Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Getting off the Line

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mono
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 SRT Hellcat & 2019 SRT Redeye
Looking for some assistance with the 2017 Manual Hellcat.
It has 775 whp with the following
G-Force Clutch
G-Force Aluminum Driveshaft
9"-Bears Diff-325 Gears
10" Hoosier slicks
2 step active

With numerous attempts, not getting the car to hook on launch?

Looking for Tech support ,or others that may have been through this?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Gentle progressive application of throttle, or get a clutch tamer and find the sweet spot for slip, and/or get a lower ratio trans so you don’t have to slip the clutch as long. Launching the M6 cat and getting low 60 ft times is no easy task especially with a stock ratio trans and rear. 3.25 rear ratio??

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mono
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 SRT Hellcat & 2019 SRT Redeye
Thread Starter #3
Would you NOT use the 2 step?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I just watch the tach and launch by ear as the trouble for me at least with launch control devices is knowing where the throttle is actually at for when the device releases back to throttle pedal input value, if it’s too deep you blow the tires off. I watch the tree and on the first yellow light I start bringing the R’s up and let the clutch go on the third light with a very shallow staging position, ie stop as soon as the second light lites.
Your rear ratio is 3.25:1?? With stock M6 Hellcat Trans ratio? How tall a tire you using?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
What PSI are you running in the Hoosiers, also do you read how the track is running prior to making a hit? Sometimes you have to go up/down in PSI depending on how the track is holding/prep. I would recommend launching it manually, every 2-Step application I have seen with our cars unless set to the lowest setting just always blows the tires off with manual or auto transmissions. Just come up enough to take the slack out of the drive train and then once you are on that third yellow (sportsman tree), give it the beans.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Looking for some assistance with the 2017 Manual Hellcat.
It has 775 whp with the following
G-Force Clutch
G-Force Aluminum Driveshaft
9"-Bears Diff-325 Gears
10" Hoosier slicks
2 step active

With numerous attempts, not getting the car to hook on launch?

Looking for Tech support ,or others that may have been through this?
Stock Hellcat uses 3.7 rear end ratio and first gear is TALL. Not sure why you put a 3.25 in it. I would put a 3.9 or 4.1 in there and then switch to an ET STREET R BIAS tire. Especially if the Hoosiers you have are Radials.

I am also not sure how that clutch works but it is locks up solid and is not designed to slip then you need the tires to slip some. And, manage the launch by using different RPM's and or throttle inputs.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
M6 cars, especially Hellcat with their odd trans gearing, are problematic to get off the line. The best I know at it is a guy that goes by Ivorycat - White M6. His name is Chad and a local buddy of mine that hits the track with us. He's run in the 9s and is local to me. He has a YT channel you may be able to reach him on for some advice.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chad+feyerabend

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I have been struggling with the launch on my M6, with a best of 11.70 at 123 mph this weekend. The Barton shifter helps, but now its on me to get a good launch.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I don't know if it's the same but I always got a good launch out of my Terminator in second gear. All my Cats have been A8 and it's all in the pivot of the foot.