Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
OK, I have decided to go with HP Tuners to help me Data Log using the MPVI2 tool along with the VCM Scanner software and possibly make changes to the car with the MPVI2 tool and the VCM Editor software to fix this problem. I have already downloaded and checked out the software and the tool should be here soon.

I also decided to go with Mike @ OST to help me fix this issue. @Speedy! , I like what you have shared about him and I actually compared Mike's Channels List to some others. And it is apparent he better understands this issue with my car.

View attachment 19131 View attachment 19132

Thanks for the update Ron and I think I speak for a lot of us who appreciate you chasing this further. Can't wait to follow and learn more!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #462
X

Last edited:

Billet Train

Founding Member
Firefighter
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
As a point of reference my 2015 has the 2/3 shift hiccup. Always had. I ordered the car new. Mike

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
My FCA rep is supposed to be making me an appointment for the 29th at another dealer. Rydell in San Fernando. They are not saying they have better Tech's. It's more like they want to get a second opinion.
That seems reasonable.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
I knew it would work because my good friend Hellcat Dave has the D5's with the same specs on his car. That is a 17X10 +30 mm offset with a 315/50R17. But I did have to go for as much clearance as possible when doing my wheel tub mods. As it is, when I raise the car up the tire just kisses the fuel tank shields. I may eventually try and move them over 1/4" or notch them if I absolutley have to. I hate to hack on things. You do NOT want to try this if you are afraid to work and have no patience.

More pics in Post #7.

. View attachment 16939
Ron, does the top of the tire stick out past the edge of the top of the fender? hard to tell from the angle of the pic. Looks good on the car from here though...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #466
X

Last edited:

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
This is a definite problem with high powered cars and the new fangled electronics.

Especially when you were expecting Demon like shifting!

Hopefully FCA steps up to the plate, but warranties, saving transmissions is a bigger concern for the company.

For me it's a love hate relationship with these new computers. But dammit, when you want a simple full throttle shift like the old days!

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
To be fair, wasn’t the Redeye always advertised as a de-tuned Demon? I think the hiccup, although annoying, was maybe FCA’s way of reducing warranty claims.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #469
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #470
X

Last edited:

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 hellcat / 2018 demon
Could be late to the party but is this a 19’ issue or have there been any 2020’s confirmed . I only say this because wife has a 2020 redeye 1800 miles ran at ky last weekend and no hiccup . Rowed right thru the gears like normal..... Ron is yours a 19’ ?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Could be late to the party but is this a 19’ issue or have there been any 2020’s confirmed . I only say this because wife has a 2020 redeye 1800 miles ran at ky last weekend and no hiccup . Rowed right thru the gears like normal..... Ron is yours a 19’ ?
The post above yours is a 2020...

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Got it thanks

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Bucks666 howd she run in KY? I was there.

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
She ran a bunch of 10.40’s consecutively in the heat and later on she ran a 10.24 letting out against Byron in the bracket class . We started off bone stock then switched to a 3.17 and ms109 . Really only had one tune revision to get to the 10.24 but had some more in the tank we just didn’t have time to get to . Since the DA was high af I’d say she’s got a solid 9.90 car with normal DA .
Seen you make a few passes car was rolling out real nice man ! We were parked opposite side down a little farther in the black stacker .
Bucks

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
I could have put some much less expensive Phillips units on with larger tires on my ‘15, if they would have told us ( @DodgeCares ) they totally ripped the program out of the Demon and gave us something else and we now have a problematic farting and hesitating POS that shifts slower than my ‘12 Tahoe with a crappy 6 speed old style tranny.

@DodgeCares WHEN DO WE GET A REAL DEMON MOTOR IN THE HELLCAT LIKE WE WERE PROMISED IN YOUR LITERATURE? When are you really going to help us on this Forum? Let’s get this issue escalated to someone who can do something! Like NOW, BEFORE WE GET EMBARRASSED BY OTHER HELLCATS, FORDS AND CHEVROLET PRODUCTS. You have been called out previously on this thread and have conveniently ignored us. We are the people out there showing everyone how these work on the tracks and strips.

I FOR ONE WILL SELL THIS THING IN A MINUTE IN A YEAR OR TWO AND COULD BE INTO AN UPGRADED MODEL C8 IN A HEARTBEAT, AND NEVER LOOK BACK. SCREW SOME OF US AND WE GET REAL PISSED AND NEVER FORGET.

I dont think @DodgeCares ....cares, really shaking my head at this now...

DRAGRCR_RedEye___Page_23___Dodge_Hellcat_Forum.jpg

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Fwiw, my 19 always shifted on the money with the stock trans tune and it clicks off shifts like a sledge hammer with a trans tune.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #478
X

Last edited:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was talking to a new friend at the track today about tuning. And your name came up. He has a RedEye too and he has been following your success and wants to emulate your tuning efforts.

As far as my car, I data logged 4 runs today. The car is either not tuned right from the factory or it has a problem completing the 1-2 shift on time. It is hitting the rev limiter every time on the 1-2 shift. I have seen rpms typically in the 6480 range with the throttle going nearly all the way closed. All other shifts it sees around 6225 which is perfect I think. I think the in gear, in automatic, rev limit is 6350, but not sure.

Thanks for the info. I like a sledge Hammer.
These cars are notorious for losing traction right before the 1-2. Ive cured similar related issues with proper tire in the past. Are you running with TC completely disabled? If so, that could be causing your issue

Member ID
Reactions
City
Evansville
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
REWB
I was talking to a new friend at the track today about tuning. And your name came up. He has a RedEye too and he has been following your success and wants to emulate your tuning efforts.

As far as my car, I data logged 4 runs today. The car is either not tuned right from the factory or it has a problem completing the 1-2 shift on time. It is hitting the rev limiter every time on the 1-2 shift. I have seen rpms typically in the 6480 range with the throttle going nearly all the way closed. All other shifts it sees around 6225 which is perfect I think. I think the in gear, in automatic, rev limit is 6350, but not sure.

Thanks for the info. I like a sledge Hammer.
That sounds, to me, like it's running to quickly towards redline in first, and can't get the shift done fast enough before it gets to the rev limiter. I wonder if either raising the rev limiter a tad (but leaving the shift points alone, so as not to mess with your time, or dropping the programmed shift point on the 1-2 only would help this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.