Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Advice on my setup

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I was going to ask a question about tire set up as well so I will jump in here. I have the stock tires/wheels on the 2016 I just bought. For now I was just considering buying a larger Pzero set of rear tires, maybe 295/40 and leave the stock size tires on front. Mine is mostly a daily driver and stored in the winters. No immediate plans to race or anything so not concerned with Max grip. I like the tire brands to match, otherwise I'd go with the Extreme Conti's in a 295. Anyone else running 295 on the rears? Pics? Thanks
Even as a daily driver I need more grip than the stock Pzero's. The PS4S or Nitto's 555r are pretty popular along with the Conti's.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I have the PS4s. 10.5 reps all around. 285 front and 295 rear. I drive in the Philly area and in the Delaware valley.. I have had 0 issues with traction with these Michelin. My rear tires are getting to the end of the life cycle.. and they still dead hook in 2nd gear. Frankly unless I brake before doing a burnout. It’s hard to even get the tires to spin. All they want to do is grip the pavement. Now my perillis p zero from the factory another story entirely on stock wheels. They’d spin through 1-5th gear. In the cooler weather.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks guys and did not mean to hijack this thread. What about having different brand of tires up front vs in back? I mean not going to be cheap but the stock tires that came on the car still have a good deal of tread so I was trying to avoid having to buy 4 new tires right off the bat. I like the Conti tires had them on my Scat and would put them on for rear tires in a bigger size but dont want to have issues if I leave the front Pzeros on for now.

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Thanks guys and did not mean to hijack this thread. What about having different brand of tires up front vs in back? I mean not going to be cheap but the stock tires that came on the car still have a good deal of tread so I was trying to avoid having to buy 4 new tires right off the bat. I like the Conti tires had them on my Scat and would put them on for rear tires in a bigger size but dont want to have issues if I leave the front Pzeros on for now.
You will be fine. Its pretty popular on these vehicles. A lot of people run skinnies with drs/slicks out back to the track. Same with the popular upgrade of DRs on rear as the first mod - all those people incl myself are on mismatched tires. I run Conti DWS06 up front and NT555Rs out back.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Schaumburg
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks. I kinda figured that was the case and had seen people do that but good to get some feedback. I am meeting up with a buddy who has a Redeye and has had the standard Hellcat and tried many different set ups so we are going to talk tires/wheels on Sunday.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Its not a HC, but I have 305/35/20 Firestone Indy 500 on 11" MRR392 rims in the rear, OEM size up front on OEM 9.5 rims on my T/A. Im not very kind to them. No rotation, and 10-15,000 miles so far, and I still have 5/32nds on the rear, and at least 6-7/32nds left on the front. Zero problems with handling or rain or anything really. If you have a charger, you can likely fit 315s on those 11" rims without issue. ON the challenger, you usually need a 3mm spacer. For the $$$ they are good tires. Just throwing out a data point

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Mine is a daily driver and a balance between grip and comfort is needed. Would prefer same size all around. Was considering PS4s all around on OEM wheels. Now, considering 10.5 replicas all around from PK or Triumph and running same size tires all around maybe 305s? What are your thoughts? Might consider tracking someday, but day to day comfort is my goal as it as my daily.

I apologize for another tire thread...but I'm stuck on what are pros and cons of both routes. Thanks everyone.
I have seen reviews on factory reproduction and people are saying you can fit 11s on the rear for the charger, I would go as wide as possible, even 10.5s and street tires don't do this car justice, drag tires are great and all but if you daily any type of wet weather can make you nervous.

Anybody here had luck with 11s on the rear of the charger? the new widebody fits 11 with loads of room to spare so I'm assuming 11s will fit snug in the standard body charger.