Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Good grief...

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So normally by now I've done a fair bit of testing and have things lined out for the season. With the new setup I had to pretty much give up on the standard TNT days at Beech Bend, the track just isn't there and it's spin city and a waste of time. Waited for a drag tire only day, and we got one back in March. Ran decent but the car was hitting a limiter so it hurt my times by probably .2 easy. I "think" I got that sorted.

Next chance would be Saturday 5/13. They do this thing called "Hot Shot TNT" where it's drag tires only and like 50 cars. Prep is good and it's a great testing op. Well the price went from $75 to $250!! WTH! Gonna have to find somewhere else to go that will actually prep the track I guess.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Track prep seems to be pretty much nonexistent this year. Many events are looking like no prep anymore.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
So many complaints about not getting off the line and then there are all the track prep complaints.

I had a friend that was racing his Hellcat. It was after my 9.7 and he did take one of th 9.xx records for a little while. He use to spray some sticky stuff on his Drag radials. I don't know what it was called, but it might be worth a try.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Skinnies Sauce.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
So normally by now I've done a fair bit of testing and have things lined out for the season. With the new setup I had to pretty much give up on the standard TNT days at Beech Bend, the track just isn't there and it's spin city and a waste of time. Waited for a drag tire only day, and we got one back in March. Ran decent but the car was hitting a limiter so it hurt my times by probably .2 easy. I "think" I got that sorted.

Next chance would be Saturday 5/13. They do this thing called "Hot Shot TNT" where it's drag tires only and like 50 cars. Prep is good and it's a great testing op. Well the price went from $75 to $250!! WTH! Gonna have to find somewhere else to go that will actually prep the track I guess.
Our track raised to 350 this year. It is crazy. It used to be 250. Then went 300 end of last year now 350. That’s why @vortecd and I do the fast race. Perfect prep and 150 for 2 days

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
But this is why at your power level the 315 is needed. You can hook on the 305 but prep needs to be really good

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Good luck. Huntsville for years has been the only good prep track in our general area. It would appear that it may be gone for good at this point. Every other track I'm aware of within driving distance is mediocre most of the time.
Fwiw - if you find a hidden gem let me know. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
I had a good experience at Alabama Int'l Dragway in Steele a few years ago, but it's a haul to get there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@Speedy! I haven't been to track either. The 1st 7 tnt 5 were cancelled. The day it was open Temps were higher then what they should have been for April. Like jon said, this Friday and Saturday will be the fast race but Temps will be touching 80. So much for spring testing this year

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I had a good experience at Alabama Int'l Dragway in Steele a few years ago, but it's a haul to get there.
It's been a few years since I've been to Steele, it's been miss more than hit for me.

We'll be doing some Junior testing at Ethridge within the next few weeks. I'll probably be able to form some decent opinions about it while we're there.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't really feel like we got a spring here this year.
Our spring is continuing this. Weather has been phenomenal. But to you guys, it would be torture.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Our spring is continuing this. Weather has been phenomenal. But to you guys, it would be torture.
It’s been beautiful can’t believe it

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
My track closes for 2 months during the best DA of the year don’t get me started @Speedy! . And there is no prep. Speed world best prep I’ve experienced, heard Bradenton is always top notch. I think speed world was a fluke because it was leftover from sick week when they switched tracks

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Already considering doing a 15” conversion if I can sell my 17” 315 setup. Going with a 3.09 and 1st gears launching it. If I can 1st gear launch it with a 3.70 should hook with a first gear launch and a 3.09

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My track closes for 2 months during the best DA of the year don’t get me started @Speedy! . And there is no prep. Speed world best prep I’ve experienced, heard Bradenton is always top notch. I think speed world was a fluke because it was leftover from sick week when they switched tracks
OSW has gone to shit.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bradenton's just too far without a trailering

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Bradenton's just too far without a trailering
4.5 - 6 hours for me depending on traffic.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Interesting. Was the event new? If they cut the number of cars dramatically the track will have to up the price per vehicle. My big beef back in the day was I hated going and spending X number of hours for 4 or 6 runs or whatever. They didn't provide any explanation on the price increase?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ha UNHOLYness. I have bean two both. 1- 2 fight and 1 to watch drag mee to race down da street frum dee gun range. Neither to beez open mucho very longer. Buttster el jump ola tatster that much increaser Speedster is un herd of. Don't fall fer it,, trailer and travel. Sorry to hea dat dude and dudette. I am 1 hr 35 mynutes frum Bradenton and iffster Laurie gives ME MI GUNS BACK, willlber make it a double duty day.