Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge responds to Hellcats getting stolen!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Anyone get this loaded?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Anyone get this loaded?
Don't think it's available yet.
'The new security feature is expected to be available late in the second quarter of 2021.'

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeh the thieves are helping them update the software😳

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's quite a different reaction compared to their initial reaction over the last few years

superman dumbass.gif

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Anyone get this loaded?
I went to the dealership to get my oil changed and requested this be done and the service writer and manager had no clue of what I was talking about. I have since spoken with Mopar who confirmed that this was a thing and asked them to reach out directly to the dealership that I deal with. I have not followed up back with the dealership or with Mopar.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
As I have noted elsewhere, the Dodge dealership experience has been, for me, the worst part about owning this car.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I went to the dealership to get my oil changed and requested this be done and the service writer and manager had no clue of what I was talking about. I have since spoken with Mopar who confirmed that this was a thing and asked them to reach out directly to the dealership that I deal with. I have not followed up back with the dealership or with Mopar.
There lucky they can tell you what time it is...most are clueless beyond that...

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
There lucky they can tell you what time it is...most are clueless beyond that...
The sad part is that I know what's going on better than their own employees.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The sad part is that I know what's going on better than their own employees.
Dealership guys don't work for FCA/Stellantis/whatever. Same as the Best Buy guys don't work for Sony/Samsung/etc.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't know the details of the product they sell/service though...

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
We always got service bulletins from the factory at GM. Dodge seems to be stupid!.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
When we were working with the traction control module suiciding on the SC GTO (it would reset when restarted, and then die again the next time you nailed it) we got put in touch (eventually) with actual performance engineers who were involved in the development of the LS2 and drive train. They couldn't help us, but stlll, it was better than my experience with Dodge or any other manufacturer for that matter.

EDIT - in fact, last I checked there was no resolution, but then we were early in that comparatively rare product cycle

Last edited:

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I used to be sent to the GM Tech center every 4 months for updates and remedies for known problems. and to add any that I had come across in the field. And then every new model change, I was sent to the Tech Center for training on all new items. and certified by Engineering to repair it. You cant always learn what you need from reading a manual. And what I have seen of Dodge manuals, they lack any theory of operation.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
We were also in the Cadillac Craftsmen League. where we were required to take test on repair procedures, and knowledge of Service bulletins. through out the year. And you had to score well in order to get wage increase's and bonus's. The League also would give you a small gift for a good score on the test's. We took pride at being the best in our Craft.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
kick ass. sounds like a great incentive program. but, the real question, did it actually promote more knowledge? What was your take?

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
kick ass. sounds like a great incentive program. but, the real question, did it actually promote more knowledge? What was your take?
Yes fore sure. Understanding how something works always makes repairing it easier and more accurately. And knowing the service bulletins allowed you to make faster more problem correcting repairs. which meant fewer returns to the Dealer for repeat issues. Mechanic's is a science. Cars produced on an assembly line tend to have the same problems. Engineering identifies some of these and produce's Service procedures as how to identify and properly repair the issue. And then you have happy customers, and brand loyalty. Knowledge is good. And I have seen little of this from Dodge. CCL.jpg