Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #281
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
For reference as someone who also notices this hiccup, the best pump gas I can get is Shell or Chevron 91.

Maybe time to start investing in some of that booster juice...

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
My best time in my 100% stock power Redeye (just rear MT ET Rs) is with a 1.47 60ft, 6.68 1/8th, 10.46@130.58 (1900 DA, high 40s, with a track at 2350ft). I haven't noticed a hiccup and I've been running 92 octane, which is mostly what we have. Just found a Chevron 5 miles away that says it's 93 pump, and another one 25 miles away. I have never logged any of my runs. Didn't know you could do that on a stock car. I'll have to look into getting a MPVI2 and cable, does Diablo have anything they data log with, or is the HP tuners way cheaper? I've never logged before, but I can't imagine it's all that difficult. I'm curious to see what my car will show on 93 and if an octane booster might be helpful.

Good luck Ron, I hope the octane turns out to be an easy quick fix for your hiccup.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #284
X

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I will try switching brands of fuel, also try keeping a splash of racing fuel in tank constantly. Will also look at STKR before and after octane bump. Still wonder why it’s pulling timing out suddenly, then putting it back in after shift to 3rd, then why only on that gear shift and not others thoughts on this @Speedy. It would be nice if it was just fuel quality. Might explain why some are experiencing this and others not. I will say I don’t always have this problem, never been able to connect the dots as to why. I alway use the big brand name pump gas of 92, or 93 octane as it is readily available in my area. If it is fuel quality I would be man enough to say I was wrong about dodge coming up w/ reflash solution from previous post, Wouldn‘t it be great if we had support chiming in from FCA, even if it was a private poster not flying under the FCA name or directly implicating them, from a liability stand point, they must be biting their tongue watching these posts evolve and knowing the fix. Throw us a covert bone once in a while ay! Remember on the other site RS would throw us a bone or two without giving the house away by dropping a small Hansel and Gretel trail down for us blood hounds to sniff out and decode. Ah yes dem were the days, can’t even hear crickets at Auburn hills lately. Although I do believe it’s a matter of time before that changes.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Remember @Speedy saying though that light KR is almost impossible to feel, so it could be happening on other shifts, just not nearly as pronounced.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yes I remember, but trying to figure why so pronounced On 2-3 shift and not all the time. Best answer I think is for a car to be data logging when it happens, ‘“catching it red handed pun intended“ then that logged data can be analyzed and deciphered amongst us for solving the mystery. I think that is the best bottom line proof and answer in one.

I haven’t noticed it lately. But also with warming seasonal temps I add boost just to know I am not loosing any timing take backs from knock retard. Maybe I am answering my/our question, but still won’t know for sure till that proof data captures it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Maybe because we blow through the 1-2 shift quickly and with partial throttle minimizing the wheel spin, then we are dead into WOT in second, and the 2-3 becomes so violent because it is max'ing that torque, the RPMs are really moving faster than the subsequent gear changes, the computer has a fit!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
There's lots going on with the electronics in these cars. If someone can get me a data log with the proper PIDs captured I can probably tell you exactly what it is. We need to log STKR, and a bunch of other stuff as well like torque demand, etc.

Yes you can log a locked PCM with both HPT and Diablo as far as I know. I used both when my car was bone stock so unless something changed after 2016 I'm not aware of it'll work.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
There's lots going on with the electronics in these cars. If someone can get me a data log with the proper PIDs captured I can probably tell you exactly what it is. We need to log STKR, and a bunch of other stuff as well like torque demand, etc.

Yes you can log a locked PCM with both HPT and Diablo as far as I know. I used both when my car was bone stock so unless something changed after 2016 I'm not aware of it'll work.
Have you made a youtube yet of data logging for dummies? I might need that.......:ROFLMAO:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Lol I do have a full play list just for data logging and tuning.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Lol I do have a full play list just for data logging and tuning.
Link or? About to pull the trigger in a bit on a MPVI2 and cable. Just emailed Curt. All this data logging has me curious on my own car. Plus my local tracks are finally going to be opening!

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I had the 2-3 "bog" the first two times I launched my 3.09 Redeye and that was it. Completely gone after that.
I lied.....it came back today. Back 2 back.

You fookers jinxed me lol

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #294
X

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Goodyear
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
HellCat Challenger
Woooo! I got 10-pages behind! Car looks great, Ron!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #296
X

Last edited:

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
The one two shift sounds like a manual

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Do you know what your car weighs sitting on the starting line Ron? I could see the rev limiter running over the shift point if the car was light enough to accelerate quicker than the system can think.

Also, when I'm in drive around trim w the Nittos on my car does what you're describing every time I get really heavy footed w it. It spins, runs the motor up too quickly, bangs the rev limiter, shuts everything off while it's shifting to 2nd and when it comes alive again it's in 2nd and stuck to the ground. After seeing your video I'm pretty sure you have the same 'issue' but without the tire spin.

Btw, nice 60'. (y)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I hope we all get to the bottom of this. Real downer for those Wishing to keep stock tune, and playing by the rules Dodge set advertising SRT racing. I hope their Dyno labs with the software engineers are on this one. We know the answer to the problem while getting substantial more power and et’s but Ron, myself and others right now are not interested in picking up the phone at this point to the half dozen or so top tuners that could solve it while damn near making it fly. If suggesting box is open I would think when car goes back for evaluation and to check his options, a flash download file on his test mule would be great, he has substantial experience racing this platform probably only second to FCA. Could be a great opportunity to work with customers. I think of this as a olive branch, not a disgruntled small group of SRT malcontents. Thank you for delivering a way cool car. I can only imagine the raw amount of time money and determination it took to make 4,500 lbs do what it does. I know this perceived small hiccup yet VERY important to us can be solved and make a lot of smiles. Thank you FCA.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ron that sure looks like rev limiter. Get someone to get a data log bud, better yet get a MPVI2. I can help show you how to use it. Way easier than you probably think. I'm jealous of that 1.40 60`. I'll show young to datalog and younshoe me how to do that lol.

Here's my tuning play list

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWeMviIDMPN2xNgAbamMuNjlydIhwkv94

Status
Not open for further replies.