Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brainerd International - Long config fun!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The music for the Mustang was classic too.

:LOL:

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #22
The music for the Mustang was classic too.

:LOL:
Well go ahead and imagine what yours truly was yelling. Okay, that did not take long, your right.:giggle: Then one more minor little comment after I went around him? Yep, I bet you got that right also. My IT buddy just mellowed you guys out through the end, it’s better that way.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I too loved the music at the end. The little wimpy flute until you passed the Mustang and then the orchestra came in.
Watch that late trailbraking in the corner before the drag strip. 🧐
The white powder on the drag strip looked not fun at all. I just got an Ego 650 blower. I'll bring it next year and we'll take care of that stuff.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
I too loved the music at the end. The little wimpy flute until you passed the Mustang and then the orchestra came in.
Watch that late trailbraking in the corner before the drag strip. 🧐
The white powder on the drag strip looked not fun at all. I just got an Ego 650 blower. I'll bring it next year and we'll take care of that stuff.
I really should not have expressed what I really think while the camera was recording. You know me pretty well, you can imagine what I was saying when he just would not signal. All of us “A” group were miffed that for ALL the afternoon sessions we were grouped up with the “B” group and required the “contract” to pass them. Some had no idea how fast we were coming up on them. FYI Gary Curtis and nearly all the instructors have quit, were not there and are up to forming their own instructional group. Even the flag stations were not up and working. If they were manned, it was BS. That made the final lap of the first session a bit unsafe in that straight, when the fluid was dumped. I know the ACR was behind him and he about had a big problem he told me. I was passing everyone on the right, until I saw about 20 people leaning over the wall waving to us! So at about a buck fifty, I backed her down real quick.

I could not believe they let that shit sit on the track.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I really should not have expressed what I really think while the camera was recording. You know me pretty well, you can imagine what I was saying when he just would not signal. All of us “A” group were miffed that for ALL the afternoon sessions we were grouped up with the “B” group and required the “contract” to pass them. Some had no idea how fast we were coming up on them. FYI Gary Curtis and nearly all the instructors have quit, were not there and are up to forming their own instructional group. Even the flag stations were not up and working. If they were manned, it was BS. That made the final lap of the first session a bit unsafe in that straight, when the fluid was dumped. I know the ACR was behind him and he about had a big problem he told me. I was passing everyone on the right, until I saw about 20 people leaning over the wall waving to us! So at about a buck fifty, I backed her down real quick.

I could not believe they let that shit sit on the track.

I can not image the Great Gatzby verbally accosting another human being. :eek:

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
I can not image the Great Gatzby verbally accosting another human being. :eek:
Really? You have even met the bearded wild man! The circumstances last year may have had me a bit more serious than usual.

Actually the shouts were directed at the car and not the driver:sneaky:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Really? You have even met the bearded wild man! The circumstances last year may have had me a bit more serious than usual.

Actually the shouts were directed at the car and not the driver:sneaky:

Yeah, really I can imagine it...

I had a little tiny Miata get in front of me for my final lap and he seemed like he was intentionally taking up the whole track just to keep me behind him, so I know what you mean...

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
Yeah, really I can imagine it...

I had a little tiny Miata get in front of me for my final lap and he seemed like he was intentionally taking up the whole track just to keep me behind him, so I know what you mean...
I am sure this guy either did not see me or was so into attempting to stay in front of me if he did, and he did not feel like signaling. Not a huge deal really, it was crowded and the big straight was really screwed up, so it was just fun.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
FYI Gary Curtis and nearly all the instructors have quit, were not there and are up to forming their own instructional group.
This was at a Brainerd PDS?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
One day I may try this. I have done some parade laps and rode with Jack Roush Jr among others. I thought if I were going to do it the factory brake pads would go on and I would get some wheels and tires just for the track. I have 2 tracks within an hour from me

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
That is a great pic. 😎
Thanks! Future HOTM submittal pix;)

This was at a Brainerd PDS?
. Yep, it was a Performance School day. That was my Comp day for the rainout in the afternoon of June 29. But, without Gary and the rest, they have lots of work to do!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
One day I may try this. I have done some parade laps and rode with Jack Roush Jr among others. I thought if I were going to do it the factory brake pads would go on and I would get some wheels and tires just for the track. I have 2 tracks within an hour from me
Based on where you are, I assume you mean Grattan and Gingerman. Both are fun in high HP cars. Gingerman is super flat but it flows pretty well. I like the altitude change and long drag strip at Grattan with the backside of the course flowing S curves. You should try both. :cool:
Then, make a little longer drive to Mid Ohio to get a higher speed experience.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Yep, it was a Performance School day. That was my Comp day for the rainout in the afternoon of June 29. But, without Gary and the rest, they have lots of work to do!
I've still never done a PDS there. So far I've only run with the Corvette and Porsche clubs and MAPerformance.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Based on where you are, I assume you mean Grattan and Gingerman. Both are fun in high HP cars. Gingerman is super flat but it flows pretty well. I like the altitude change and long drag strip at Grattan with the backside of the course flowing S curves. You should try both. :cool:
Then, make a little longer drive to Mid Ohio to get a higher speed experience.
Yep those are the 2:)