Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Lizzy Musi Diagnosed With Stage 4 Breast Cancer

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I heard she's here in Houston at MD Anderson Cancer Center getting treatment.
Some of the best doctors in the world for cancer. She'll have the best treatment she can get but there's still only so much they can do when it's found a little too late.
We'll keep praying for her full recovery.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
And she has a history in her family.
The doctors are at fault, and I’m not saying the plastic surgeons, the ones that failed to give a shit about her medical history and the ones that told her to ignore the growth.
Back a few years back, we changed health insurance, the new company canceled our coverage and sent the check back so we were waiting for the next insurance come into effect the following month.

Anyway, I'm feeling really bad and have 0 energy. I go to the emergency room to get them to check me out. When they found out that I was between insurance coverage, they did a quick xray.

It showed a spot on my lung. They told me to come back in a year, yes a fucking year, to get it checked again.

It ended up being pneumonia, thank God.

The medical profession is a complete sham. It's all about the money and nothing else.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Back a few years back, we changed health insurance, the new company canceled our coverage and sent the check back so we were waiting for the next insurance come into effect the following month.

Anyway, I'm feeling really bad and have 0 energy. I go to the emergency room to get them to check me out. When they found out that I was between insurance coverage, they did a quick xray.

It showed a spot on my lung. They told me to come back in a year, yes a fucking year, to get it checked again.

It ended up being pneumonia, thank God.

The medical profession is a complete sham. It's all about the money and nothing else.
Man, that pneumonia is a killer. I was 37, couldn’t breathe, felt like I was already dead after a prolonged bout of chest discomfort. Before it was finally diagnosed, I hadn’t slept for 4 days, and went to the Immediate Care three times leading up to my final visit. This was the November before the pandemic, Covid wasn’t a thing yet… I finally got them to do a chest X-ray… it didn’t look good at all. Turns out it was pneumonia. I have about 40% lung capacity now… wish they would have caught it when I first went in, but I had it for about a month total.
I’ve always had very good insurance but I was surrounded by incompetence… I felt like I was approaching end of life, out of body sort of experience.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I started watching his video awhile back and had to turn it off. It was really hard and sad to watch someone say goodbye.

I saw where Lizzy posted a YouTube video.

How old is she?
too young to die that's for sure...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
Man, that pneumonia is a killer. I was 37, couldn’t breathe, felt like I was already dead after a prolonged bout of chest discomfort. Before it was finally diagnosed, I hadn’t slept for 4 days, and went to the Immediate Care three times leading up to my final visit. This was the November before the pandemic, Covid wasn’t a thing yet… I finally got them to do a chest X-ray… it didn’t look good at all. Turns out it was pneumonia. I have about 40% lung capacity now… wish they would have caught it when I first went in, but I had it for about a month total.
I’ve always had very good insurance but I was surrounded by incompetence… I felt like I was approaching end of life, out of body sort of experience.
I was in my office and I finally told my wife that if I didn't get this resolved that I was going to die.

Damn crazy.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When I took both my parents in to the ER they were in adjoining rooms. My father was diagnosed with pneumonia. My mother, when I told her, said "The killer of the elderly." Which shows the era she grew up in. And that was right, my father did not make it out alive. Not just because of the pneumonia, but other things as well. For example, in a hospitalization before that, he had bad internal bleeding (inside the intestines among other places). They have him 28 units of blood, platelets, and plasma, in a 24 hour period. I've seen HVGSWs take far less than that. Anyway, one doctor refused to leave the hospital until they got it under control. I came into the ICU at one point and he was sitting up right in the bed (back of the bed raised, and legs raised, so it was a kind of W shape) in a giant pool of blood around his pelvis, reading the newspaper. Felt fine, but that blood. I've seen blood; but seeing my father sitting in a 6 inch deep pool of it was difficult. Surreal.