Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another Redeye Review Video

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Interestingly enough this time they put it into context.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Sure the Lambo is 2 sec. quicker around the track but you could probably by 3 Dodges to 1 Lambo!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
meh :D

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Oh hell, when Johnny said the RE had no brakes and "it was terrifying", I hit the stop. No need to watch any more of it. If he can't figure out how to use the excellent brakes, he sure as hell can't turn right and left and really don't deserve to.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Oh hell, when Johnny said the RE had no brakes and "it was terrifying", I hit the stop. No need to watch any more of it. If he can't figure out how to use the excellent brakes, he sure as hell can't turn right and left and really don't deserve to.
In his defense, this isnt the first time Ive read about these things and heat fade in the pedal on road courses. I know you do some of that, how's it been for you?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
In his defense, this isnt the first time Ive read about these things and heat fade in the pedal on road courses. I know you do some of that, how's it been for you?
True. I'll take part of it back. It can, if he was lapping hot. I thought he first said it happened when he was driving up. Whatever that means. We find that the OE fluid can be a problem. And I will admit, that is not good at all. So, I run DOT 4 all the time and basically as you probably know change out the brakes entirely. With the DP rotors, fluid and nasty pads, all I do is make sure there is enough material on those pads for the day, and obviously check every corner after every session regardless of how anything feels. My foot has no mercy on that pedal. Absolutely opposite of the way I drive it on the street, which is weird at first on the track.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
What a waste. Another boring track run. My VW Jetta could beat them both but who gives a shit? Real world foot to the floor from a roll. See who wins that. Lambo looks just like another soccer Mom appliance.