Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger Tomahawk?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
So a WB Challenger with a F150 grill? :rolleyes:

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I say smack that ugly POS with a tomahawk.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
More EV bait 'n switch :sleep:

Not quite sure who the target market is for this crap ? Us older guys will likely hold on to our ICE cars as long as possible. Young ppl seem disinterested in cars in general & see them purely as 'transportation'.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
You guys do realize that this is not an official Dodge rendering but was created by some internet douchebag with too much time on his hands? It's why these things should be illegal, people get all upset because some asshole in his parents' basement fires up Photoshop and releases these turds.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
You guys do realize that this is not an official Dodge rendering but was created by some internet douchebag with too much time on his hands? It's why these things should be illegal, people get all upset because some asshole in his parents' basement fires up Photoshop and releases these turds.
Of course. It's still funny.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Whatever Dodge is cooking up will be a turd too. They already found the recipe for sucess, no need to ruin it.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Whatever Dodge is cooking up will be a turd too. They already found the recipe for sucess, no need to ruin it.
The Dodge of old is no more. SRT is gone. No more independent thought. I'm thinking a bunch of rebadged whatevers.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Well they are after young money. Old guys like us with some serious spendable income are not on their radar.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Well they are after young money. Old guys like us with some serious spendable income are not on their radar.
We no longer fit their desired market. Let's see how this works out for them.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
We no longer fit their desired market. Let's see how this works out for them.
They made that crystal clear with their emuscle announcement.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Speak for yourself I'm in my 20s with serious spendable income and think this electric push is a joke. 🤣🤣🤣

Honestly this is a government infrastructure push across the board, stellantis is getting killed by the epa and emissions. The fault squarely lies on dodge/fca/stellantis or whoever ran the company for not implementing turbo v8's quicker. Dodge will not survive this push if they make a 100k+ electric car unless it's a plaid killer, I fear dodge may be on the chopping block soon, ram and jeep are the real prize for stellantis anyway.

Simply put the infrastructure is not there yet.

And whatever you save in gas money is rerouted by a higher electric bill every month and the increased prices, so in reality where is the savings.

I don't dislike the performance that the electric creates but rather the pushing it in your face because it creates issues that can't necessarily be solved today in regards to range, fill up time, stations, etc etc

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Speak for yourself I'm in my 20s with serious spendable income and think this electric push is a joke. 🤣🤣🤣

Honestly this is a government infrastructure push across the board, stellantis is getting killed by the epa and emissions. The fault squarely lies on dodge/fca/stellantis or whoever ran the company for not implementing turbo v8's quicker. Dodge will not survive this push if they make a 100k+ electric car unless it's a plaid killer, I fear dodge may be on the chopping block soon, ram and jeep are the real prize for stellantis anyway.

Simply put the infrastructure is not there yet.

And whatever you save in gas money is rerouted by a higher electric bill every month and the increased prices, so in reality where is the savings.

I don't dislike the performance that the electric creates but rather the pushing it in your face because it creates issues that can't necessarily be solved today in regards to range, fill up time, stations, etc etc
Maybe we agree.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
More EV bait 'n switch :sleep:

Not quite sure who the target market is for this crap ? Us older guys will likely hold on to our ICE cars as long as possible. Young ppl seem disinterested in cars in general & see them purely as 'transportation'.
That's the winner.

I don't think we know who the hell dodge is targeting, younger people don't care and Older people are on nostalgia of ice engines.

Who knows what dodge is doing, it's not even this rendering that makes me question what dodge is doing, it's the straight jump into ev territory that makes me wonder what they're thinking.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Of course. It's still funny.
I think it's funny that dodge thinks people buying electric cars for performance will flock to a 100k dodge.

Tesla has built an apple like cult following where people don't really care about their build quality but dodge hasn't done that.

100k for a dodge is overpriced if you ask me.

I have a 100k+ bmw in my driveway now and it's clear the bmw is worth 100k compared to the charger, there's no hard plastics, alcantara liner all the way back, suede inserts in the seat, leather dash, finely done stiching all throughout, ambient lighting, etc etc

If dodge can put all of that into a hellcat charger/challenger they would have a case.

I really think dodge is fighting on 2 fronts and that will prove costly to the brand.

You can't introduce a new price point and introduce a complete change in powertrain styles and expect to compete, people who like ice engines are pissed, and wealthy people who like electric cars are probably not running out to spend 100k on a dodge.

I would love to see dodge succeed with a smaller twin turbo v8 and a hybrid motor system for the front wheels along with an upgraded interior, more attention to detail, better build quality and vastly improved tech. That I would spend 100-110k on for a charger, not a fully electric car 😑 that has no infrastructure in terms of charging yet from stellantis (unless they plan on piggybacking on tesla/current networks)

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
meanwhile ...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's the winner.

I don't think we know who the hell dodge is targeting, younger people don't care and Older people are on nostalgia of ice engines.

Who knows what dodge is doing, it's not even this rendering that makes me question what dodge is doing, it's the straight jump into ev territory that makes me wonder what they're thinking.
I know what they are doing. They getting our tax dollars from the green loving liberals to fill their pockets.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
up until 10 years ago I had never bought a new car. I'm happy with what I have so I don't need to buy another new one:)

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think it's funny that dodge thinks people buying electric cars for performance will flock to a 100k dodge.

Tesla has built an apple like cult following where people don't really care about their build quality but dodge hasn't done that.

100k for a dodge is overpriced if you ask me.

I have a 100k+ bmw in my driveway now and it's clear the bmw is worth 100k compared to the charger, there's no hard plastics, alcantara liner all the way back, suede inserts in the seat, leather dash, finely done stiching all throughout, ambient lighting, etc etc

If dodge can put all of that into a hellcat charger/challenger they would have a case.

I really think dodge is fighting on 2 fronts and that will prove costly to the brand.

You can't introduce a new price point and introduce a complete change in powertrain styles and expect to compete, people who like ice engines are pissed, and wealthy people who like electric cars are probably not running out to spend 100k on a dodge.

I would love to see dodge succeed with a smaller twin turbo v8 and a hybrid motor system for the front wheels along with an upgraded interior, more attention to detail, better build quality and vastly improved tech. That I would spend 100-110k on for a charger, not a fully electric car 😑 that has no infrastructure in terms of charging yet from stellantis (unless they plan on piggybacking on tesla/current networks)
BMW’s value falls like a rock, like all the imports in 3 to 5 years and the maintenance cost is criminal. We had one and after 5 years I got rid of that POS as fast as I did dry first wife.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
BMW’s value falls like a rock, like all the imports in 3 to 5 years and the maintenance cost is criminal. We had one and after 5 years I got rid of that POS as fast as I did dry first wife.
No complaints here, m8 is a nice little summer toy.

The values on bmw is atrocious, like I said will no longer own one out of warranty unless it's a collectable.

They truly drop like a rock and the maintenance is outrageous.

My gripe was that I would rather pay $120k for a bmw than 100k for a v6 rental car interior even if it is a hellcat. At least the awd M car will hook from 0 and will look like a 100k car.