Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Future of the 6.2 Hemi

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Curious what you all think? Seems like fleet MPG averages are climbing and more and more companies are diverting more resources towards EV. I know folks are disappointed by no N/A 426 (as am I). Maybe I am wrong, but I feel the mainstream base model V8s (trims) will be the ones that get axed first thus making companies like Dodge fall in line. Trims like the Hellcat might go on for a while as long as they keep MPG averages under control. Never believed Dodge this late in the MPG World would invest huge dollars in getting the 426...though hope I am wrong.

I might be overly dramatic here but i am curious if you see the writing on the wall in the same way? More important things in life to worry about, but curious what you all think.

Hope everyone is well this evening.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I hate to say it, but I think the V8's days are numbered - a lot of factors drive this; demographics, traffic issues, fuel costs, and changing paths of the car enthusiasts...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Allpar article I read today says the FCA twin turbo inline 6 “Tornado” will make more power than the 392. Sounds like they’re still invested in the ICE. Not sure about V8.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Allpar article I read today says the FCA twin turbo inline 6 “Tornado” will make more power than the 392. Sounds like they’re still invested in the ICE. Not sure about V8.
Good point.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
What bugs me is Canada and the U.S.have follow all these blasted rules for emissions and MPG Crap but there are a lot of large 3rd world countries that have zero laws and dump more stuff into that atmosphere in one day then what north America does in 5 years . I think some of these 3rd world countries still burn leaded gas!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Limited, a couple more years at best, phase out is already planned, IMO

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The "CAFE" standards are bullshit. Fix the supertankers first. Then come talk to me about the dirty ICEs on our roads.

Big V8s will always be around in trucks and fast toys for those who can afford them.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Would love to be able to get another Hellcat 6.2 before that day comes...Challenger. Curious what the next evolution will be for the Hellcat?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They are worried about that, but they have people shitting, pissing and vomiting directly on their streets and sidewalks? How much pollution do their fires contribute to our atmosphere? Those people need to set aside their blind politics and elect some people with just half a brain out there.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Some of the comments got me thinking about U.S. politics and the notion of tribalism. People follow (most times blindly) their political team and seemingly live in their own echo chamber of truth. In my business I talk to folks about my investment strategies and my economic outlooks, etc. You cannot believe how much regurgitated fear nonsense I hear...I can pretty much guess where they heard xyz. Having the courage and brain power to think differently along with logic is being labeled as racist or evil. Cannot wait until they change 2 + 2 = 4 because it offends someone or something. Very sad and dangerous where this all keeps heading IMHO.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think part of the bailout required investment into EV tech.
Then Obama upped requirements.
Day or reckoning has been set for awhile now.

Not going to lie, if they can do the I6 with a manual and no hybrid garbage (not holding my breath) i am interested. The potential to make 700-800hp out of that would be fairly easy.........IF they allow us the consumers to play with them.

This is where I can see a big money making opportunity for standalone systems that can run all the added features of a car but allow the user full control of the engine operation. That is going to be the future of hot rodding these cars.

As it stands the C8 is just the beginning. Locked down like Fort Knox from the factory.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
The UK seems to have always lead the way, the USA & Canada seems to follow suit with, on many issues such as immigration, socialized healthcare, free speech, gun ownership, political correctness, etc., etc.
(If you agree with those policies or not, is not the subject here)
What matters for this discussion is, the UK is a crystal clear peak under the curtain for what is ahead for us as well when it comes to ICE's.
They are well underway for UK wide implementation of fleet emission standards & percentages, euro 4, 5 emissions requirements, that end in almost absolute 0% emissions for all vehicles, even motorcycles (euro6D to be in force by 2020) This means the death of ICE's. Other countries outside of the UK are also adopting the euro standards.
One only has to look at this years London international auto show, the Paris autoshow, the Geneva autoshow, etc, where 3/4 or more, of all 2020 models on display, where EV or EV Hybrid, including many from the most famous names exotic, super & hyper cars. They are being forced to phase out all petrol powered / ICE - for everything from lawn mowers to semi tractor trailer trucks and manf's are realizing they cant stop it and must design platforms to meet the increasing requirements.

Watch the UK and you'll clearly see whats coming our way. I say within 10yrs. What all this means for good old Saudi oil reliance, I cant figure.
They will start by over taxing/penalizing manf's & the owners financially to produce & own them, then at some point, they will simply ban them outright.
I think Dodge and other manfs well know all this and are trying to grab all they can in a market whose days are regrettably very numbered. :(

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Some of the comments got me thinking about U.S. politics and the notion of tribalism. People follow (most times blindly) their political team and seemingly live in their own echo chamber of truth. In my business I talk to folks about my investment strategies and my economic outlooks, etc. You cannot believe how much regurgitated fear nonsense I hear...I can pretty much guess where they heard xyz. Having the courage and brain power to think differently along with logic is being labeled as racist or evil. Cannot wait until they change 2 + 2 = 4 because it offends someone or something. Very sad and dangerous where this all keeps heading IMHO.
It requires people to use their grey matter and think a problem thru from what creates the problem thru to logical outcomes from possible solutions. If they do that and the solution is more government, taxes, and control of our lives - then so be it, but very few in the general public do that (which is why we are were we are... IMHO)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
As it stands the C8 is just the beginning. Locked down like Fort Knox from the factory.
The right to fix, does not include the right to tamper. The reality is that most "tuning" undermines the emissions policies set in place and public safety. So, as much as I love "tuning" a car - you best invest in a carburetor and a manual transmission if you want to be in charge.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
ICE is not going anywhere. The big lie of electric cars nobody is telling you is if we were to replace all the cars today with electric cars there would not be enough resources to produce them all. Number two the grid cannot support every car being charged. Also where does all this extra charging power come from?

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
ICE is not going anywhere. The big lie of electric cars is if we were to replace all the cars today with electric cars there would not be enough resources to produce them all. Number two the grid cannot support every car being charged. Also where does all this extra charging power come from?
Coal fired generators and nuclear plants which produce radioactive waste .

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Coal fired generators and nuclear plants which produce radioactive waste .

Yup places like California barely have the power to keep all the lights on. Imagine every person there buys a electric car? Does this really save the environment?

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yup places like California barley have the power to keep all the lights on. Imagine every person there buys a electric car? Does this really save the environment?
Plus a lot of the components in electric vehicles are extremely toxic ( batteries, etc) . Plus we now we have Chernobyl and Fukushima who is next?