Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Flex fuel build 93 & E85

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 dodge hellcat challenger
Hello everyone I am on the fence about what I should get to build for flex fuel. I have a 2016 challenger hellcat A8 I have already did a Bwoody race version heat exchanger
Jlt intake
Driveshaft brace
Dual oil catch can
Hhp 180 t stat

the reason I want flex fuel is a drive the car a lot in and out of town. I don’t want to worry about the fuel after it gets dialed in. I have not been to the track yet but is something I will evenly do as me and the cat gets better. How ever I do go to Mexico with friends more often than none. I do a lot of spirited driving if you my drift so I want something that can take a beating and keep going. I have been looking at the 2.72 griptec and the 10% lower and fic 1200 anything outside of that I’m open to

Attachments

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I would not do a 2.7x anything with a 10% lower if I spent the majority of my time on pump 93 octane.

You will want to pin the crank either way. Lower pulley or not.

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
What are your HP goals?

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I would say 700-750 rwhp is my goal

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I would not do a 2.7x anything with a 10% lower if I spent the majority of my time on pump 93 octane.

You will want to pin the crank either way. Lower pulley or not.
I would run E85 but want the Convenience of being able to put 93 also

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2.85 upper pulley w/ Demon Injectors on pump gas will easily get you there. No need for corn. I would recommend pinning the crank for insurance. T-Stat would be good too.

Last edited:

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
2.85 upper pulley w/ Demon Injectors on pump gas will easily get you there. No need for corn. I would recommend pinning the crank for insurance.
This.

If you insist on corn...you can get away with 1050x injectors and probably a BAP at that level but drop-ins aren't a big deal. The Rick Tapp Kit is real slick. 100% plug & play.

Corn on a 2.85 only should be 800whp.

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
This.

If you insist on corn...you can get away with 1050x injectors and probably a BAP at that level but drop-ins aren't a big deal. The Rick Tapp Kit is real slick. 100% plug & play.

Corn on a 2.85 only should be 800whp.
I want to build for corn but run a flex tune

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
I don’t want a bap I would rather do it right the first time with fuel pumps

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I don’t want a bap I would rather do it right the first time with fuel pumps
I am curious why you are so dead set on running corn?

What you are wanting to do is going to be overkill for the power levels you seek, not to mention you are going to spend more money than necessary to hit the 750 whp mark. A dual pump setup will cost you like $1,350, the injectors needed to run corn will be at least double in price, the flex tune will be more expensive than a standard pump fuel tune.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If all you want is 750hp all of the corn talk is unnecessary. Pump 93 and a 2.85 should get you there...saving you literal thousands over what you plan to do.

If you want to run a flex tune you will likely be at or just north of 800hp. Is this what you really want to do? A BAP at that level would be fine. That is all Barth uses on his similar powered packages. If you want the drop-in pumps you'll have enough E85 flow for well into the 900hp range. I run FIC1200's and if you don't at all plan to exceed 800hp you don't need the big injectors...1050 class injectors would be fine. Speedy has gone that route with much success but he is tapped out in colder (actually truly cold) air.

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
I am curious why you are so dead set on running corn?

What you are wanting to do is going to be overkill for the power levels you seek, not to mention you are going to spend more money than necessary to hit the 750 whp mark. A dual pump setup will cost you like $1,350, the injectors needed to run corn will be at least double in price, the flex tune will be more expensive than a standard pump fuel tune.
I know eventually I will go further than just 750 whp why not build for it now I would rather do it. Right the first time and get parts that are good for both

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
If all you want is 750hp all of the corn talk is unnecessary. Pump 93 and a 2.85 should get you there...saving you literal thousands over what you plan to do.

