Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Alpine Sound System

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
My 15 HC Charger has the base Alpine. I installed a pair of JBL GX963's, in the rear deck and added the under trunk Challenger HK dual sub box. I upgraded the subs with SKAR Audio 10's and threw a 400 watt monoblock amp, at it.

Love it, now.

Bob

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Guess I'm the odd ball outta the bunch. I listened to both the HK in an '18 HC and the Alpine in my '19 Redeye before pulling the trigger on my Redeye. It wasn't a deal breaker for me in the least and I love a good sound system.

I didn't like that I could hear the bass coming directly from the trunk in the HC with the HK system. It didn't fill the cabin like it should have. The Alpine (after a few adjustments) filled the cabin with plenty of base (now not like the custom system in my '18 GMC w/ a Kenwood head unit, 6 Focals, dual 12" CVR Kicker subs in a custom box and digital amps) but it's damn good for a factory 'base' unit IMO.

Maybe I got lucky somehow but I'm more than happy with the quality of sound and bass with the Alpine. Considering it's in a 800hp factory blown hot rod with a killer blower whine and exhaust note. I'd rather spend the extra cheddar for the HK on mods. And I did just that. :)