Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mopar Will Finally Start Making Hellephant Crate Engines

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I anxiously wait to actually see one in a car in the wild! Other than the one they gave Mark Worman, I can’t help but wonder what happened to the other 2,999 that sold out so fast that nobody that I know actually had a chance to buy one? Is this production to complete the original sales orders?

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Is the supercharger 2.9 liters? If so will you be able to buy it separately for 6k or so?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I anxiously wait to actually see one in a car in the wild! Other than the one they gave Mark Worman, I can’t help but wonder what happened to the other 2,999 that sold out so fast that nobody that I know actually had a chance to buy one? Is this production to complete the original sales orders?
You're thinking of the Demon production numbers, I think. They sold 100 of these, supposedly.

Is the supercharger 2.9 liters? If so will you be able to buy it separately for 6k or so?
3L, claimed. 6k? Probably 11-15K I think.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You're thinking of the Demon production numbers, I think. They sold 100 of these, supposedly.

3L, claimed. 6k? Probably 11-15K I think.
Likely closer to 15k. Isn't the msrp on the 2.7 blower something like 10k?