Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Goofy Stuff. Wanna laugh? I did.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Did you guys know that you CAN'T lock your keys (fob) in the trunk? I didn't. I was reading the users guides that came with the car and it said that was one of the features. I thought that was hysterical so I tried it. Sure enough, you throw the fob in the trunk and slam it. Boink! It opens. Magic. I couldn't help myself. I did it like three times and LAUGHED out loud. (Yes I'm an idiot).
But on the other side of the coin, it amazes me (and creeps me out) how much these cars communicate with things around them (Wi Fi, phone, fobs etc.). I DON'T LIKE to get updates from FCA monthly about how many miles I have on my car and all service checks done while the car is sitting in the garage overnight! Then they E-mail me about it. Creepy. I also DON'T like how idiot proof everything is. Example: Sometimes I gotta role the car with the door open to get the tire on a certain point or mark. Boink! throws the parking pin in place. "No, we can't let you do that buddy". Annoying. Opinions?

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Example: Sometimes I gotta role the car with the door open to get the tire on a certain point or mark. Boink! throws the parking pin in place. "No, we can't let you do that buddy". Annoying. Opinions?
I think all the other things are just conveniences except for the above....my '15 Hellcat didn't have that feature, and I now know my '19 has it because....well - I couldn't figure out why the damn car was jamming itself into park when I was backing it down the ramps in my garage. Totally annoying. I thought there was something wrong with the transmission until I looked in the manual....

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
when I lower the air pressure in my tires I get an email about it in no less than 10 minutes.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Did you guys know that you CAN'T lock your keys (fob) in the trunk? I didn't. I was reading the users guides that came with the car and it said that was one of the features. I thought that was hysterical so I tried it. Sure enough, you throw the fob in the trunk and slam it. Boink! It opens. Magic. I couldn't help myself. I did it like three times and LAUGHED out loud. (Yes I'm an idiot).
But on the other side of the coin, it amazes me (and creeps me out) how much these cars communicate with things around them (Wi Fi, phone, fobs etc.). I DON'T LIKE to get updates from FCA monthly about how many miles I have on my car and all service checks done while the car is sitting in the garage overnight! Then they E-mail me about it. Creepy. I also DON'T like how idiot proof everything is. Example: Sometimes I gotta role the car with the door open to get the tire on a certain point or mark. Boink! throws the parking pin in place. "No, we can't let you do that buddy". Annoying. Opinions?
I left my keys in the charger trunk once. And it popped right open. I was like nice. I also like how when you have the car in gear and you open the door it automatically puts the car in park. No ghost riding with the whip with doors open haha

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Left mine in the center console at the store the other day. Locked the door, shut it and my car honked then unlocked. Sure glad these things are idiot proof :)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Example: Sometimes I gotta role the car with the door open to get the tire on a certain point or mark. Boink! throws the parking pin in place. "No, we can't let you do that buddy". Annoying.

My HC's a stick, so I don't have this issue, however...

The DSRT did this to me and I was like WTF??? So I did it again, and so did it... W THE F???

So I did it AGAIN, so did it... Now I'm like coming unglued a bit... What the F hell???

Then it dawned on me...

Oh....

:confused::sneaky::unsure::whistle:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
My HC's a stick, so I don't have this issue, however...

The DSRT did this to me and I was like WTF??? So I did it again, and so did it... W THE F???

So I did it AGAIN, so did it... Now I'm like coming unglued a bit... What the F hell???

Then it dawned on me...

Oh....

:confused::sneaky::unsure::whistle:
I was just getting ready to ask how this affects the m6 and got to ur post. Thanks... :cool:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I was just getting ready to ask how this affects the m6 and got to ur post. Thanks... :cool:

It does of course have the neutral-safety switch, but its behavior is "normal" and customary, like manuals have had for the last 50years or more...

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
It does of course have the neutral-safety switch, but its behavior is "normal" and customary, like manuals have had for the last 50years or more...
Had A 'Biden' moment....o_O

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Yes, knew you cat do that (even w the spare key inside luggage....) I dont get an email from dodge tool bags for low inflation until like 3 days later. They dont care about me

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes, knew you cat do that (even w the spare key inside luggage....) I dont get an email from dodge tool bags for low inflation until like 3 days later. They dont care about me

Oops... Our version of a Freudian slip?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whoops. Sorry... on phone. Little buttons, big hands. Knew you cant latch trunk lik w keys inside, even if they're packed in luggage.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I feel left out. Dodge has never sent an email about the car, even though I'm the original owner.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Don't... they still love you. Go into your nearest dealership and hand out cards with your e-mail address. You'll see.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Don't... they still love you. Go into your nearest dealership and hand out cards with your e-mail address. You'll see.
They already know me. Must be a different guy that cares about your tire pressure, than the guy that is relentless about extending my warranty. I swer that warranty guy could have found Bin Laden long before the Seals did.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Set your car in valet mode? Don't forget to turn it off. Took me entering the highway to realize I engaged valet mode since I drive like an old lady most of the time.

Remote start? Make sure your key fob has enough battery life to do it and look cool in front of your friends. Don't let them think your car is broken (or that you're lieing) when it doesn't start up like you said it would.

Oh, and DO NOT floor it on stock Pirelli's trying to prove something. You'll spin and look like a mustang.