Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How often in your Hellcat have you been asked...

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
To give it the business as they just want to see it and hear it in action?

Take pics of car?
Ask questions about your HC?

Granted the platform is hardly new and FCA wants to HellCat motor the entire line it seems, but I still find myself running into people who do not encounter these awesome rides on a daily basis.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
All the above used to be a common occurrence. Now its beyond rare to have any questions asked, let alone a head turned. We are old news:cry:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Even though mine is a subtle 4 door, it gets more attention than is warranted, but I always oblige.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Eleven.

OP
Purerock105

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Thread Starter #5
It might be the area's in which we reside in too. Old news is a mass generalization, but not off the mark either.

I live in the 19th biggest media market which mirrors population rankings as well. NYC #1, LA #2, so on and so forth, but where I live and operate, I rarely see the cars I own. I see plenty of Porsche, BMW M cars, MB AMG. But, I don't DD any of mine on a work commute either. I also frequent the same few spots that I actually go to. Maybe I need to get out more. 😂

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
All the time. Have had them pull off the road to look at car as I am driving by. 90 percent of the time I get gas, I am asked about it. Most take pics, and I enjoy opening hood and door so they can see in.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The charger gets more attention than the challenger...there's just so few in comparison.

Most of the time I pull up and people are like... "that's a hellcat?"

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
All the time. Have had them pull off the road to look at car as I am driving by. 90 percent of the time I get gas, I am asked about it. Most take pics, and I enjoy opening hood and door so they can see in.
Damn Hunter...your whole car is eye candy...I would take a picture.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I once had an awesome, Hondo runner-bottom V-drive with a 468 Chevy running 2x4s on a polished tunnel ram and big, swooped back chrome headers. The boat was gorgeous and real fast. Unfortunately, I could never find a good place to run the thing without people on the water and shore yelling at me to "get that damn thing outta here!" Once at idle, a Sheriff's boat told me to "slow down, you're making too much wake!" I lifted my feet in the air and said "it won't go any slower". They shook their heads in disgust. People told me to go to a certain lake; in a certain cove and I'd find like boats who race all day. Finally made it there just before I was ready to sell it and thought I was in Heaven. I was finally among like minded owners with really cool, fast n loud V drives!

My Red Eye is very much like that Hondo in the community (and two neighboring communities) I live in. Way too many snobby people who stick their noses in the air around my car. They won't acknowledge the car. The "hot" women won't even look toward it. They only look at the Porches; BMWs; Mercedes and Ferraris. It does get attention at the race track, mainly from the younger guys. The older guys (especially with older race cars) are not friendly at all. I guess after they've worked so hard and paid so much money to make their cars look good and be fast, it's not fun to get beat by a new car bought down at the local Dodge dealer. 10's are so much fun!!! :p

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
These are the most significant:

People chase it to take pictures.

Follow me into parking lots to ask questions and take pictures.

I don't know how many pickup trucks (especially Rams) want to have me nail it going down the street.

Remember on the other place, when the MN guys posted up they wanted to drive one!

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
My favorite question is when they ask me to rev it up. With mine, you really don't hear the supercharger unless its under load.

Rob

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I really don't get too much attention (how I like it). Had a girl tailgating and her phone camera aimed at my car. Had a Ford Transit van (pest control van) drive along side and took some pictures. Couple motorcycles give thumbs up. I usually get gas early in the morning so that might be why I don't get approached in those settings.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
WELL, today I was making some quick errands before I went to work. The Bank, Hair salon for an app, food store and I needed to get gas. While getting gas, there an Older man walked up to me and asked How much horse power does that have? I said a Hellcat is 707 and this one at the track has 900+HP Then he wants to look under the hood. OK I popped the Hood. He said he was Old school Mopar and started to ask me a lot of questions. Most I could answer. He asks if it has posi traction POSI TRACTION now my brain is starting to hurt....I got to get to work...........I'm like... LOL That reminds me of My Cousin Vinny! He gives me the Deer in head lights looks. No I say.
He then asks me what would it cost him if he pays me for a ride sometime.......he loves speed. I'm looking at him and thinking NO Way!
He would like to see me race sometime. He was a racer back in the day ...ATCO and Englishtown! He then offers to buy me some coffee. I'm like Thanks but if I don't get to work my son will think I'm dead!
Honest to God I was so Thankful my Tank got filled before he came out!
I like it much better when someone recognizes my HC from the BIGKLIEB34 videos.

Linda :)

Last edited:

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn Hunter...your whole car is eye candy...I would take a picture.
Thank you.
They are ALL eye candy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All the above used to be a common occurrence. Now its beyond rare to have any questions asked, let alone a head turned. We are old news:cry:
What amazes me..the number of young men (driving age)..that have no idea what they are..sure they know it as a Challenger..but that's it

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thank you.
They are ALL eye candy.
Yeah..but the wheels...and flares..(and color)..take it over the top...

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
The older guys (especially with older race cars) are not friendly at all. I guess after they've worked so hard and paid so much money to make their cars look good and be fast, it's not fun to get beat by a new car bought down at the local Dodge dealer. 10's are so much fun!!! :p
I am one of those "old guys" who spent a ton of money getting my Barracuda in the low 12's, always looking for a car I could take out without worrying about some 50 old part finally giving out.
I am proud of building 12 sec street car, but then a buddy bought a scat pack Charger and ran a tenth faster with a brand new car... dam... impressive...

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Mine always gets looks, living in a poor country has to have some positive aspects .
I live in the unfamous Juarez, there are very few exotics, and almost all of them followed by a truck with bodyguards (I am obviously not saying the hellcat is an exotic car, although it’s about 420 minimum mexican monthly wages). I’ve seen 2 hellcats here in a 1.3 million people town so they generally turn heads. Although one thing I really love about this car is that for people who don’t know about cars, it just looks like a 10 years old car, which is good when you don’t want to catch bad people’s attention.
You have access in the US to excellent credit / loan terms we don’t have here and obviously the 1 usd / 19 pesos exchange rate doesn’t help us, seeing a 25 years old driving a 40k usd cars is not common here, it seems to be quite normal in the US.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Vincent
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
What amazes me..the number of young men (driving age)..that have no idea what they are..sure they know it as a Challenger..but that's it
Agree. Thank God my boys are not glued to video games on the computer. They work on and appreciate Mopars. I get some comments on the Charger but mostly when it first starts up (especially when cold) and startles everyone within 50 feet. LMAO