If you want to run a flex tune you will likely be at or just north of 800hp. Is this what you really want to do? A BAP at that level would be fine. That is all Barth uses on his similar powered packages. If you want the drop-in pumps you'll have enough E85 flow for well into the 900hp range. I run FIC1200's and if you don't at all plan to exceed 800hp you don't need the big injectors...1050 class injectors would be fine. Speedy has gone that route with much success but he is tapped out in colder (actually truly cold) air.
I do plan to go further down the road just not at the moment. I want to see how the car does at 750whp range learn the car. We always want more hp eventually I’m just trying to take it a step at a time

greasy

Member ID
Reactions
City
HOFFMAN ESTATES
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I know eventually I will go further than just 750 whp why not build for it now I would rather do it. Right the first time and get parts that are good for both
If that is the case then just go directly there because you will spend the same amount of money. You'll make over 800 on this setup. Here is what you need:

2.85 Pulley
FIC 1000's or ID 1050's Injectors - Whatever your tuner prefers
Dual Pump Kit Complete
Crank Pinning Kit
Tuning Interface Diablo or HPT - Determined by tuner
Blower Spacers/Blanket

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Here's my advice, pick the tuner you plan to work with and buy the package they recommend. You'll be miles ahead and will avoid buying parts you don't need, or the wrong ones and end up having to sell them on the forum for half what you paid for them. I'm a fan of Mike from OSTDyno.com and Curt from Dusterhoff tuning personally. Both are on the forum from time to time as well to answer questions.

You'll need to decide what pulley type you want to run, either a fixed pulley like Metco or a decoupling pulley like the Hellraiser which is setup the exact same as the stock pulley (same company makes them). Fixed are easier to change around for different power levels, but decoupler is supposed to be easier on the supercharger. Decoupler can't really be swapped around, at least not easily.

I can't tell from the pictures what rear tire you're running, but better add a set of Nitto 555R G2 to the shopping list or the car won't be drivable at anything more than 30% throttle.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Then you really should sit down and have a good hard think about what exactly you are aiming to do here power-wise.

The path changes substantially once you Crest that 850ish mark.

Ask me how I know.

GearHead is in florida. Jensen Beach I believe. Call them up and see what they recommend.

Otherwise Dusterhoff is in Georgia and works a good bit with Allpar Garage. Another good option depending on which end of florida.

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
If that is the case then just go directly there because you will spend the same amount of money. You'll make over 800 on this setup. Here is what you need:

2.85 Pulley
FIC 1000's or ID 1050's Injectors - Whatever your tuner prefers
Dual Pump Kit Complete
Crank Pinning Kit
Tuning Interface Diablo or HPT - Determined by tuner
Blower Spacers/Blanket
Thanks for the info I didn’t even think about blower spacers

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
Then you really should sit down and have a good hard think about what exactly you are aiming to do here power-wise.

The path changes substantially once you Crest that 850ish mark.

Ask me how I know.

GearHead is in florida. Jensen Beach I believe. Call them up and see what they recommend.

Otherwise Dusterhoff is in Georgia and works a good bit with Allpar Garage. Another good option depending on which end of florida.
How do you know ?? Lol I have time

OP
Hellcat Dre

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Here's my advice, pick the tuner you plan to work with and buy the package they recommend. You'll be miles ahead and will avoid buying parts you don't need, or the wrong ones and end up having to sell them on the forum for half what you paid for them. I'm a fan of Mike from OSTDyno.com and Curt from Dusterhoff tuning personally. Both are on the forum from time to time as well to answer questions.

You'll need to decide what pulley type you want to run, either a fixed pulley like Metco or a decoupling pulley like the Hellraiser which is setup the exact same as the stock pulley (same company makes them). Fixed are easier to change around for different power levels, but decoupler is supposed to be easier on the supercharger. Decoupler can't really be swapped around, at least not easily.

I can't tell from the pictures what rear tire you're running, but better add a set of Nitto 555R G2 to the shopping list or the car won't be drivable at anything more than 30% throttle.
Yea I think I will hit up curt he has tuned two of my friends hellcat that are both over 900+ to the wheels

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yea I think I will hit up curt he has tuned two of my friends hellcat that are both over 900+ to the wheels
That's a great choice.