Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

help with map sensor's

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I have question for you thats in the know...my hellcats putting out 17lbs. of boost I'm thinking about going to a 3bar map is that something I need to do or not?And if so do all (four) map's have to be changed?If they do I guess I'll have to figure out what in the tune that will to have change also. Thanks

Last edited:

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
All four have to be changed but only if you have a 2015-2017. 2018+ hellcats already come with the same map sensors found in Demons and Redeyes. If you do change them out, the tune has to be updated to run properly. What year is your car?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
All four have to be changed but only if you have a 2015-2017. 2018+ hellcats already come with the same map sensors found in Demons and Redeyes. If you do change them out, the tune has to be updated to run properly. What year is your car?
His info says - 2016 HC

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
yep 2016

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
but I wonder will the 2bar maps that in the car is enough because it sure runs good or seems fine

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I guess the main reason I'm curious is because I'm fixing to install a snow meth kit also...I've had the kit for several months it's time I got off my lazy but and do it

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If it's running good then you may not have to worry about the map sensors but @zhc could better answer this.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I guess the main reason I'm curious is because I'm fixing to install a snow meth kit also...I've had the kit for several months it's time I got off my lazy but and do it
Sounds like you’re looking to fix something that’s not broken. If you’re running good… what are you looking to fix? Why do you want to use meth with 17 lbs of boost. I doubt you get a lot of agreement.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
main reason is the internet and all the talk about you need this you need that and me being a man from the carb. days just trying to do the best thing for my car.you right it's not broken and I want to keep it that way.and this answer is another reason I'm asking......from one of the answer's I got (A two bar is only gonna read up to 14.7 psi of boost. So I would definitely say to go with a 3 bar)

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
main reason is the internet and all the talk about you need this you need that and me being a man from the carb. days just trying to do the best thing for my car.you right it's not broken and I want to keep it that way
The best way to make safe power is run good e85 and a capable/reliable fuel system. If you’re making 17 lbs and haven’t hurt anything then you’re probably already doing that. The best internet to listen to is here. The rest of “them” are Jackholes that don’t know what they’re talking about.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I run 17lbs + on stock map sensors no problem.

I'd reconsider the meth inject on the Hellcat. With them being wide band all the time it gets a bit dicey IMHO. I run it on my supercharged 4Runner and have replaced the meth pump every year since installing it.

I have some video on my YT channel showing the pump issues. Could have just been elements related, and I'm hoping that was it with the 4th pump I've installed.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I run 17lbs + on stock map sensors no problem.

I'd reconsider the meth inject on the Hellcat. With them being wide band all the time it gets a bit dicey IMHO. I run it on my supercharged 4Runner and have replaced the meth pump every year since installing it.

I have some video on my YT channel showing the pump issues. Could have just been elements related, and I'm hoping that was it with the 4th pump I've installed.
your correct because my gauge in the car show's 17lbs. it someway it has to be reading I would assume....and far as the meth. goes I'm not tuning for the meth I the plate that mount at the throttle body so it's mainly for safety if there is such a thing

Last edited:
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
I wish I did know how to tune for e-85...but I did put 10gals. in the car and 20 miles down the road it thru a lean code on left bank cant remember what the code was but at the time I looked it up....so I pulled into the bp and filled up with 93.And havent run any e-85 since.I tried demon performance to help with tuning for e-85 but never heard back from them.I mean we spend money for tuning tools and then cant get help.I have hp tuners mvpi2,,,diablo trinity2 platinum and an I3 intune and still cant get help that you can really feel comfortable with. I just miss the carb. points and plug days....lol

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
I also have scat pack I put a p1x procharger and ati damper and pinned the crank all done myself.I didnt want to pay out the a$$ for someone to do what was for the most part easy.But had to have it tuned ended up being 2000+. So I got my hellcat installed a 2.85 upper another easy job again had to have it tuned 900.00 later I bought the incognito sleeve work done by me also double pinned the crank for that...got lucky I guess they say it will (learn) itself about the 2x-tra lbs boost and it must have because it's running good.I guess I can understand I'm taking money from them if I can tune myself...but I'm the type of person if I see you beside the road with a flat or hood up I'm goiing to stop and help if I can

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
The problem you can encounter with meth injection on these cars, is the methanol is a fuel and when it gets burned the O2 sensors will pick that up and start adjusting your fueling from your injectors. I think that's why you don't hear about too many folks running it on the Hellcat. It would be like having your carb jetted for proper fuel delivery then having another jet come in on top of that at WOT and dump fuel in to it.

A small spritz may be fine as the O2s can adjust quite a bit, but in the end I think the fuel trims will get out of whack. That's just my theory though.

If you were properly tuned then yeah your tune "should" be able to account for a couple more psi of boost. As long as your dash AFR gauge reads right at WOT your G2G I reckon.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
thanks guys I'm staying with the 2bar map when it gets here it'll just be another part I can put in my plastic box.Darn I'm gonna have to get a bigger box.....lol

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
I have watched all or most of your youtube video's.....and have enjoyed them....they have helped. Thanks

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Awesome, glad they helped.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I also have scat pack I put a p1x procharger and ati damper and pinned the crank all done myself.I didnt want to pay out the a$$ for someone to do what was for the most part easy.But had to have it tuned ended up being 2000+. So I got my hellcat installed a 2.85 upper another easy job again had to have it tuned 900.00 later I bought the incognito sleeve work done by me also double pinned the crank for that...got lucky I guess they say it will (learn) itself about the 2x-tra lbs boost and it must have because it's running good.I guess I can understand I'm taking money from them if I can tune myself...but I'm the type of person if I see you beside the road with a flat or hood up I'm goiing to stop and help if I can
Wow. This is like lather, rinse, repeat. I could've wrote this myself. Same for me doing the physical work and bringing somewhere for a tune. Dead on for pricing too! I thought it would be cheaper for you guys down south and anywhere out of NY state (Cali., I would expect the same $ as NY). And yes, I miss the turn the screws and bolts to make adjustment days! Good luck and success with your mods.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
but I wonder will the 2bar maps that in the car is enough because it sure runs good or seems fine
@zhc is a very well respected Tuner for our Hellcats.

You don't want to play guess and go with your Hellcat. By your questioning it seems to me that you are thinking how the SRT8s prior to the Hellcats were modified.

I think we could be more helpful if you tell us what your Goals are.

For a starter, are you going to take your Hellcat to the track or do you want more Fasssst fun on the streets.

Depending on your goals and mods the highest priority will be to have an experienced Hellcat Tuner. I guess you may have one.

Most of us know who the Top Tuners are and they would be giving you the best info because whatever you do they will have to tune.

There are lesser known tuners but their "Blow ups" are well known

Linda

Latest Forum Posts