Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Local dyno day coming up, any tips?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Was thinking about participating in a local dyno day this weekend. I mean there's nothing else to do around here...

Is there anything I need to know about having one of these cars on a dyno? The shop doing it isn't a Mopar shop, mostly Fords so I don't expect the dyno operator to know the specifics about the Hellcat. So is there a fuse I need to pull? ABS fuse? I know 6th gear is our 1:1 gear, but will shop dyno in 6th? What gear should I ask them to dyno in??? Any other thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated - thanks!!!

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #2
So I realized that I forgot to update this thread:

Attachments

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You know the drill, good gas, no traction control. When we did my ‘15. We did three pulls. Street, sport, track. For whatever reason, the last pull in track rang the bell over the others. 6th was over 190 mph at redline with the lower numerical gear on the ‘15. I don’t remember which gear your new RE has.

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #4
This was a 5th gear pull in track mode(150 mph on the dyno), transmission in M mode and on that third pull we did take it up to 6500! :)

My car has the 2.62s

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This was a 5th gear pull in track mode(150 mph on the dyno), transmission in M mode and on that third pull we did take it up to 6500! :)

My car has the 2.62s
There is why the bottom line power was a bit high. It was multiplied a bit.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So I realized that I forgot to update this thread:
Never been a dyno guy about numbers but still fun to do. Best to do it with some others to compare same day and dyno

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #7
Never been a dyno guy about numbers but still fun to do. Best to do it with some others to compare same day and dyno
Indeed, I only did this because it was a local Challenger club day and our track never opened this year so I was itching to do anything with my car LOL Everyone else was reading very close to where they should be, 392 Scat Packs making 420 rwhp. The shop that was hosting is doing a redeye build for a customer and they asked me what my mods were done to mine and I was like no she's stock. I asked them about doing a pull in 6th gear and they said it would probably read the same...anyway, whatever a dyno pull is just that. My car runs great, pulled away from my friend's brand new 2020 redeye, so maybe she does have a few extra ponies :)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Waxhaw
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
I'd say the dyno guy doesn't have a clue. You should always pull in 1:1 gear, 6th for us.