Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How difficult is it to remove the factory deck stripes and other things (like the large Hellcat logo on the rear quarters)?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I could live with the stripes, but that cat head would have to go. Being white and the cat never getting direct overhead sun makes getting complete removal likely, imo.
Agree - that big-ass cathead and SRT they put on the quarters is just despicable to me - reminds me like a 16 year old whose rich daddy just bought him Hellcat for his birthday. I do like the factory stripes and/or black hood, roof, etc. - that's as far with bling as I go...only an OEM offering.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Bite tha 10mm bullit and take er to da paint shop. When it gets screwed up, not if, they will fix er. The use of caustic fluids will destroy a car. Or yo lungs. Thank aboutster. What you wood spend on a descent respar ator and filters. Not to imagine the exhaust system, cat, dog, KIDS, pays fer itself. My car is visiting da dealership on Monday fer an el service look sea. Time. The tech, Dave, has been thea for 14 years and only works on HC, Demons, and der Vipers. Takes pride in his ride,, Viper. Linder, annottah story. Viper snot Dave.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Bite tha 10mm bullit and take er to da paint shop. When it gets screwed up, not if, they will fix er. The use of caustic fluids will destroy a car. Or yo lungs. Thank aboutster. What you wood spend on a descent respar ator and filters. Not to imagine the exhaust system, cat, dog, KIDS, pays fer itself. My car is visiting da dealership on Monday fer an el service look sea. Time. The tech, Dave, has been thea for 14 years and only works on HC, Demons, and der Vipers. Takes pride in his ride,, Viper. Linder, annottah story. Viper snot Dave.
I agree. It's nice to have real car guys work on your cars.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Do not like the huge head! It's just tacky!
Factory stripes I like, I ordered mine with them. When it arrived one of the roof stripes needed to be replaced because just a tiny edge was lifted. Took 5 days because they had to pull the windows out of the car to replace the roof stripe. Apparently it goes under the windshield and rear windows?? I had no idea the stripes went under but they do.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Depending on how much sun it got will dictate if there will be any difference in color when the stickers are removed. Paint fading is a possibility but if it was kept in doors most of its life that shouldnt be an issue......

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Horrible probably and then will have to put new stripes right over it because the paint around the stripes will be lighter