Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Friday drive...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Had one of my sons go with me yesterday to run some errands in the Charger. Car is still all the fun it has always been. There's a place here where you take a right onto a 5 lane undivided highway in front of the VA Hospital and there's a slight rise about an 8th of a mile long there. There's a right turn curved lane with an island but the traffic is so heavy on the 5 lane that you usually have to stop and look over your shoulder for a clear spot. They've just repaved here and did not use the standard high-temp west texas asphalt mix, but a much more sticky concoction. I can launch / hook here (even with the old standard mix) better than almost anywhere else. And he and I did (again). Only zero to about 45-50, but the G is pretty high. I chuckled as I let off and from his car seat in the back he laughed and said it gives him a tickling sensation in his stomach. Such moments are a great pleasure to me. Hope your ride, and other things in your life, give you those small feelings of happiness and satisfaction too.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Had one of my sons go with me yesterday to run some errands in the Charger. Car is still all the fun it has always been. There's a place here where you take a right onto a 5 lane undivided highway in front of the VA Hospital and there's a slight rise about an 8th of a mile long there. There's a right turn curved lane with an island but the traffic is so heavy on the 5 lane that you usually have to stop and look over your shoulder for a clear spot. They've just repaved here and did not use the standard high-temp west texas asphalt mix, but a much more sticky concoction. I can launch / hook here (even with the old standard mix) better than almost anywhere else. And he and I did (again). Only zero to about 45-50, but the G is pretty high. I chuckled as I let off and from his car seat in the back he laughed and said it gives him a tickling sensation in his stomach. Such moments are a great pleasure to me. Hope your ride, and other things in your life, give you those small feelings of happiness and satisfaction too.
Great story...sharing the same with my kids..."punch it" as he says. Good times and great memories...I know my kids will always remember the Hellcat.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You realize...your sons gonna remember those jaunts...for a long..long tine...(y)(y)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #4
The other one started crying (which blew me away) when I talked wtih them about us possibly needing to get rid of it.

Bonded with my dad over cars too.

12224578_841528372634286_1569244196_n.jpg

Go Goody

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
But my kids like smokey burnouts and 0-60 in 3.6 seconds! kid lives.jpg kid lives.jpg