Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BMR cradle lockout

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Looking into doing the cradle lockout. Curious everyones opinions on the BMR kit (BMR-SCB110) Or other suggestons

I watched a couple of videos yesterday on doing the lockout without dropping the cradle completely so Im hoping it wont be too bad of a job

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Removing the lockout is the worst part of the job.
I sliced mine to make them easier to remove.
Cutting the rubber went easy enough.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
like Jim said............ just loosen an do one side at a time an finish before you go to the other side.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
like Jim said............ just loosen an do one side at a time an finish before you go to the other side.
Thats how I did mine. Dropped 2 inches or so, not much at all. Biggest pita for me was drilling out and removing the green limiters. Not too bad with a new drill bit and pry bar. I lightly greased the metal collars before putting them in just assure they went all the way in and square. Floor jack and piece of wood under the diff for lowering and raising. 3 hr job maybe.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Would you say its a worthwhile mod? Does ride quality suffer bad?

Thank you for the replies

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I didn’t notice any increase in nvh. Car hooks better but I’ve got a few mods going on back there so its tough to say what did what. Worth it imho, but consider doing other suspension pieces back there while the cradle is lowered. For upper control arms however you will need to drop it a bit lower.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Would you say its a worthwhile mod? Does ride quality suffer bad?

Thank you for the replies
I did not notice any ride quality issues.
Worthwhile mod? I would say yes. Between this and my diff brace the car feels less squishy back there. Less likely to wheel hop by a bunch. If I am an idiot I can still induce wheel hop but I have to try. This alone makes it worthwhile imo.
The videos of the cradle moving on stock bushings should be enough to prove it is worthwhile.
With the IRS in the back there are to many squishy bushings for my liking.
If you do install the BMR lockout when you cut the bushing you will see how soft they are.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Thank you both. I never suffered from wheel hop until recently, but now I cant seem to get it resolved (TBH I havent tried much, and its always the same track, so it is likely to be this particular track vs the car)
I currently have rear demon killer springs, BMR trailing arms and per4mance diff brace in the rear.

Im thinking my 60' times are not where they should be, and hoping the cradle lockout will not only help eliminate that wheel hop but improve my 60' times as well

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thank you both. I never suffered from wheel hop until recently, but now I cant seem to get it resolved (TBH I havent tried much, and its always the same track, so it is likely to be this particular track vs the car)
I currently have rear demon killer springs, BMR trailing arms and per4mance diff brace in the rear.

Im thinking my 60' times are not where they should be, and hoping the cradle lockout will not only help eliminate that wheel hop but improve my 60' times as well
It will.