Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Installing tank ice box?

AlleyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
The emp I've box has three ways to install such.
One is to bypass the heat exchanger for track use.
The other two ways are to run it to the intercooler first and then to the heat exchanger and the other way is reversed from what I just stated.
What are most of you doing?

Primetime Hellcat 17

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
BDEC2936-DF5F-4B2A-B525-E10ED6601158.jpeg 7798D637-DE13-4E43-86D4-80CDD49BB0FD.jpeg 97D0C731-3FCF-45E6-A82C-DCA7854DA360.jpeg
This is what Tommy came up with at SRT AutoWorks. No way in hell I was taking out the subwoofer. It looks nice and clean.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #3
Looks good. I am old. I hate woofers. Lol. So mine will come out. The box I will be using is 7 gallons. How many gallons is yours?

Primetime Hellcat 17

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Looks good. I am old. I hate woofers. Lol. So mine will come out. The box I will be using is 7 gallons. How many gallons is yours?
I believe it’s a 6-7 gallon

Marc W

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
View attachment 12836 View attachment 12837 View attachment 12838
This is what Tommy came up with at SRT AutoWorks. No way in hell I was taking out the subwoofer. It looks nice and clean.
This is the box to have if you want to use a chiller. My FI Interchiller works best using my ice box with about 2 gallons in the tank. That gives me the fastest and coldest temps. Problem with the flat “Charger” version (that I have) is that 2 gallons barely covers the pump intake and any deceleration uncovers that and sucks air. That won’t happen with this “Challenger” version of the tank. To be honest... before going with the interchiller I don’t know which way the coolant was moving thru the exchanger. I don’t know that it matters. I have now removed the exchanger and closed off the inner opening in the fender well that allows the air to move thru it, so that air duct is now functioning as a cold air inlet for the supercharger. After I get everything else done, I may change over to this tank to get that increased efficiency with the interchiller.

Last edited:

Marc W

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Btw AlleyCat..... Tommy is doing such beautiful installs on these things now you wouldn’t believe it. Using large radius custom fittings they are show car quality. If you are not planning on going to a interchiller and want the type of box I have now, we could possibly work a swap where we put mine in your car and one like James has in mine. 915368D0-C894-4B85-854B-79A1DE1D7FCB.jpeg

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had one and sold it, never installed it. The original plan was to use it, then I decided to go with the FI Interchiller and use it as a reservoir tank for the chiller but the chiller worked so well without it that I never bothered to install it and sold it.