Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Atlas Leaf Blower and Their Rapid Charger

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So I bought an Atlas leaf blower a few weeks ago and it works great. I got a good price on it.

Most of the time, new batteries come half charged or so. ‘I tried out the blower with a brand new battery that was half charged right out of the box. I also bought a rapid charger.
https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-and-80v-dual-voltage-rapid-battery-charger-56997.html

And of course with my f’ck4d up luck, the rapid charger doesn’t work. Or it’s the battery. WTF.
So today I finally take back both the battery and that stupid rapid charger. Exchanged them. And this battery is also half charged. But this time I’m trying to charge the battery to full and of course it won’t charge. The charger does get a little warm on the bottom but it won’t charge it anymore.
‘Also, both rapid Chargers blink green like they should. I read the stupid owners manual. It says don’t use an extension cord. Which I wasn’t going to anyways but I did start out using a surge protector. So I plugged the “rapid” charger directly into the wall socket and still it won’t charge. And it blinks green like it should.
Well, I’m gonna use the battery on the leaf blower tomorrow until it goes dead and try the rapid charger one last time. Lol.
‘I think Dewalt batteries work on the Atlas. If it doesn’t work, I’ll probably just get my money back for everything including the leaf blower if I can. Here’s the blower https://www.harborfreight.com/80v-b...only-56994.html?_br_psugg_q=atlas+leaf+blower
What would you guys do? Return everything for a full refund if I can or get a Dewalt battery and their charger? I think there might be a few other brand batteries that would work too.
For the price, I think the Atlas works great. And I had my car ceramic coated, so the water is even easier to blow off and then finish with microfiber towels.

Edit: Or I could try their standard charger but F that.
I would not buy shit from China, but that's just me. I'll pay more for American or at.least Mexican or Taiwanese made. Have better quality record too.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Funny stuff here LOL bunch of Hellcat guys paid 60k-100k for cars and cant afford a real Blower😂😂😂😂

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Had a Stihl weed eater. Lasted 2 years before it needed serious maintenance.
Have been using a Husqvarna for the last 5 years.
Only have had to replace the fuel lines
Stupid OEM fuel lines dissolve, they blame ethanol. I replaced them with the clear pink stuff from Ace Hardware and everything works great!

Oh, and never listen to oil ratio recommendations, never go below 40:1.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Funny stuff here LOL bunch of Hellcat guys paid 60k-100k for cars and cant afford a real Blower😂😂😂😂
Not enough room in the garage for both! And wives don't like us storing the 2-cycle stuff in the basement!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
40:1 with which is which?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Stupid OEM fuel lines dissolve, they blame ethanol. I replaced them with the clear pink stuff from Ace Hardware and everything works great!

Oh, and never listen to oil ratio recommendations, never go below 40:1.
Ran more than a half gallon through my trusty Stihl SR450 before noon today. Modified it of course. It is sold as a “sprayer” and I do use it for insect spraying, it works great on this state’s prize mosquitos. But I have a nearly perfect fitting 18” slip-in that narrows a bit. It has nearly 4 hp and blows leaves like nothing I have seen. I also blow light snowfalls! Neighbors wonder how my drive is so clean if it is cold out. I use lots of air.;)

@Hunter when a Stihl misbehaves just buy a new carb for less than $20 delivered to your door. Replace it, done. Always works and I have the whole set of their products.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I would not buy shit from China, but that's just me. I'll pay more for American or at.least Mexican or Taiwanese made. Have better quality record too.
Agreed...I will always opt for American made when possible...and Harbor Freight is nothing more than a junk store...(n)

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
So, there isn’t even any Daytona 3 Ton low profile floor jack fans in here? They’re always on sale at HF

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
So, there isn’t even any Daytona 3 Ton low profile floor jack fans in here? They’re always on sale at HB.
I've been using the regular HF 3-ton low profile for 9 years. It's still rock solid.

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #30
I've been using the regular HF 3-ton low profile for 9 years. It's still rock solid.
Like some already mentioned, not all stuff sold at HF only, is junk. lol

Last edited:
OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
Well I took everything back for a full refund. It’s Almost time to store the car away for the winter. I’ll buy a good blower next Spring.

