Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Finishing up the fuel system in Go Man Go

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #21
FYI for those that install this DIY (see what I did there :) )

My gas gauge started acting funny. It'd kinda hang out around 1/4 tank and then suddenly drop to E. I check with @Hpindy and @hellno and they said there's weren't doing this and were quite accurate. I pulled the hat this afternoon and dang if two of the pump power wires hadn't some how moved around and were interfering with the float arm. I relocated those wires around the back of the pump and all's good now.

Just something to be aware of. I must have caught them on the tank opening when putting the pumps in and when I put that second tank of fuel in it was just enough to push them over to make contact with the float. Bottom line make sure the pump wires are WAY out of the way.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Mine did the same when I installed, went overkill on zip tying all those away from the front, you don't see what they do when you push the hat down until it's too late.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
FYI for those that install this DIY (see what I did there :) )

My gas gauge started acting funny. It'd kinda hang out around 1/4 tank and then suddenly drop to E. I check with @Hpindy and @hellno and they said there's weren't doing this and were quite accurate. I pulled the hat this afternoon and dang if two of the pump power wires hadn't some how moved around and were interfering with the float arm. I relocated those wires around the back of the pump and all's good now.

Just something to be aware of. I must have caught them on the tank opening when putting the pumps in and when I put that second tank of fuel in it was just enough to push them over to make contact with the float. Bottom line make sure the pump wires are WAY out of the way.
What kind of fuel pressure are you running at your max? Before and after?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I zip tied mine pretty good before I installed mine . I was worried about something like this happening . The float arm Is pretty flimsy so I figure keep anything out of the way that could interfere with it .
Good call on the double checking it Speedy.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #25
What kind of fuel pressure are you running at your max? Before and after?
I think I showed the logs in the video?

I was afraid to use zip ties as I thought the fuel might desolve them over time.