Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

For 60K what’s your 3rd Car?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Already have them (both)....

Atom and C7 Vette...

Actually the C7 counts as this purchase scenario as described in this thread (mostly)..... The Atom doesn't actually "count" in how this scenario is described as I sold the Hellcat to fund the Atom.. ZERO regrets.
c7 z06 is a monster, it's a shame early models were plagued with heatsoak but once fixed it was an awesome car, can't wait to see what the c8 z06 brings, shifting weight distribution and more power will be insane.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I'd go for a daily comfortable reliable commuter sedan. Must have decent power, lots of luxury and be rear wheel drive. Not be huge. Not be too valuable/nice to worry about getting beat up a bit with the daily grind. Stealthy, not a major head turner but nice looking. Answer, Genesis G70 all wheel drive 365HP twin turbo. Its about $10k short of your $60k must spend though.
There's a simple way around the $ quota. Buy a car cover and a gas card for the difference. :)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I already did it. I have two Hellcats and I bought a 2019 Shelby GT350. Paid 55900 OTD fully loaded. I've never been a Ford guy or a mustang guy but I have always loved Shelby. The how it happened is a lil interesting. I was at a Chevy dealer literally trying to make a deal on a ZL1 1LE when my buddy called and said he just bought a GT350. I told him where I was and he stopped by. I saw it, heard it and sat in it. I knew I was in trouble. Then I drove it......holy hell. That car feels incredible and it feels very special. I was always afraid coming from a Hellcat it would feel slow. It absolutely does not. It lacks the low end torque but my Gawd does it make up for it. That flat plane crank V8 sounds like nothing else on earth and the gears are so long reving past 8k RPM. The grip is other worldly. I went home did some research, realized I'd had blinders on and started my search.

Found a 2019, Ford Performance Blue with white stripes 3 months old with 1600 miles on it. Bought it the next day. This tastes bad coming out of my Mopar mouth......but I'll say it here...it's my favorite car to drive. It so engaging with that manual and if feels just incredibly special. The motor is hand built by one person and it's on of the few if not the only 500+hp naturally aspirated motors left in existence. The more I learned about the car and it's development the more I fell in love. I would recommend a 2019 for the upgrades that I won't belabor here but very much worth it. Ford Performance made a huge fan out of me pretty quick and I don't give a damn what anybody says.

Hellcat faster in a straight line? Absolutely. It's not even close. The Hellcats have so much torque and ungodly power. I LOVE both of mine. Charge Hellcat I maintain is the best daily and sedan on the planet. Challenger is the best muscle car on the planet but my recommendation is quite enthusiastically for a 2019 GT350. No need for the R in my opinion. The updates for 2019 narrowed the gap so much it's not worth it.

My other votes for the record would be a ZL1 1LE. There are several new 2019s in the very low 60s with lightly used in the high 50s or a Backdraft Racing 427 Cobra. ZL1 is a monster with incredible straight line and track performance. Driven it....love it...still want one. Shelby just had something it didn't. Cobra is a classic, open air, crazy power sound and grip. Amazing to drive and a very unique experience. It is obviously a sunny day only car though and lacks any kind of modern safety features...if you care. My wife does but I'm working on her.
Imagine a Challenger Hellcat with a manual transmission - how crazy would that be?!

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
There's a 2006 Pontiac GTO with 1,500 miles for sale for $45k in my hometown. Manual transmission of course. I would scoop that up.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Okay guys.. a little off topic discussion about general automotive.. so if you were given a 60K max Budget and you had to choose a modern car.. let’s say post 1990.. and you already have your Hellcat or Demon/ SRT in your stable and your Truck. So you can buy new or used with that amount of $ but you have to spend it all. You can’t keep any! Haha.. and it has to be A Car. Most likely a car you Drive for fun on the street. So it has some relatively compliant suspension. We can include the C8 vette. Anyways let’s hear your ideas! You can spend any extra $ on lesser costing vehicles to explain how’d you modify the vehicle instead of per say buying Brand New.
Well - I have always been a Viper fan - my preference would be a 1996 Viper GTS (Blue w/ white racing stripes), but if I had to spend the 60k, I could settle for something like this (lol);

https://www.auto.com/cars/dodge-viper-srt_10-2008-1b3jz69z18v200254

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Imagine a Challenger Hellcat with a manual transmission - how crazy would that be?!

