Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Flexing

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I share a lot of what I'm doing way early over here on the forum with you guys, but here's the latest on the flex stuff as I was working through it. Just for you @AlleyCat another lame ass video :eek: You guys know I did eventually upgrade to ID1300x injectors, but only when I came across a set used for a really good price.

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
"shop is a mess"? I wish mine all cleaned up looked like your messy one. Great intel as usual.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #3
Haha, OCD is a blessing and a curse. I did get the little fridge working again though, just needed a little $10 fan for the heat exchanger dealio.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Lol, most people could Live in Speedys garage and it would be an improvement over where they live now 😆😆

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Loving the content. How many revisions did it take to get where you are at now? OST has been awesome to work with on my build.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #6
Loving the content. How many revisions did it take to get where you are at now? OST has been awesome to work with on my build.
Mike and I have gotten to be pretty good friends over the years and they're good folks. I think it took about 3 revisions on the 93 tune to get the injector data where it needed to be to start on the flex side of things. Injector data has to be dialed in really tight for flex fuel to work proper. From there we experimented A LOT with various things to make the car act the way I wanted it to, so I don't know that my revision history would be a typical for someone just wanting a standard FF tune. I wanna say about 6 revisions but then I kinda took what he showed me and started fine tuning things myself, played with various things to see what they did etc so that I had a really good understanding of how it all worked and I lost count at that point.

Then I swapped injectors and basically started all over again LMAO but other than asking a couple questions here or there I was able to leave Mike a lone for that.

Once a tuner has a base file for a particular setup, I suspect they use that for future customers and then fine tune from there as needed to make the revision process a lot faster.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Have fun with the added street power!
I’d be curious how the car runs at the track on pump e85 using your flex fuel tune compared to your race fuel tune. I know the race fuel would be faster but would be a fun comparison.
Only adding 5 degrees will keep that thing running healthy for a long time 😜

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
I've got some tests in mind at Challengerfest.

I actually took the tune up to +9 deg but didn't see the point on the street. Just more stress on the motor for no reason so I'll save that for the track.

The part throttle response is a lot better on e85. I cheated and used the Demon HO cal as a guide on that and tweaked it a bit till it felt just right.

In the end my FF tune on full E85 matches my race gasoline tune for the most part.

Member ID
Reactions
City
webster
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 challenger hellcat
I've got some tests in mind at Challengerfest.

I actually took the tune up to +9 deg but didn't see the point on the street. Just more stress on the motor for no reason so I'll save that for the track.

The part throttle response is a lot better on e85. I cheated and used the Demon HO cal as a guide on that and tweaked it a bit till it felt just right.

In the end my FF tune on full E85 matches my race gasoline tune for the most part.
Speedy, couldn't agree more that E85 makes the car "crisper" in part throttle. I have always found cars to feel better on less timing part throttle on E85, have you played with less and more timing than pump gas in your part throttle timing?

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #10
I've played with so much I can't remember everything I tried to be honest. At first I left the part throttle at stock setting and then tried the Demon HO part throttle spark table, then tweaked that a bit and it feels pretty good now. Very crisp and torquey at part throttle.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
(n)(n)

2 thumbs down for the misleading title, expected this to be pics/video of your lovely wife @ some competition :whistle: