Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Flying Car Certified to Fly, Paving Way for Mass Production of ‘Very Efficient Flying Cars’

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Didn't he bring us the Yugoo_Oo_O
The yugo... now that was the absolute bare minimum for a "transport vehicle" jesus they were bad. I wouldn't ride in one even under the piss poor safety regs available in the 80s.

pick up rage.gif

KANNINA 2.0

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Durango SRT
Those wings do look a bit stubby for that body mass and power delivery
I have no doubt the vehicle would fly just fine.

I'm talking about the legions of idiots trying to fly them. It would be a bloodbath, and they'd likely kill so many more than just themselves...

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I have no doubt the vehicle would fly just fine.

I'm talking about the legions of idiots trying to fly them. It would be a bloodbath, and they'd likely kill so many more than just themselves...
Just wondering what the stall speed is on that one :unsure:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Just can’t see this. I realize they say you would have to have a pilot’s license but there seems to be a lot of potential for serious consequences when an accident happens.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What I see is a plane with a wing that will not allow slow flight or short takeoff/landings. That means it is a airport runway only aircraft. While it may go from point A to B airports, what is the point? With the wings folded, where are you going to park it when you get where you’re going? What you have is a vehicle that is so compromised to allow for both modes, it will be lousy at both. A lot of personal aircraft pilots fly when it makes sense and there’s this thing called rental cars at the airport.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Most airports that I fly into will hand you the keys to a courtesy car for free, as long as you buy a few gallons of fuel for the plane. No need to drive the plane into town for a burger. I have been given the keys to everything from the mechanics old F-150, to a fairly new BMW. I would rather have a sexy airplane and borrow a junk car when I get there. Solid pass on the lousy combo car plane thingy.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
No. Actually it is a trick image - that's Onyks, a supersonic sea skimming anti-ship missile. Nice image, same launch dynamics (for the most part) so I used it. 300, 400, or 500 (or TOR) would have been just as good.