Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Wheels... Which Look Best?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Kinda like tattoos ...@ first only a few had em...now everybody has em...
Wheels are much easier to change/get rid of.

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
Thread Starter #82
Reminds me of Dirty Filthy Mary, Bat Shit Crazy Larry. A.K.A. Dirty Mary Crazy Larry movie accept it was a 70 Charger he dove off the show room floor and through the front widows.
Love that movie!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Wish they put just a bit more thought into the scene before shooting it could have gone forum ok to a great movie

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #84
I know they used a '68 and a '69... I didn't notice the '70.

Last edited:
OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #85
Except for the car...the movie was less than stellar...
"Somebody's knockin' at the door!" :sick::ROFLMAO:

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #86
Mopar Rallye!

I think the Demon wheels would look better in flat black. Are those the brass monkey equivalent in your picture?
I agree. Here's a pic with a set of flat black... I'm not sure about the red calipers? I think I'll go with black Wilwood. What I'd love to do, is have the hood, roof and rear deck painted gloss black. :unsure: Maybe not.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.41.32 AM copy 5.png

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
I agree. Here's a pic with a set of flat black... I'm not sure about the red calipers? I think I'll go with black Wilwood. What I'd love to do, is have the hood, roof and rear deck painted gloss black. :unsure: Maybe not.

View attachment 49375
My staggered Satin black Demon Replicas came in last week.
I always like the look of red calipers, but seems like things are trending to dark or more muted caliper colors.
Tough call on flat vs gloss…probably even tougher on goldrush.

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #88
Raised white letters on 17", 18" and 20" tires would be nice. Why they don't offer them, I don't know?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Raised white letters on 17", 18" and 20" tires would be nice. Why they don't offer them, I don't know?
I love that look too. But it's old school. I guess it's just not in any more. Nothing looked cooler on tires than when Goodyear and others used to have their logo highlighted on their race slicks, then all manufactures started to do it on their performance street tires. Def set off an American muscle car look.

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #90
My staggered Satin black Demon Replicas came in last week.
I always like the look of red calipers, but seems like things are trending to dark or more muted caliper colors.
Tough call on flat vs gloss…probably even tougher on goldrush.
Yellow calipers might look okay, I'm not sure? I don't want to turn it into a circus wagon.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Yellow calipers might look okay, I'm not sure? I don't want to turn it into a circus wagon.
That wouldn’t be one of my personal preferences. I don’t think sparkly gold and yellow would complement

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #92
I love that look too. But it's old school. I guess it's just not in any more. Nothing looked cooler on tires than when Goodyear and others used to have their logo highlighted on their race slicks, then all manufactures started to do it on their performance street tires. Def set off an American muscle car look.
That's the muscle car look, for sure. I view the gen III Challenger as a hybrid... A muscle car with sports car suspension and traction. White letter tires would go a long way in helping to capture that old school look, yet maintain its sports-ish car handling.

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #93
20" Cragar

IMG_4425.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 2.38.22 PM.png

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That's the muscle car look, for sure. I view the gen III Challenger as a hybrid... A muscle car with sports car suspension and traction. White letter tires would go a long way in helping to capture that old school look, yet maintain its sports-ish car handling.
Today things are different. When murdered out was a thing (still is probably, I don't keep up by the minute) I thought it was boring and ugly. I mean, I like a little accent to set things off here and there. I don't like it when every last goddam thing is one color. Just mono-mono-mono. I also don't like everything a different miss matched color either. On the right car, with the right color and trim combo, I think the raised white letters look fantastic. I'd buy'm in a second if they were offered by a quality tire manufacturer on a quality tire; but I'm me. I don't know how that would work out for market share or profit margin for tire manufactures if they offered them.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
One thing I really disliked about the Trackhawk was its yellow calipers. If at least they'd been red, they would've somewhat matched the car.

Thankfully, on the Challenger there were optional gray calipers. At $500 it wasn't a cheap option, but at least they aren't visually prominent, so worth it to me.

All modern cars have brakes, so I see no reason to showcase them. And I've gone as far as making disc brakes look like drum brakes.
Yes, of course the Trackhawk's brakes worked well, but they would've worked just fine even if the calipers weren't a bright yellow.

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
On the fence they both look good.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Today things are different. When murdered out was a thing (still is probably, I don't keep up by the minute) I thought it was boring and ugly. I mean, I like a little accent to set things off here and there. I don't like it when every last goddam thing is one color. Just mono-mono-mono. I also don't like everything a different miss matched color either. On the right car, with the right color and trim combo, I think the raised white letters look fantastic. I'd buy'm in a second if they were offered by a quality tire manufacturer on a quality tire; but I'm me. I don't know how that would work out for market share or profit margin for tire manufactures if they offered them.
on the right car, with right color I would absolutely be interested, so long as the lettering size didn’t dominate. It would be worth a look anyways. Doesn’t cost anything to shop and look

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #98
Is yours a wide body or not? If not Demon rims are tne wrong offset. They do make demon reps in 20" I think with the correct offset for the narrow body cars but no one makes them in 18" for narrow body cars that I know of. Id love 18" Demon rims with the offsets for a non WB car.
I believe the offset for the traditional body Challenger wheel is 15mm to 20mm. The wide body fender attachments require an 11" width wheel with 2.5mm offset. Those are the FR gold school specs anyway. The wide body FR wheels are now available for the traditional body Challenger, though colors are limited to bronze and black.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country