Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Media Bias - More Proof

MikeD1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Old Mopar Guy

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Yup. Same old sh*t. No surprise there. I’m sure he’s just a product of his environment, poor boy...never had a chance.

John G.

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Obama will probably call a press conference in defense of the attacker and say "If I had a son..."

Speedy!

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd love to find that guy.

oilburner

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

Paladin06

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Go Goody

Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
This disgusting event was on my local news in Florida

SilverBillet

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
Don’t understand why the 3rd guy is charged?

jroyk

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
So the media is all over the dude casing the home construction site being shot, but there continues to be ZERO coverage of this atrocity in Detroit !

https://www.lawofficer.com/violent-nursing-home-beating-caught-on-video-media-is-silent/

Further proof of just how biased the media in this country has become !
Not only the media but Michigan's A.G. picks a twitter fight with Trump about not wearing a face mask at a Ford plant, but makes no mention of that incident.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Don’t understand why the 3rd guy is charged?
The 'authorities' are not saying - making it seem like the reason is damn thin.

Very similar to this Detroit thing, they have the guy (after all the dolt posted it all over FB for the world to see), but are refusing to release his name - gotta wonder why ?
Eventually it will come out whether he gets out on bail or goes to jail my guess is some group will exact justice on his useless arse !

1971demon

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Beast707

Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
WTF is wrong with people today? Exactly why I don't watch the news. Couldn't even watch the whole video.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Sh*t like this...makes me glad I stopped watching ALL news outlets...I've had enough:poop:
WTF is wrong with people today? Exactly why I don't watch the news. Couldn't even watch the whole video.
Yeah, I used to watch the news nightly. Got sick of all the local media broadcasts and their blatant BS, quit that.
Was watching the 30 min. 'national news' but that has gone to hell as well & now I can't even stomach that.

jroyk

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
So the media is all over the dude casing the home construction site being shot, but there continues to be ZERO coverage of this atrocity in Detroit !

https://www.lawofficer.com/violent-nursing-home-beating-caught-on-video-media-is-silent/

Further proof of just how biased the media in this country has become !
Okay, just read on one conservative site that the guy that did the beating was a mental patient living in a group home. He contracted Covid-19 and was transferred to the nursing home by mistake. Can’t confirm that yet, but if true, that puts it in a different light and gives our beloved governor another black eye.

Jack_Toepfer

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
It says that he was a patient in the home, not a worker. If you're 20 and your a patient in a home, you have something going on in your life that needs help.

I'm not saying that he doesn't need an ass whooping, I'm saying that if the news made a big deal out of someone with significant mental health issues hitting someone, there would be a lot of people pissed off at the media for every time someone who has special needs reaches out and attacks someone. If any of you have ever been around special needs people, they can be very violent, even when completely unprovoked.
There was a video, a long time ago, of a father who punches a disabled kid in the face in line at a McDonalds or someplace like that. The disabled boy was attacking his son, unprovoked. The father took immediate action. Is the media going to run it? Absolutely not, a retarded kid just got knocked out by a grown ass man... would a father just like me do the same thing? I really hope I'm never put in that situation, for everyone's sake.

Yes, he is capable of using social media, and he is capable of hate just like everyone else, but he ain't all there guys.

Now, if this mf'r has near average mental capacity and is capable of controlling himself, sign me up for the beat down... Without a complete narrative, who is to say what the appropriate response should be.

Having said all of that, I just looked into the construction site murder. Jesus... I've avoided this one because of all of the misinformation.
1. Nobody should have been entering the construction site, for any reason. He was trespassing, along with several other people, throughout the build process of the house. It doesn't appear as though he or anyone else vandalized or stole anything from the job site. He should have never been there regardless of his reasoning. If you're curious about construction, buy a pair of boots and go get a job building houses, otherwise - stay the hell out.
2. The owner of the house had nothing to do with anything. If he was in his home when it was entered by a trespasser, things could have escalated there - appropriately so.
3. The guys who murdered that kid had absolutely no right to get involved the way that they did. If you want to make a citizens arrest you don't start by riding in the back of your pickup truck with a gun drawn and approach a guy with a shotgun in your hands... that is how you murder someone.

Have you guys seen the cell phone video? It's worse than the one in the OP.

FWIW - my blood runs red, I'm a man from head to toe, and I call things how I see them. I don't know anything about the parties involved other than what I have read, and all I had access to was the videos that were released. You watch the kid beating the old man... he is missing some brain cells. Watch his movement. You watch these good ol'boys jump out of that truck, they are out for blood, not justice.

Okay, just read on one conservative site that the guy that did the beating was a mental patient living in a group home. He contracted Covid-19 and was transferred to the nursing home by mistake. Can’t confirm that yet, but if true, that puts it in a different light and gives our beloved governor another black eye.
Just seeing this after my post. If this guy had a damn cold and not a mental disability... fu*k him.

John G.

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Yeah, I used to watch the news nightly. Got sick of all the local media broadcasts and their blatant BS, quit that.
Was watching the 30 min. 'national news' but that has gone to hell as well & now I can't even stomach that.
Me too, but I got so sick of ALL the crap on TV I pulled the plug completely almost two years ago. Now I just have an antennae so I can watch football.

Av8ing1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Horrible events but very isolated. They shouldn't even be national news. My irritation is that the media coverage is all about driving a narrative on us. The idea that we are a country full of racists, we are bad. Cover wall to wall any white on black incidents and bury others including black on black. We should be covering these events less and when we do as person on person without regard to race. Race issues certainly could still be improved and should be but look how far we have come! Things are so much better than when I was young and miles away from my grandparents generation but you wouldn't know it watching the news. They want us divided, confused, angry, fighting each other and in need of government intervention. This is a disservice to us and we will all loose. Its getting more challenging not to see the press as the enemy of the people. Reality is some people are pieces of shit. Most are good. Life isn't perfect and unity is better than division. Things are way better than they are trying to make us believe. We are all safer than we used to be but we are trading our freedom for it.

OP
MikeD1

MikeD1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
Me too, but I got so sick of ALL the crap on TV I pulled the plug completely almost two years ago. Now I just have an antennae so I can watch football.
I looked into doing that & getting 1 of the streaming services to watch the stuff I wanted, but we are too far from any of the major markets (Tampa, Orlando, Gainsville) to get an OTA signal :(

1971demon

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
What does it matter...him like Cuomo...cant see shit anyway...:mad: