Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Buyers Order/Purchase Order when ordering

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
It's the current shitty market that allows them to get away with this bs, also stellantis has a huge role in this if they are limiting orders.

Wherever there's a deal I'll buy, if dealers treat cars like a business so should you. If koons is giving me 5% on a hellcat and 30k on a jailbreak and every other dealer is giving me invoice or msrp for a hellcat and msrp for a jailbreak then I'll go grab my hellcat from koons and get the jailbreak from another dealer.

The more emotion you put in buying cars or houses the bigger you lose.

Right now the best bet for these hellcats is chapman because they are deposit free, no crazy high doc fee like koons( $299 vs $799), and they beat dan cummins by 1% below invoice (4% vs 5%)

Just my 2 cents but after buying dozens of cars in short amounts of time it's always money over everything imo.
Excellent points. However, as you stated, the market is allowing this but that doesn’t mean you have to be a DB and gouge people. Ton of difference between $3000 ADM & $30,000. Sure, they’re well within their rights to ask for this amount of ADM but that says something about how they value you as a customer. Since we can bend you over, we will type of attitude. Always other places to shop as you mentioned.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I want a shaker on my 2018 HC. The only thing I have not gotten my way with. I just replaced the hood on mine and could not figure out how to do it but to build it myself and as a sheet metal mechanic. Not that hard. An old friend of mine has a sheet metal shop 3 miles from the house. It has crossed my mind to build it. 1/4 inch alumin, cross break, modify the center, insulate the under side with 3/4 inch Armacell, put breathes acesses size and #s where you want. Cross brace and place the breathers where you want. Ah hell,,,, to the drawing board and map this out. Still to soon for the bearings to go out. Careful of what you open up.
drink a lot of coffee, you'll be shakin'

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They all come with that new intake now though, which I believe functions really well.
Dang it. Well, then I can only hope that the hood and intake parts survive from my current 'Cat.

That'd mean I'll have to leave the road while going sideways (very likely), or get rear ended (extremely unlikely).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Excellent points. However, as you stated, the market is allowing this but that doesn’t mean you have to be a DB and gouge people. Ton of difference between $3000 ADM & $30,000. Sure, they’re well within their rights to ask for this amount of ADM but that says something about how they value you as a customer. Since we can bend you over, we will type of attitude. Always other places to shop as you mentioned.
Oh yeah I'm 100% in agreement with you about bonking customers over the head with adm, prep packages, dealer bs add-ons, etc etc. They are getting away with it because people are scrambling like mad men to get any vehicle they can but it won't always be like this and at some point dealers will beg for your business again.

My thought process though is that the majority of dealers will pull the wool over the sheeps eyes as often as they can get away with it, so really my mentality is expect the worst hope for the best. Sad but unfortunate