Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FCA having hell of a time meeting demand for Hellcats

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
http://michiganradio.org/post/fca-having-hell-time-meeting-demand-hellcats

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is dealing with higher than expected demand for its Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Dodge Charger Hellcat.

The company complains that some of its dealers are setting customers up for disappointment, by taking too many orders.

Many dealers will get only one Hellcat delivered a month, which could leave customers waiting months for their Hellcat.

Gary Drigo was one of the lucky ones. The Florida-based small business owner bought his practically right off the semi-trailer truck, just as it hit the dealer lot. He says the car's 707 horsepower takes some getting used to.

"The car is almost a little scary fast," he says. "But to me it's just got that old-school look with all the new technology of where we are now. It's just very appealing."

Drigo paid $8,000 above the manufacturer's recommended sticker price.

Some dealers are selling Hellcats on eBay for $20,000 above MRSP.

Member ID
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger
It's shocking to see these kinds of markups, the best we can do is don't give these dealers and business.

busabob

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
If you gotta be first to have it........ I've never played that game but as long as some people do the dealers will get what they can. I don't blame them at all. If you could sell your car for $20k more than you bought it for would you?? I would.