Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Center Controls for HVA, etc.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Hill
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat
Hello. I can't seem to get an answer to this from either a dealer or the factory. My Durango is 3000 miles short of the end of the warranty, and I would like to know if I have a problem or not.

My question is: Are the center console controls, under the screen for HVAC, etc., backlit during the day when the lights are off. One dealer says yes, one says no. I was in a late model Caravan the other day (Uber) and her controls, which were identical to mine, were lit and easy to see. In my car, it is almost impossible to see the symbols during the daytime, especially in the bright sunshine. Many thanks in advance if you can help me solve this conundrum.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
We do have Durango owners here.
Should be able to get some information.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My DSRT is away at work at the moment, but I'll look when it gets home.

For clarity, can you post a picture of which buttons you're asking about. I guess I'm confused about "being back-lit during the day"...

These? You can't see them during the day? Do they look like this? (Or very similar anyway)

Durango Center section.png

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello. I can't seem to get an answer to this from either a dealer or the factory. My Durango is 3000 miles short of the end of the warranty, and I would like to know if I have a problem or not.

My question is: Are the center console controls, under the screen for HVAC, etc., backlit during the day when the lights are off. One dealer says yes, one says no. I was in a late model Caravan the other day (Uber) and her controls, which were identical to mine, were lit and easy to see. In my car, it is almost impossible to see the symbols during the daytime, especially in the bright sunshine. Many thanks in advance if you can help me solve this conundrum.

Are you there?

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
There's this weird trend the last couple years on a couple car forums, of people showing up, asking basically pointless and obscure questions and never returning. Looks like another one here.

Seriously, it's like every week we see something like "will the rear seat floor mats from a 2013 Challenger fit a 2018 Charger" or some such. This forum doesn't seem to have nearly as much, but...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
There's this weird trend the last couple years on a couple car forums, of people showing up, asking basically pointless and obscure questions and never returning. Looks like another one here.

Seriously, it's like every week we see something like "will the rear seat floor mats from a 2013 Challenger fit a 2018 Charger" or some such. This forum doesn't seem to have nearly as much, but...

I'll give him a couple of days to come back and then if not, I'll deal with it.