Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon cage

Member ID
Reactions
City
Temecula
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Anyone able to recommend a good cage fabricator to install a cert cage in a Demon? Gotta be careful as the perfect interior has to come out and go back in

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Anyone able to recommend a good cage fabricator to install a cert cage in a Demon? Gotta be careful as the perfect interior has to come out and go back in
Where are you located? Shop in Calif does beautiful work at a fair price. C6717495-8C2C-448D-BB9D-6D0517ACFA82.jpeg 006546A6-7688-45C3-88B9-294E39A6D980.jpeg

OP
3dogdemon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Temecula
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #3
That looks fantastic. Couple questions:
What was the cost?
I am assuming that is completely welded in?
Did they remove quite a bit of the interior? Interior reinstall good, and blemish free? No broken fasteners?

I was actually wanting to do an 8 point, but very hesitant on removing the dash. Can you pass along the contact info for them. Want to talk cost and timing.

I am located in Temecula CA, by north San Diego County.
Thanks

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That looks fantastic. Couple questions:
What was the cost?
I am assuming that is completely welded in?
Did they remove quite a bit of the interior? Interior reinstall good, and blemish free? No broken fasteners?

I was actually wanting to do an 8 point, but very hesitant on removing the dash. Can you pass along the contact info for them. Want to talk cost and timing.

I am located in Temecula CA, by north San Diego County.
Thanks
The shop that did that cage (it’s in a new Redeye) is in Calimesa CA just north of you. It’s a 10 point Tig welded Chromoly cage, NHRA certified down to 8.5 seconds. I just had them fabricate a custom drag wing on my Challenger and the owner (Jason) told me that that cage is $5500. Of coarse something like this requires that the entire interior including the dash and windshield be removed, but that’s what it takes to do it right. When finished you can not tell it was ever done. That price is a bargain. The shop is Carlin Fabrication in Calimesa.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
3dogdemon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Temecula
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #6
Here is the best cages for Challengers: https://agiprecision.com/dodge/challenger

Demonology has this one installed and he loves it.
I want to thank Marc W for giving me Carlin’s information for the cage. Been talking to Jason, went up To his shop and met him today. Looks like he is starting my Demon cage next week. So thanks so very much.

OP
3dogdemon
Member ID
Reactions
City
Temecula
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #7
The shop that did that cage (it’s in a new Redeye) is in Calimesa CA just north of you. It’s a 10 point Tig welded Chromoly cage, NHRA certified down to 8.5 seconds. I just had them fabricate a custom drag wing on my Challenger and the owner (Jason) told me that that cage is $5500. Of coarse something like this requires that the entire interior including the dash and windshield be removed, but that’s what it takes to do it right. When finished you can not tell it was ever done. That price is a bargain. The shop is Carlin Fabrication in Calimesa.
Thanks for that. He is going to do my cage.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thanks for that. He is going to do my cage.
You’re welcome. Glad to be of help. I have two more in the works for him to get ready for when the weather cools down and the tracks out west are back open. The tracks out here don’t tolerate low 9 second cars without the required stuff. I have a nice custom cage in mine but they are overpriced compared to Jason so I can’t recommend them anymore. Be sure and post some pics.