Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Does this mean I'm over 1,000 HP at the crank?

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Curt recently worked his magic with a Stage 1 tune on my Redeye. I wanted to stay with the convenience of 93 octane so he suggested Stage 1 (includes 180* stat) and I wanted to go with a Litens Hellraiser pulley so he recommended the 3.17. I also opted for his trans tune, which was well worth the money and then some! Additionally, the installer installed a P4D DIRS brace and FI Interchillers blower spacers and thermal blanket. The dyno results can be viewed in the graph. This is the first car I've ever modded or had on a dyno so I have to admit I don't know exactly what story the graph is sharing with me. It looks like the RWHP is around 820 and if I divide that by .8 then I'm at 1,025 at the crank?

I ran the car at Wannagofast and the car seemed to settle at 154 and change (hit that 3 times and I'm not a great driver) and next up is to get it to Bradenton for some quarter mile runs. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have!!

Dyno - Final.JPG

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I thought the parasitic loss in these cars was 15%? That's what I was told . Maybe a Tuner can chime in to verify for us . Either way nice job on the car ! Keep us posted on the 1/4 mile runs.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
Hey Rico. Here is a guestimator. It says that you're around 965 at the crank. However, there are many variables and should only be considered a estimate. Your car ran fantastic at Wannagofast! I may do a similar upgrade to my RedEye. Take care, my friend!
http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I thought the parasitic loss in these cars was 15%? That's what I was told . Maybe a Tuner can chime in to verify for us . Either way nice job on the car ! Keep us posted on the 1/4 mile runs.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
I read 15% is for manual and 20% is for automatic. Maybe on the Hellcat auto it is more like a manual? I’m looking forward to hitting a prepped track and really feeling the power. It was hard to feel in Ocala until after hitting the 1/4 mile due to spinning!

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I read 15% is for manual and 20% is for automatic. Maybe on the Hellcat auto it is more like a manual? I’m looking forward to hitting a prepped track and really feeling the power. It was hard to feel in Ocala until after hitting the 1/4 mile due to spinning!
Marc was hitting 10.4's at Bradenton with only tires (and skinny's up front). You should be somewhere in the 9's depending on your 60' time.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Curt recently worked his magic with a Stage 1 tune on my Redeye. I wanted to stay with the convenience of 93 octane so he suggested Stage 1 (includes 180* stat) and I wanted to go with a Litens Hellraiser pulley so he recommended the 3.17. I also opted for his trans tune, which was well worth the money and then some! Additionally, the installer installed a P4D DIRS brace and FI Interchillers blower spacers and thermal blanket. The dyno results can be viewed in the graph. This is the first car I've ever modded or had on a dyno so I have to admit I don't know exactly what story the graph is sharing with me. It looks like the RWHP is around 820 and if I divide that by .8 then I'm at 1,025 at the crank?

I ran the car at Wannagofast and the car seemed to settle at 154 and change (hit that 3 times and I'm not a great driver) and next up is to get it to Bradenton for some quarter mile runs. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have!!

View attachment 5193
Hey rico nice meeting you at wanna go fast,on a dynojet you would be around 870rwhp,your car was running great i am not surprised with curts tuning.see you at bradenton.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
That's damn impressive on a Mustang (loaded) dyno. Not sure the formula of 10-15% works the same on a Mustang dyno or if that formula is accurate any longer.

With the efficiency of the autos nowadays I'd suspect 8-10% loss but not sure.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
8-10% is a much closer number to use, but even then it's not that simple.

15% is too high

20% is not even realistic

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Can't use percentages to calculate drivetrain loss

Your car stock is 797hp so .2 (OP figure) is 159hp loss. But if he makes 1000hp now the drive train loss is 200hp?!! Screwy ain't it considering that the trans, axles, shaft, and rear end did not change.

Typically an automatic is around 125hp loss from many cars that i have been around. Manuals are around 100hp.
Then again there are many factors involved with all of it. If you want the true crank hp, pull it out and stick it on an engine dyno.
I would say you are just under 950hp at the crank.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Rico, This is how you make 1000 hp. The rest is just marketing.

You should hit up gearhead for there stage 3R package.

They had a demon with it running 9.12’s stock blower last night

Attachments

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
The rest is just marketing.
Seriously.

A dyno number is just a number, and even if accurate it is still limited by the person behind the wheel. A representative time slip will tell the true tale. Build toward an ET/MPH goal, not an arbitrary power figure.

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Rico, This is how you make 1000 hp. The rest is just marketing.

You should hit up gearhead for there stage 3R package.

They had a demon with it running 9.12’s stock blower last night
Drop the mic!! I’m sure at some point I’ll get the hankering for more!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Seriously.

A dyno number is just a number, and even if accurate it is still limited by the person behind the wheel. A representative time slip will tell the true tale. Build toward an ET/MPH goal, not an arbitrary power figure.
That is true. But you know, lots and lots of people care more about dyno numbers and saying they have 1000 hp then anything.

I’ve seen lots of 1000 hp cars run 10s and 11s at the track.

The truth is told at the track. (As @Linda's Hell Cat says)

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Drop the mic!! I’m sure at some point I’ll get the hankering for more!
Once you start there’s no going back. Lol. You are on a crazy path now. That’s why they call it a stage 1. They got a bunch more

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
Seriously.

The person behind my car’s wheel has a lot to learn! I had no number I was building toward, just wanted to be fast on 93 and liked Curt. When the graph came out it just got me thinking. I look forward to spending time on the track and then, to your point, I’ll likely end up building toward a 1/4 mile time. Thx for the input!

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
That is true. But you know, lots and lots of people care more about dyno numbers and saying they have 1000 hp then anything.

Phil, it's all about bragging rights. How many people have a .500 S&W, just to say they have one? Oh wait...I have one. Ha! Ha!

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Phil, it's all about bragging rights. How many people have a .500 S&W, just to say they have one? Oh wait...I have one. Ha! Ha!
I went with a polished chrome Desert Eagle .50AE!!

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So true Ken.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Most people use 15% for the A8 trans so in this case it would be less than 1K hp, I'd put you right about 950hp given that you ran on a Mustang Dyno.

Last edited:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat

@WhipCat That's Right!