The guy working at HF said he got the first “Rapid” charger to work. After I returned it. I said , how long did it take to charge the battery? He said 6 F’kn hours. Lmao.
It’s a rapid charger, advertised to charge rapidly.

From their website:

“The ATLAS™ 40V/80V Dual Voltage Rapid Battery Charger uses Advanced Fan-Cooled Rapid Charging Technology to deliver exceptionally fast charge times. The charger can bring a fully depleted 40V 2.5 Ah battery to 90% charge in as little as 30 minutes. 5.0 Ah 40V/80V batteries charge to 90% in 45 minutes. The ATLAS™ 40V/80V battery platform performs better than gas - no dangerous fumes, no gas and oil mixing, no engine maintenance.”

Last edited:
OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
Also He stuttered a little when he said they took it apart. Lol…

I took the 2nd one apart. Only 4 star shaped screws. Everything looked good, it’s just a HF fail. I never did try their regular charger. F that.

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Do you use a blower and which brand? I can afford the best leaf blower but I have a good business sense too. Nothing wrong with trying to save money on some stuff. But, Now I know more about blowers.And HF. Lol.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Do you use a blower and which brand? I can afford the best leaf blower but I have a good business sense too. Nothing wrong with trying to save money on some stuff. But, Now I know more about blowers.And HF. Lol.
I still use a Gas blower...loud as hell..but it's about the only noise we make around our place...:giggle::giggle:

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Ran more than a half gallon through my trusty Stihl SR450 before noon today. Modified it of course. It is sold as a “sprayer” and I do use it for insect spraying, it works great on this state’s prize mosquitos. But I have a nearly perfect fitting 18” slip-in that narrows a bit. It has nearly 4 hp and blows leaves like nothing I have seen. I also blow light snowfalls! Neighbors wonder how my drive is so clean if it is cold out. I use lots of air.;)

@Hunter when a Stihl misbehaves just buy a new carb for less than $20 delivered to your door. Replace it, done. Always works and I have the whole set of their products.
I have a Stihl 450 also and it's been great. I only use marine non-ethanol fuel in all my power equipment and although it's expensive, I don't have to worry about the fuel system getting gummed up. I'll have to try your suggestion about using it on light snowfall. I know "someone" who appreciated their engineering design recently when they used it to blow some leaves off or a corner of their roof while standing on a ladder. This "person" stepped off of the ladder, lost their balance and fell backwards on the ground. The fall wasn't as bad as it could have been thanks to the padding and the spring loaded platform between the engine and the back padding. Can't believe that guy would get on a ladder with a backpack blower...:oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I have a Stihl 450 also and it's been great. I only use marine non-ethanol fuel in all my power equipment and although it's expensive, I don't have to worry about the fuel system getting gummed up. I'll have to try your suggestion about using it on light snowfall. I know "someone" who appreciated their engineering design recently when they used it to blow some leaves off or a corner of their roof while standing on a ladder. This "person" stepped off of the ladder, lost their balance and fell backwards on the ground. The fall wasn't as bad as it could have been thanks to the padding and the spring loaded platform between the engine and the back padding. Can't believe that guy would get on a ladder with a backpack blower...:oops:
Hmmm...never thought of using it on snow...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So, there isn’t even any Daytona 3 Ton low profile floor jack fans in here? They’re always on sale at HF
I have 2 aluminum pittsburg jacks. So much lighter to move and throw in trunk I will never buy a steel jack again

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
I have 2 aluminum pittsburg jacks. So much lighter to move and throw in trunk I will never buy a steel jack again
Idk. I know several mechanics that don’t like aluminum.

My low profile Daytona works great.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Idk. I know several mechanics that don’t like aluminum.

My low profile Daytona works great.
It is what you are comfortable with. I have been using them for nearly 10 years. They are 2 ton

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
It is what you are comfortable with. I have been using them for nearly 10 years. They are 2 ton
True.