Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

M6 Challenger Skip Shift Eliminator

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I am just wondering if that is something that is still worth doing. For Some reason I remember reading that 2019 MY no longer really benefited from that but I can no longer find any info on that. Is that something that is still needed on a 2019 or no longer? Anyone know if the 2019 M6 cars still have the skip shift function from the factory?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am just wondering if that is something that is still worth doing. For Some reason I remember reading that 2019 MY no longer really benefited from that but I can no longer find any info on that. Is that something that is still needed on a 2019 or no longer? Anyone know if the 2019 M6 cars still have the skip shift function from the factory?
I do recall something about this, but the specifics leaked out on the floor... :oops:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I have never had to choose a gear I didn't want to in my 2019.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #4
I have never had to choose a gear I didn't want to in my 2019.
I guess I will hold off for now, but will buy the skip shift eliminator if that ever happens to me...

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I guess I will hold off for now, but will buy the skip shift eliminator if that ever happens to me...
Maybe it does it in Eco mode?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm not 100% sure what your saying. If it's happening, it's happening. If it's not, it's not. My car is a way early M6 ('09). It was simply not a pleasure and totally annoying, stock. It was the 1ST mod I did, period. I had to.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #7
I'm not 100% sure what your saying. If it's happening, it's happening. If it's not, it's not. My car is a way early M6 ('09). It was simply not a pleasure and totally annoying, stock. It was the 1ST mod I did, period. I had to.
Well I am not sure, my car is not here yet (factory ordered). I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't necessary on the 2019 but can find no more info on that...I have been ordering stuff for the car already even though its not here yet lol :sneaky:

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
The 1-4 shift used to annoy me on my old RT. I find that it isn't an issue in the Hellcat. I usually shift 1-2 above 25 mph. Sometimes above 30 mph...or 40 mph...or 65 mph...but that's just me :)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well I am not sure, my car is not here yet (factory ordered). I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't necessary on the 2019 but can find no more info on that...I have been ordering stuff for the car already even though its not here yet lol :sneaky:
Got it. Did not realize you did not have possession yet. Ordering stuff?!. Can you say "anticipation". ? :D

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #10
Got it. Did not realize you did not have possession yet. Ordering stuff?!. Can you say "anticipation". ? :D
Ohh yeah I have been starting to buy things for the car already, like rock guards and such lol eventually going to get a Barton Shifter....I am just really curious about this skip shift thing b/c I remember reading a while back that it's no longer necessary to buy that some change with 2019 but I dunno. Is it possible that they either removed that or maybe it only does that in eco mode now? I am really trying to remember.....I remember saying I guess I won't buy one of those after all...I am a little OCD so this is bothering me hahahaha o_O

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #11
Some searching the on the old site reveals interesting information....I guess 2017 and newer will not skip shift unless in default mode, so any custom mode, sport mode or track mode and apparently it's just disabled from the factory....aka no skip shift device needed for me!

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/m6-skip-shift-eliminator.226299/

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The 1-4 shift used to annoy me on my old RT. I find that it isn't an issue in the Hellcat. I usually shift 1-2 above 25 mph. Sometimes above 30 mph...or 40 mph...or 65 mph...but that's just me :)
I have a hard time not giving my M6 a "little" throttle for 1-2 shift - it just feels so nice .... skip shift isn't really an issue with me on the Hellcat.

Last edited: