Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

EV Sales Are Just Getting Started?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
And Chevy also dropped a teaser for its 800+ hp ZR1 Corvette to be revealed later this year.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #383
Tax dollars are funding this movement. They have been taking the $$$ not caring if it's going to work or not.

GM just reported record setting profits. Hmmmmmm....
Anytime programs are run like this, the politicians get a kickback. More $$$ laundering.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #384

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
He and our governor should get married.

They're about equally delusional.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I want a flex fuel hellcat dang it!!!!!!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Speaking of, I want a '25 Hellcat.

More or less identical to my '18, but with less tech and nannies.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Best response to “eeewww, EVs are faster” bullshit!
IMG_5615.png

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Just not true, I have 2 Ev's and as I have said before the decrease in range is between 20 and 25% in cold weather (below freezing). Even with the reduced range, it costs me less than $ 3.50 in electricity (35 KW) to drive 100 miles. Lets keep it real
I think your calculations are just a little off Cole. The average electricity price in New Jersey is 17.27¢ per kWh which ranks 12th highest in the United States. They rank in the bottom half of the country. Even though your car says it only used 35kw to drive 100 miles, to recharge the batteries with that 35KW isn't on a 1:1 ratio and it actually use up to 20% more power to recharge that same 35KW. Unless, you have a totalizing wattmeter on your charger at home you'll really never know what the actual cost to recharge those batteries are.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I think your calculations are just a little off Cole. The average electricity price in New Jersey is 17.27¢ per kWh which ranks 12th highest in the United States. They rank in the bottom half of the country. Even though your car says it only used 35kw to drive 100 miles, to recharge the batteries with that 35KW isn't on a 1:1 ratio and it actually use up to 20% more power to recharge that same 35KW. Unless, you have a totalizing wattmeter on your charger at home you'll really never know what the actual cost to recharge those batteries are.
The main utility company in NJ is PSE&G and there is a 10.5 cent credit for home charging if you have signed up with the program. My standard KW rate is slightly less than 19 cents/KW, therefore, with the credit it is less than 9 cents per KW.

My home charger is energy star rated and the loss thru the charger is less than 2% (the efficiency is stated in the manufacturers website) and has to be 3rd party verified to achieve the energy star rating. The loss thru the charger is not weather dependent. The efficiency decrease in the winter is displayed in the KW/mile meter. It is very straightforward to quantify this.

Right now I am averaging well over 4 miles per KW since the temperature is in the 50's/low 60s and still charging for free thru electriy america (EA). So far, over 63,000 miles have been driven for "free" and we only charge at home when the EA charging station is screwed up. This will change in June when the unlimited free charging runs out and EA currently charges 58 cents per KW. In summation, its a crack head good deal to use the EVs for running around.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I hope you realize you are conversing with Jim Jones. Coal even insists that, and this is a paraphrase, he is not getting any subsidies (i.e. our tax dollars, power company incentives paid by other customers, etc.) to help him pay for his car and electricity. You might have better luck convincing allah to get baptized.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
LOL, I didn't drink the cool aide, just saving few dollars where I can. The subsidy issue has already been beaten to death.

FYI- the Ioniq5 Limited has almost 34,000 miles, tires are good for at least another 10K so I am not eating thru tires (the limited weighs approx. 4,500 pounds or the same weight as a hellcat).

Going to make it a hybrid, installing this in the rear ATT00001.jpg