Meh.....I think the HC is much better suited to the 8spd Auto. So much torque and power and faster in every respect for what that car is designed to do. I'm sure it's a lot of fun but for me the HC pulls a lot of straight line duty. I road course em to but for me the manual gives up to much of the cars capability. The GT350 is no drag racer and the trans is appropriate for it's intended purpose. Very long gears with tons of revs and first gear is still useable with it's power level and tire combo. I like down shifting, rev matching, heel toeing kinda stuff. I like the trans to match to car and it's purpose. The ZL1 1LE is a tough one. I've driven the manual and it's great and that car is a track weapon but it also has a ton of torque and power. It's easy to bogg it hard in first gear trying to launch it. A10 in that car would probably be my choice as well. I'm not a manual purist like some but I do enjoy it in the right car and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Probably a SRT Durango. Fast and fun (practical) SUV.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Probably a SRT Durango. Fast and fun (practical) SUV.
A hellcat without a manual...is like sex with a condom...there both fun...but ...well you get it

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
There's a 2006 Pontiac GTO with 1,500 miles for sale for $45k in my hometown. Manual transmission of course. I would scoop that up.
2006 super charged (MP112, the 122 was not yet offered) GTO for sale (by me), one owner, black on black, 54000 miles, auto, aftermarket staggered wheels, drag bags, dash pod multi-guages, hard wired injectors (not plug and play), subframes / jacking rails, custom exhaust, 450/450 at the wheels on conservative tune and ~ 4 pounds boost (hahahaha, compared to the HC Charger). $17000 with the nicks and minor imperfections. Throwing in G-meter and radar detector free.

Back in the day, this car was no slouch (call it F-86 looking for Mig-17s) and I swore I'd never sell. Now, kids, businesses, real estate, the fact that it doesn't get out much, all have made me re-evaluate my statement.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I think I would also go with the 392 durango

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
A hellcat without a manual...is like sex with a condom...there both fun...but ...well you get it
You can't get women pregnant and lower you chance of an STD?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You can't get women pregnant and lower you chance of an STD?
Its all risk management...Ive been havin sex long before I started driving...only one got by the goalie...(my son)..never had an STD....but have had a ton of fun rowin gears...BTW...your feet will never get clean...if you shower with your socks on

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've been lusting for a beater Rolls, or better yet a Bentley, for a long time. The ones I like ('70s) don't cost much, but since they have TH 400 trannys I could blow the balance on a very healthy GM V8. With a blower, of course.

Either that, or a regular cab Ram 4500 cab and chassis with the longest wheelbase (207" I think). But it'd have to be fairly well decked out to reach 60K out the door, and that I would not like.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There's a cheap Bentley (not a 70s, think early 2000s) I've seen around here. If you like I can point you to it.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thanks, Magnified, but I really like the earlier versions with the dual headlights. And some that are older yet.

Either way, I need another car like I need another hole in the head. I just hauled two to CA to get sold there, and that was on the heals of a Jeep Commando chassis and two other sports cars. And the trailer they left on.

Of course, my girlfriend showed me photos of the new Aston Martin DBX, which I kinda like (except for the taillights). Thankfully it's well over 60K, and I wouldn't know what to do with one.

It's probably best that I sell another six or so vehicles, and maybe four trailers, instead.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, roger that. There's also a beat up rolls from the 60s rusting away at the side of the road here. Amazing.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Are you trying to make me take a trip to West Texas? I just finished putting all the tie down straps and stuff away 20 minutes ago, dang it.

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat