Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Black dog speed shop

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Just curious if anyone’s had work done or have heard anything about Black Dog in Libertyville Illinois. They are really close and I know they are big in the Chevy world but their website says they also tune and work on all Mopar hemi’s. I’m sure they are more than capable installing pulley and injectors I’m more worried about the tune. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Not sure on Black Dog, but you could throw a rock and probably hit Satera's. Barth is only about an hour to the west. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the tune.

OP
StingrayZ51

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Not sure on Black Dog, but you could throw a rock and probably hit Satera's. Barth is only about an hour to the west. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the tune.
Well I and pretty sure I’ll go with Barth. He’s 2 hours west of me and the issue is dropping it off and then going to pick it up days later. It’s to close to ship and to far to ask a buddy to pick me up and drop me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
I'm a little biased, but his tunes are bad A$$. His install work has been great as well.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Call them. They may use a tuner you know.

OP
StingrayZ51

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Call them. They may use a tuner you know.
I think I’ll do that. If they will do the install I could use dusterhoff for the tune. And it’s 15 min from my house.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Having a Chevy guy tune your MOPAR is like a PC guy programming your Mac :)

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I think I’ll do that. If they will do the install I could use dusterhoff for the tune. And it’s 15 min from my house.

I'm right on the fence of doing the same thing, just trying to find a local shop I trust enough to do the install

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
A lot of shops could do it but would rather have one that has done many Hellcats

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I would stay away from Black Dog. For years I was into Vettes and Camaros. I used a few different shops, all of which had fixed cars that Black dog screwed up. I had a couple of experiences myself with Black Dog. On my Z06 I had got some new tires, realized later I did not like the tires so Black Dog was pretty close to where I lived , so I had them put on a different set of tires for me and remove the others (the tires removed had less than 300 miles on them). When I dropped the car off I gave specific instructions to them that I wanted the tires they were removing back, I was keeping them and planned to sell them..... well later that day I get a call that my car is ready.. I mentioned again " and the tires you took off I am keeping remember so I will come by later to pick them up" to which the guy on the phone replies . .. "oh we had them picked up already, we get money for tires we send away to our vendor I don't think we can get them back " WHAT!!! Needless to say it was an afternoon of back and forth calls, at the end of the day they got the tires back, so okay fine. . They did a muffler modification on my Z06 prior to this incident with the tires that was fine no issue with the work and price was okay. I would recommend going with a shop that specializes more with Mopar anyway like others have said

Last edited: