Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Maf Sensors

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Has anyone used these to rid themselves of P012b/p00fa etc codes when pushing over 18 psi? They are supposed to be 3 Bar as opposed to the 2 Bar found on my 15 challenger. Additional information is this is on a magnuson 2650 vs the oem charger.

Part number 53010887AA

I have 4 on order and hope this solves the random limp mode condition I’ve been experiencing.

current situation
3DD76223-7893-494C-BBFA-2763CBC8E26B.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Has anyone used these to rid themselves of P012b/p00fa etc codes when pushing over 18 psi? They are supposed to be 3 Bar as opposed to the 2 Bar found on my 15 challenger. Additional information is this is on a magnuson 2650 vs the oem charger.

Part number 53010887AA

I have 4 on order and hope this solves the random limp mode condition I’ve been experiencing.

current situation
View attachment 1211
I'm sorry to do this to you. I know you have a question you want answered. I don't have an answer for you, but I do have question. I have a '09 6.1 SRT with a 2.3 Magnuson. It has the "trap door /vacuum pod" pressure relief system. I see yours does not. Did they repurpose the stock HC electronic control valve to the pad now covered by the shop towel in your photo. Thanks in advance.
P.S. my system is a 2 bar also. Can't believe they didn't upgrade to 3bar even 6yrs later and on the HC.

Attachments

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I'm sorry to do this to you. I know you have a question you want answered. I don't have an answer for you, but I do have question. I have a '09 6.1 SRT with a 2.3 Magnuson. It has the "trap door /vacuum pod" pressure relief system. I see yours does not. Did they repurpose the stock HC electronic control valve to the pad now covered by the shop towel in your photo. Thanks in advance.
P.S. my system is a 2 bar also. Can't believe they didn't upgrade to 3bar even 6yrs later and on the HC.
You are correct, they reuse the oem bypass valve there. 2 bar is ok for the stock hellcat, but you can easily pass the range of those map sensors with more boost. I hope the sensors work. Tired of popping codes. Eventually I need a retune, but want to wait till I upsize from the ID1000’s to 1300’s before I mess with a tuner.
2099300D-3782-44EE-A04C-23F91576AACA.jpeg 59D7CDF9-40CB-4031-BFF6-8F45DA9B6284.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
You are correct, they reuse the oem bypass valve there. 2 bar is ok for the stock hellcat, but you can easily pass the range of those map sensors with more boost. I hope the sensors work. Tired of popping codes. Eventually I need a retune, but want to wait till I upsize from the ID1000’s to 1300’s before I mess with a tuner.
View attachment 1224 View attachment 1225
The key to victory is prep and planning ahead, and that's what your doing. Good luck. Your in the right place to get an answer, someone else should pick up on this thread and have one. Maybe you should rename your post ****S.O.S DEMON NEEDS HELP!**** someone will see it. Then explain it's not a demon but you still need help. Lol.
Thanks for reply.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The key to victory is prep and planning ahead, and that's what your doing. Good luck. Your in the right place to get an answer, someone else should pick up on this thread and have one. Maybe you should rename your post ****S.O.S DEMON NEEDS HELP!**** someone will see it. Then explain it's not a demon but you still need help. Lol.
Thanks for reply.
Lol well it got dyno’d at 850 before some changes but its only a lowly m6. Its no demon killer, but does put down more power. I really need to get it dialed in and get rid of the rest of the gremlins and it will be a beast. Im trying to absorb as much info from here as possible, the minor issues are really adding up enough to bug me.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Lol well it got dyno’d at 850 before some changes but its only a lowly m6. Its no demon killer, but does put down more power. I really need to get it dialed in and get rid of the rest of the gremlins and it will be a beast. Im trying to absorb as much info from here as possible, the minor issues are really adding up enough to bug me.
Lowly M6? Mine's an M6 and only made 527RWHP on a 8.l.b. kit and dead stock engine.(looking into some mods now). I bought it 3y.r.s ago with 5000miles on it cause it WAS an M6.(bangin gears is fun). I got lucky, install went good and car tuned up and is as reliable as a stone. (but a little tame and boring...blower car should scare ya a little). 850 is nothing to sneeze at. If I got 650RWHP after mods I'd be happy.(ok maybe 700. Lol)
Hope it gets worked out.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Swapping to the new 2018+ tmap sensors will require a minor tune revision so that it reads them properly. The voltage scale is different is why.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Lowly M6? Mine's an M6 and only made 527RWHP on a 8.l.b. kit and dead stock engine.(looking into some mods now). I bought it 3y.r.s ago with 5000miles on it cause it WAS an M6.(bangin gears is fun). I got lucky, install went good and car tuned up and is as reliable as a stone. (but a little tame and boring...blower car should scare ya a little). 850 is nothing to sneeze at. If I got 650RWHP after mods I'd be happy.
I was making a joke. I am not racing the car, just trying to make it ridiculous. I had charger hellcat before this and it seemed faster but I wanted to bang my own gears. I actually was looking for a ZL1 but this particular cat I have called my name and now here we are. Going fast doesnt scare me, getting arrested does.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Swapping to the new 2018+ tmap sensors will require a minor tune revision so that it reads them properly. The voltage scale is different is why.
Gotcha. Thats kinda where my research was going. Will they work without a tune specific to them for awhile? Its gonna be awhile before I can get up to a tuner in Atlanta.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was making a joke. I am not racing the car, just trying to make it ridiculous. I had charger hellcat before this and it seemed faster but I wanted to bang my own gears. I actually was looking for a ZL1 but this particular cat I have called my name and now here we are. Going fast doesnt scare me, getting arrested does.
I know you were, me too. Read again. I edited after I hit the send button. Kudos on doing your own work too, I do all myself (except tune) also.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Gotcha. Thats kinda where my research was going. Will they work without a tune specific to them for awhile? Its gonna be awhile before I can get up to a tuner in Atlanta.
I might run... but it probably won't run very well. The new sensors will output a lower voltage for the same pressure read versus the 2 bar sensors so it can even be dangerous to drive it like that, if it runs at all.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
I know you were, me too. Read again. I edited after I hit the send button. Kudos on doing your own work too, I do all myself (except tune) also.
Lol sorry long hot day, Ill work in my reading. I do pretty much all my own work unless I need a special tool or I can get the dealer to it free/cheap. I really want a lift, but the current garage wont support this.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I might run... but it probably won't run very well. The new sensors will output a lower voltage for the same pressure read versus the 2 bar sensors so it can even be dangerous to drive it like that, if it runs at all.
Thanks for the info, not particularly what I wanted to hear. Will find out Wednesday though how bad itll be.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks for the info, not particularly what I wanted to hear. Will find out Wednesday though how bad itll be.
lol, man... if you didn't get my subtle hints. I highly recommend that you don't even try running without getting the tune revised to go with it at the same time.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
lol, man... if you didn't get my subtle hints. I highly recommend that you don't even try running without getting the tune revised to go with it at the same time.
I got your hints. Can you explain what the issue will be? Will it make it to rich or to lean base on the voltages changes? I have never messed with tuning or electronic modifications and dont know the end results.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The car will have no idea what it's making for vacuum or boost.

Picture a 0-5v linear scale from -14 to +14. Now...you install a sensor that reads -14 to +28 but the computer still thinks it's -14 to +14.

OP
JDG

JDG

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ph
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
The car will have no idea what it's making for vacuum or boost.

Picture a 0-5v linear scale from -14 to +14. Now...you install a sensor that reads -14 to +28 but the computer still thinks it's -14 to +14.
Looked into this some more. Im by no means a tuner but my ecu is unlocked by hp so I figure buying the hp tuners with appropriate credits I should be able to rescale the map sensors fairly easily. We shall see.