Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon / Redeye Cylinder Heads, Complete Kit - Direct Connection (77072534AB) Price Drop !!

Trader history for hellkeezy (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
DEMON-REDEYE-HEADS.jpg
Demon / Redeye Cylinder Heads, Complete Set - Direct Connection (77072534AB)
  • Genuine:

• Product ID:77072534AB
  • Replaces:77072534AA
  • Description:
    Sold as a complete set, these Hellcat Redeye cylinder heads allow you to increase your 2015+ Hellcat engine redline to 6,500 RPM. Features 2.14-in. hollow stainless steel intake valves and 1.65-in. sodium-filled exhaust valves. Includes gaskets and mounting hardware.
    50-State Street Legal: 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon, 2019+ Dodge Challenger/Charger 6.2L Redeye
    Race (off-road) Use ONLY: 2015+ Dodge Challenger/Charger 6.2L
  • Install Time:8-9 hours
  • Warranty: Parts warranty: 24 months UNLIMITED miles, Vehicle warranty: 3 years or 36,000 miles, Powertrain warranty: 5 years or 60,000 miles

-Brand New
Box opened during Inspection.
Receipt Included for Warranty purposes.
More Pictures Available upon Request.
Price Drop!!
SOLD

DEMON-REDEYE-HEADS-LABEL.jpg DEMON-REDEYE-HEADS-INSTRUCTIONS.jpg DEMON-REDEYE-HEADS-PIC.jpg

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Interesting

OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
What is the difference from this to a regular Hellcat head?

OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The Hellcat Redeye cylinder heads allow you to increase your 2015+ Hellcat engine redline to 6,500 RPM. Features 2.14-in. hollow stainless steel intake valves and 1.65-in. sodium-filled exhaust valves.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Regular Hellcat heads are the same size Int and Ex...at least my 18+...just wondering if they were upgraded similar to Thitek?

OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Regular Hellcat heads are the same size Int and Ex...at least my 18+...just wondering if they were upgraded similar to Thitek?
DEMON/REDEYE - Heads and Valvetrain
In order to get more air into the engine post-supercharger and help increase durability, both cylinder heads and camshaft were optimized. The cylinder heads are cast from A356-T6 aluminum for its strength and heat-shedding properties. A new, gun-drilled, hydraulic-roller camshaft bumps the sodium-filled valves to the tune of .561-inches of lift on the intake and .551-inches on the exhaust. Lobe duration specs in at 224 degrees on the intake and 240 degrees exhaust (measured at .050-inches of lift). The new valve opening and closing points actually reduce intake and exhaust overlap from the grind used in the hellcat. A hydraulically actuated variable valve timing system is used to alter the cam's installed centerline 17 degrees for improved power across the rev range.
Up top, 33 percent more oil is metered to the valvetrain via a larger diameter orifice in the headgasket, where oil passes from the block gallery to the cylinder head. This oil is instrumental in cooling the valvesprings, which dramatically effects their service life, and better lubricating the rocker arms.

OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
The cylinder heads of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon are, of course, a hemispherical (Hemi) design, with a 34.5 degree valve angle and M14 spark plugs. These heads are constructed of high strength, high thermal conductivity aluminum alloy (A356) with heat, quench, and solution treatment. They have single groove collets for improved stability, with revised design valve springs and top retainers; 33% more oil cooling for the valve springs and the rocker tips work to keep the system cool at high RPM.
When combined with the high temperature resistant cylinder heads, the two piece valves (hollow intake valves, sodium filled exhaust valves) are good for continuous heat loads of 800°C.

Last edited:

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Still looking to find a difference, literally everything on these heads is identical to 2018+ heads, differences are in the bottom end of motor...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Still looking to find a difference, literally everything on these heads is identical to 2018+ heads, differences are in the bottom end of motor...

My understanding is the difference is between a "Hellcat" motor and a "Redeye" motor.

If you have a Hellcat, these are an upgrade, if you have a Redeye, they are the same.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Correct, and if you cost breakdown what comes in this kit, one will see it is a sweet deal IMO, with the total sweetness depending on what price one can get it for ;). It is, and will likely be, the best OEM G3 Hemi head package they will ever produce, if they will work for one's power goals.

OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Thanks for chiming in boys, it really is a sweet deal for what you get as a complete kit and Yes the benefits that go with it being a Demon/Redeye 'Direct Connection Performance' part. If you have any thoughts about upgrading or even a rebuild this is the way to go.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I picked up a set of these a couple months ago to admire, study, and hopefully use for a TBD future project. :geek:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
There are no valves shown in the photo? Do you have to do a valve job or seat the valves on new heads? Are the valve springs different than the Hellcat ones?

Last edited:
OP
hellkeezy

hellkeezy

Member ID
Reactions
City
FRAMINGHAM
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
There are no valves shown in the photo? Do you have to do a valve job or seat the valves on new heads? Are the valve springs different than the Hellcat ones?
Cylinder heads come complete with valves already seated and assembled including the springs, also included are the rocker arms, all the gaskets and hardware. I will unbox and upload more pictures tomorrow.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks for the info guys, just trying to understand the actual differences.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cylinder heads come complete with valves already seated and assembled including the springs, also included are the rocker arms, all the gaskets and hardware. I will unbox and upload more pictures tomorrow.
Don’t need to do that on my account @hellkeezy. I’m not in the market. I was just curious if they were ready to run or not. That looks like a really good price for a beautiful pair of heads!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Don’t need to do that on my account @hellkeezy. I’m not in the market. I was just curious if they were ready to run or not. That looks like a really good price for a beautiful pair of heads!
You can still buy parts for your old car, I don't have an issue with that:p

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Pardon my ignorance here.

I thought that the difference between a Hellcat and Redeye was the lower forged internals?

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You can still buy parts for your old car, I don't have an issue with that:p
No improvement necessary from what I can tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.