Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Little drag racing vs a Yamaha R1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That awesome! I had an '87 Mustang that ran low 9's and I used to give this guy shit that had a hayabusa with nitrous that went 9.4's. It was good fun but I was one of the few with a real street he couldn't beat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeah i have raced some motorcycles and they love it lol. They go by thumbs up and all when I walk them.

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Hes an awesome dude and rider his bike is turned up he ran 10.65 new pb the da was 8200

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #5
That awesome! I had an '87 Mustang that ran low 9's and I used to give this guy shit that had a hayabusa with nitrous that went 9.4's. It was good fun but I was one of the few with a real street he couldn't beat
Yeah i have raced some motorcycles and they love it lol. They go by thumbs up and all when I walk them.
He stayed right there with me and a super tough da

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Hes an awesome dude and rider his bike is turned up he ran 10.65 new pb the da was 8200

The high-altitude life!

Great videos thanks for sharing and great car, you are running strong!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Love this stuff and I am a motorcyclist enthusiast as well. And I love nailing my Hellcat as I go by a biker LOL. A month ago I was on a back road dIrving my Redeye and this border line Ninja Rider with his girlfriend hangin on was IMO way too slow. So on a straight I nailed her and I swear the dude just about drove off the road LOL as my exhaust about made them jump off the bike LOL.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Love this stuff and I am a motorcyclist enthusiast as well. And I love nailing my Hellcat as I go by a biker LOL. A month ago I was on a back road dIrving my Redeye and this border line Ninja Rider with his girlfriend hangin on was IMO way too slow. So on a straight I nailed her and I swear the dude just about drove off the road LOL as my exhaust about made them jump off the bike LOL.
Lots of high-performance motorcycle dudes running around out here and they are always up for some fun :)

I've never driven one...probably a good thing.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I rode a 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa from 2002 to 2011 and I never lost a street race to anything (it was stock except for Yoshimura mufflers). With 160 wheel hp and 550 lbs, it's not hard to see why. For a sportbike it was amazingly torquey, from a low 3000 rpm, all the way to its 11,000 redline, due to its large 1300 cc motor. I hit an indicated 165 once in a freeway carpool lane in SoCal going to work racing a Honda RC51; went by him so easily he was shaking his head.

Sport bikes are difficult to launch hard, due to their short wheelbase, high CG, low torque at low rpm, and round rear tires that put little tread down. They want to either wheelie, bog, or spin the tire. You can hear in the first video he bogs off the line, and in the second he wheelies. These are the reasons the HC jumps to an early lead, but can't pull away once the bike gets going. Also, at that altitude a blown engine will have a big advantage over a naturally aspirated one.

The real advantage I had in SoCal was lane splitting! My commute time was way shorter than any four-wheelers'.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Had a 1991 ZX-11 with @140hp and @485lbs, also never lost a street race to anything. All you said is true. Shocked the Hayabusa's were that heavy. At the time my bike was considered the heavyweight with CBR's going 420! But yea, they bog, spin, or wheelie unless you get that magical spot where you slip the clutch just right with the power on and get the 2'' wheelie for the first 30-50' then just upshift no clutch full throttle (I had custom undercut tranny gears).
Great Vid though and 4000lbs beating or keeping up with bike is impressive.

OP
jakeh1

jakeh1

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
grand junction
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Had a 1991 ZX-11 with @140hp and @485lbs, also never lost a street race to anything. All you said is true. Shocked the Hayabusa's were that heavy. At the time my bike was considered the heavyweight with CBR's going 420! But yea, they bog, spin, or wheelie unless you get that magical spot where you slip the clutch just right with the power on and get the 2'' wheelie for the first 30-50' then just upshift no clutch full throttle (I had custom undercut tranny gears).
Great Vid though and 4000lbs beating or keeping up with bike is impressive.
He was beating a stretched hayabusa by a full second that same night on his r1

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Because it sounds so awesome on a bike.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Geeze CC...don't ever try that with yer fords...unless its a Royal Enfield that calls you out...

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Had a 1991 ZX-11 with @140hp and @485lbs, also never lost a street race to anything.
I traded in my 1997 Kawasaki ZX-11 for my 'busa. Big improvement in power and speed. I still remember the first time I dialed the throttle on the big Suzuki. The ZX-11 was no slouch (I ran 11.1 the only time I took it to the track) but the Hayabusa was noticeably faster.