do those of you that have owned multiple "fun" cars enjoy the variety? I'm toying with picking up another Hellcat, but go back and forth. I love everything about the car but my biggest issues are space and time. I certainly don't have unlimited funds, but can afford to have a couple of "extra" cars. I'm not a world traveler, golfer, don't have multiple houses, boats, RVs etc. Anyway curious if those of you that have owned or currently own multiple performance cars think it adds to the hobby or is a bigger headache than it's worth?
Have been a chevy man for 50+ yrs, but have owned many other high performance cars from different manufacturers. I was just able to put 70 miles on our 19 Hellcat before snow came & I look fwd to this summer's cruises. I always had a love for all cars, not just muscle cars. To me the make is not as important as the fun factor. But I tell ya, these Hellcats are something special! Big thanks to FCA for producing them.

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #4
Owned 2 Hellcats previously. I picked up a pristine 2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302 and sold the Hellcat. Love the Boss it handles and with the Whipple I added is fast! It does not offer the comfort and cruising ability of the Hellcat which is what I miss.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't think this is exactly the answer you were looking for, but I've got 4 cars in a 3+1 garage (3rd spot is double deep). At some magical point in the future, there will be a fifth car using a stacker in the 4th "plus" spot.

While I love the vehicles, I absolutely hate the shuffle game. Taking any one of the vehicles out for whatever reason, especially the 3 primary spots is fine, no problem. Changing the oil (there's lots of oil to change...) means that at LEAST two cars are moving, if not all of them, so it takes me an annoying amount of time just to get to a point where I can start the oil change/tire rotation.

My wife asks me what I'm going to do when the next one comes, I keep telling her she's buying me a new house too.

(Ask me how likely that is...)

So for me, while I really do like performing maintenance on my vehicles, sometimes when one of the oil changes sneaks up on you and you're not ready to give up the afternoon for it, it can be a drag.

And that's just the oil changes, and the tires, and the next mod, and cleaning...

Jesus, we're FOREVER cleaning one of the cars, it almost seems like we can't go somewhere without saying we have to wash the vehicle...

BUT, just like you know all to well...

Once you get in the car and go, it's freakin' awesome...

Or the PW

Or the DSRT

Or the "beater" Durango that keeps everything else nice...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Cars are not a hobby...they are a passion! You either have a passion or you don’t. Having a Hellcat kind of fills a void that you have when you don’t have something like that sitting in the garage. What else do you have and why did you get rid of your Hellcat in the first place? Has anything changed!

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #7
I don't think this is exactly the answer you were looking for, but I've got 4 cars in a 3+1 garage (3rd spot is double deep). At some magical point in the future, there will be a fifth car using a stacker in the 4th "plus" spot.

While I love the vehicles, I absolutely hate the shuffle game. Taking any one of the vehicles out for whatever reason, especially the 3 primary spots is fine, no problem. Changing the oil (there's lots of oil to change...) means that at LEAST two cars are moving, if not all of them, so it takes me an annoying amount of time just to get to a point where I can start the oil change/tire rotation.

My wife asks me what I'm going to do when the next one comes, I keep telling her she's buying me a new house too.

So for me, while I really do like performing maintenance on my vehicles, sometimes when one of the oil changes sneaks up on you and you're not ready to give up the afternoon for it, it can be a drag.

And that's just the oil changes, and the tires, and the next mod, and cleaning...

Jesus, we're FOREVER cleaning one of the cars, it almost seems like we can't go somewhere without saying we have to wash the vehicle...

Or the PW

Or the DSRT

I'm envious of all your space...I currently own 3 cars and a work vehicle that I park on the street. I have an over sized two car detached garage and a porte cochere (fancy car port). Your point about shuffling cars is a big one and something I hate. The Hellcat would be a 5th vehicle so space is definitely an issue. Thought about a different house, but we like where we live other than the parking situation and as you know real estate in Colorado is stupid expensive. I bought when the market was down, so have a ton of equity, but not interested in selling and dumping it all into an overpriced house. Hopefully will make it to retirement sell and move somewhere warmer and cheaper in about 15-20 years and pay cash for a chunk of property with all the parking I could ever want.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
My wife and I have owned multiple performance cars over the years and loved every one of them. We both know we have a sickness but it's what we enjoy!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@NoCoHC

How come we haven't met up for Sunday breakfast or lunch in the cars???

Oh, right, now I remember, I'm an *******.... :oops:

:ROFLMAO:

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #10
@NoCoHC

Lol that makes two of us!

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I love cars. Especially performance cars. Some people buy them to look at them... some take them to shows... I own mine to DRIVE...!

Had 5 cars for a while:

Ram tow rig
Wife’s Jeep Wrangler

^^ neither of these going any place

Performance cars:

Hellcat Challenger
Vette
Ariel Atom

Wife reaction was, "We do not need 5 cars".... and of course, she’s right. She’s the rational one here. I’m like the little kid.
Challenger went by the wayside - and helped fund the Atom.

The Hellcat was by far the best cruiser. And torque beyond belief... but if I’m being honest, simply wasn’t as fun as either the Vette or Atom (on road-course race track).

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Oh, and I have more garage space than I have house. LOL.
2700 sq ft garage/shop space with a 2400 sq ft house.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
@NoCoHC

A rather harsh self assessment I would say...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ratio sounds bout right to me

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Well come about Spring time, I say we have the first annual meeting of the ********.

Johnson's Corner?

OP
N

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Thread Starter #16
Well come about Spring time, I say we have the first annual meeting of the ********.

Johnson's Corner?
Maybe....I definitely like cinnamon rolls(y) There is also a decent cars and coffee in Windsor about once a month...Will have to invite MileHiHemi who I've met. Definitely not a ******* though super nice guy. I would like to see his 426!

https://www.facebook.com/nococarsandcoffee/

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye

Or the PW

Or the DSRT

Woe is me!

The logistics!

I should have your problems. I ended up selling my scat and I miss it already!
But, I still haven't sold my boat and don't have the room.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
If a guy bought a place on a hillside he could have a two story shop with driveways on both floors.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Does 3 vehicles count as “multiple?” My collection isn’t very exciting:
-Daily Driver, 2012 Ram Power Wagon
-Wife’s Daily Driver, 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
-The Toy, 2016 Challenger Hellcat

Each vehicle is different, and I enjoy certain aspects of each vehicle. I think the trick is finding what you enjoy and can comfortably afford. Every person here has a different economical background, and each garage/shop looks different. I truly enjoy a lot of different vehicles, even if I can’t afford or comfortably fit in them.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
A rather harsh self assessment I would say...

In the correct context, absolutely accurate...

However, I'm usually nice, until some Jackwaggon comes along and pisses in my Wheaties.

I have a lot of Wheaties...

:)