Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I Went and Did it!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Last Friday I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 2023 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak.

B5 Blue with satin black hood, performance spoiler, black badging package, black hood pins and a few other minor options.
Fortunately I knew somebody at a qualifying dealership who was able to get my order in first. And best of all no mark up!
It should look pretty much like the pic.

Wow, what a rush to think of getting a hold of one of the last supercharged Mopar V8 monster horsepower muscle cars ever made.
RRDon

Attachments

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Beautiful!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hey Don. Welcome to the forum. I have the white Challenger HC in St George. Made it to a few of the car shows and breakfasts. The one who went nuts and turned it into a drag car 😂. Check my build history thread here and also SRT_Stinkeye on Instagram. The build is just getting finished now (finally). Congrats on the purchase. That will be sweet. I got one just like it in my garage (sorta). 3F6DD7E0-61BE-46F8-A859-8313E22538FC.jpeg

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #4
It's like going back in time to 1971 when it was the end of an era but you could still order one of the last Hemi Cudas or Challengers. Only back then, as now, hardly anyone could afford one.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Hi Mark! Nice to hear from someone local I know personally. Wow, that's some kinda whopping gorgeous blue monster you got in your garage!
Is it street legal?

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #6
BTW I'll be at the Sand Hollow car show tomorrow with my Road Runner. A bunch of us Mopar guys are parking together on the West end near the club house. Entry includes free breakfast. Come join us! RRDon

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
BTW I'll be at the Sand Hollow car show tomorrow with my Road Runner. A bunch of us Mopar guys are parking together on the West end near the club house. Entry includes free breakfast. Come join us! RRDon
I was thinking about that now that the car is finished but seeing that it’s in my garage now, I’m 30 miles from Sand Hollow. At 3 mpg on race fuel I’d never make it 😂. I would have to trailer it and I don’t know what the facilities are for that. 5C52A781-DD60-4F81-B3BF-FCB37F165CD8.jpeg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Hi Mark! Nice to hear from someone local I know personally. Wow, that's some kinda whopping gorgeous blue monster you got in your garage!
Is it street legal?
Well…. here in Washington County Utah…. You can drive just about anything on the street 🤓. But NO. It’s another 1500 hp monster drag car just like mine. It’s owned by SpankinTime Motorsports (the shop I’m working with in Hurricane). I’ve just been storing it in my garage until it goes back to the shop next week to get ready for a race in December. 3611D2C1-56BF-44B0-946D-C8F4BC38D520.jpeg

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #9
Wow, we need to get together and talk. You've obviously got a lot of experience and useful info on these cars.
You can just come and spectate at the show tomorrow. Look me up if you do. Or if you wanted to you could park your rig in front of my house in Dixie Springs. I'm only about a mile (that's four 1/4s for you drag racing guys) away from San Hollow. :))

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Wow, we need to get together and talk. You've obviously got a lot of experience and useful info on these cars.
You can just come and spectate at the show tomorrow. Look me up if you do. Or if you wanted to you could park your rig in front of my house in Dixie Springs. I'm only about a mile (that's four 1/4s for you drag racing guys) away from San Hollow. :))
🤔

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
. Do you have room for 65’ of truck and trailer?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
It's like going back in time to 1971 when it was the end of an era but you could still order one of the last Hemi Cudas or Challengers. Only back then, as now, hardly anyone could afford one.
I was 5 last time around. This time I wasn’t going to miss it! Another B5 guy here.
A37A6AE5-4062-4BD2-A5DB-9E190BE94ACF.jpeg

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #13
I sent you a private email and included my phone.

OP
RRDon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Anytown
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
Thread Starter #14
I was 20 then and this was all I could afford, $2,695 brand new, June of 1970, close out sale.

Attachments

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Hey Don. Welcome to the forum. I have the white Challenger HC in St George. Made it to a few of the car shows and breakfasts. The one who went nuts and turned it into a drag car 😂. Check my build history thread here and also SRT_Stinkeye on Instagram. The build is just getting finished now (finally). Congrats on the purchase. That will be sweet. I got one just like it in my garage (sorta). View attachment 86331
Hey there Marc, did you pull that sun roof and plate over it? if so, did you DIY the cover?

Member ID
Reactions
City
PBG
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Trackhawk
Last Friday I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 2023 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Jailbreak.

B5 Blue with satin black hood, performance spoiler, black badging package, black hood pins and a few other minor options.
Fortunately I knew somebody at a qualifying dealership who was able to get my order in first. And best of all no mark up!
It should look pretty much like the pic.

Wow, what a rush to think of getting a hold of one of the last supercharged Mopar V8 monster horsepower muscle cars ever made.
RRDon
Congrats, beautiful! I was able to get one of the last Trackhawks.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I sent you a private email and included my phone.
Congratulations on scoring that beauty!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
A lot of us struggle with race car or street car. @Marc W didn’t struggle with the decision. Me on the other hand I’m at the point where I need to make the decision.
You will be happy with stock hp… maybe…..
I will say the demon redeye jailbreak platform make huge power with pretty much injectors and e85.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A lot of us struggle with race car or street car. @Marc W didn’t struggle with the decision. Me on the other hand I’m at the point where I need to make the decision.
You will be happy with stock hp… maybe…
I will say the demon redeye jailbreak platform make huge power with pretty much injectors and e85.
Make the switch, you won't regret it.