Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How is this removed from a 19 Chall. HC?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Real men don’t need the directions 😂😂

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Here is what I did with AFE CAI manufactured for the Demon adapted to my Redeye
Picture 1 is the result
Picture 2 is what parts we ( Redeye and 2019 Hellcat) have to add and/or modify to our PCV valve system because it not the same as the Demon. The elbow from our OEM intake boot can not be taked out and anyway couldn't fit in the AFE intake boot. So I bought an 5/8 plastic universal elbow from auto parts store and cut 1 end to be flush with the inside diameter of the AFE intake coupler (throttle body/CF AFE boot). I also bought 5/8 heater hose (1 foot). To take off the OEM plastic hose from the OEM intake boot elbow, I gently heat the end of OEM plastic hose with a heat gun protecting any other around parts, with some leather working gloves from over heat and pulled out. Result: the new shortened at 1 end universal 5/8 elbow fit perfectly in in the AFE coupler hole and and the 5/8 heater hose also fit perfectly and very tight over our OEM plastic hose end. 20191027_104537.jpg

Attachments

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Real men don’t need the directions 😂😂
oh...here we go........

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Directions don't need real men. I figured it out years ago. Problem with fittings that are like a divorced wood chunker. Small torch, heat slightly and turn like talking to your last divorce attorney. Like you are getting screwed for the last time. $$ wise. But some time the right amount of heat and cooling will do the job. But, just use the right parts. Hmm.

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
Demon and MY18 Hellcats have the same PCV fitting as a MY17. The 19 is different, which you’ve unfortunately found out the hard way.

OP
Hunter

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #26
Here is what I did with AFE CAI manufactured for the Demon adapted to my Redeye
Picture 1 is the result
Picture 2 is what parts we ( Redeye and 2019 Hellcat) have to add and/or modify to our PCV valve system because it not the same as the Demon. The elbow from our OEM intake boot can not be taked out and anyway couldn't fit in the AFE intake boot. So I bought an 5/8 plastic universal elbow from auto parts store and cut 1 end to be flush with the inside diameter of the AFE intake coupler (throttle body/CF AFE boot). I also bought 5/8 heater hose (1 foot). To take off the OEM plastic hose from the OEM intake boot elbow, I gently heat the end of OEM plastic hose with a heat gun protecting any other around parts, with some leather working gloves from over heat and pulled out. Result: the new shortened at 1 end universal 5/8 elbow fit perfectly in in the AFE coupler hole and and the 5/8 heater hose also fit perfectly and very tight over our OEM plastic hose end. View attachment 10169
Did you have any "fit up" issues with the headlight intake tube and filter housing?

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
No fitting issue, it was like father in mother( not sure if I can write this in english lol)