Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Holy Crapola are you serious has the Electrification SUCKED all the juice out of the ICE AGE???

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I read a similar article early this morning but no mention of the HP and Torque #'s. Should have plenty of power!

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I read a similar article early this morning but no mention of the HP and Torque #'s. Should have plenty of power!
It’s truly incredible the Green Cars are going to be whispering and should I say whooshing by us lol. Oh this is sickening[vommit]

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
It’s truly incredible the Green Cars are going to be whispering and should I say whooshing by us lol. Oh this is sickening[vommit]
I was in my cat today and had a S 100D Tesla scoot by me. Those things are fast. The new roadster would be fun to test drive on a track.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I was in my cat today and had a S 100D Tesla scoot by me. Those things are fast. The new roadster would be fun to test drive on a track.
Yeah the Tesla market in the Rich Ass DC market is pretty huge. I live in the richest median income county in the country called Loudoun County VA. Those things are everywhere and off the line on a cold day their gone since I’m just going sideways lol. A damn Jeep guy raced me off the line yesterday and its 40 degrees out snd I’m just spinning, fishtailing catching up then smoke by him but damn he had me the first 50 plus yards. Then on open road at 50mph I just nail it and it’s bye bye lol. He didn’t want to play anymore and yeah it’s a Jeep guy.....hmm hell I have those lol.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I ran into a GT 350 owner today that told me he was on a back road and a Tesla got on his ass so he opened it up to 105 -115 and this car just stayed right behind him.
When he got to a gas station he pulled in and the Tesla pulled in also.
They started talking and it was a young guy driving the Tesla and they were interested in the Stang. when the Stang driver asked him about how he was following the young Tesla driver told him he had the car on autopilot and it was just keeping up with the car in front of them and matching the speed.
I know this Stang driver and he drives pretty aggressively so this was pretty surprising to hear.
Anybody know how the "autopilot" works and if the kid was truthful or just feeding him a line?
The Tesla kid was just interested in the noisy Ford he said...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I ran into a GT 350 owner today that told me he was on a back road and a Tesla got on his ass so he opened it up to 105 -115 and this car just stayed right behind him.
When he got to a gas station he pulled in and the Tesla pulled in also.
They started talking and it was a young guy driving the Tesla and they were interested in the Stang. when the Stang driver asked him about how he was following the young Tesla driver told him he had the car on autopilot and it was just keeping up with the car in front of them and matching the speed.
I know this Stang driver and he drives pretty aggressively so this was pretty surprising to hear.
Anybody know how the "autopilot" works and if the kid was truthful or just feeding him a line?
The Tesla kid was just interested in the noisy Ford he said...
I have adaptive cruise on my cars and yes I believe it. It’s radar bouncing off the object being a vehicle in front of you so in essence whatever speed the object is doing you will do as well. And of course you have to set your adaptive speed to match the car in front of you. With adaptive on, your car will brake and accelerate to match the vehicle ahead of you as well.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I’ll be honest, the electric Hummer sounds interesting. I saw the Ford Mach E thingy at Barrett Jackson and it was better looking than I thought. The biggest hang up I have with electric vehicles is the lack of range and the time it takes to charge.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yeah the Tesla market in the Rich Ass DC market is pretty huge. I live in the richest median income county in the country called Loudoun County VA. Those things are everywhere and off the line on a cold day their gone since I’m just going sideways lol. A damn Jeep guy raced me off the line yesterday and its 40 degrees out snd I’m just spinning, fishtailing catching up then smoke by him but damn he had me the first 50 plus yards. Then on open road at 50mph I just nail it and it’s bye bye lol. He didn’t want to play anymore and yeah it’s a Jeep guy.....hmm hell I have those lol.
We have had some unusually low temps lately and my tires are worthless. I am guilty of romping around town and with the cold weather my ass is everywhere. :ROFLMAO:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hmmm, I thought the entire purpose of owning a Hummer was to piss off the eco's & greenies ?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
The new Hummer...

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 8.58.32 PM.png

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have adaptive cruise on my cars and yes I believe it. It’s radar bouncing off the object being a vehicle in front of you so in essence whatever speed the object is doing you will do as well. And of course you have to set your adaptive speed to match the car in front of you. With adaptive on, your car will brake and accelerate to match the vehicle ahead of you as well.
Its all good....till a systems malfunction...and it happens..

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I guess the writing is on the wall, we are the horse and buggy crowd of the early 1900's.

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The lack of exhaust and engine noise is what I hate about these electric cars.
The sounds my hellcat makes still gives me goosebumps.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD