Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Adding aftermarket performance parts to your Hellcat

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
There is no way I'm going to do any kind of delete or add any kind of performance gimmick to my car, we paid enough money for our vehicle that some people pay for their house and most people only pay half of that for their house. I learned early with my terminator that the money & time in my modifications is not worth how the car ends up. I would've got more money when I sold it if I just left the car stock. I see a lot of threads, guys are modifying their (new) Hellcats and it just blows my mind but hey, it's your car, I already learned from history. The only mods that I have done are ceramic brakes and a oilcan. My car runs fine with 717 hp.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Ceramic brakes?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats?

People modifying their Hellcats (especially on this site) fully understand the sunk cost involved. They don't care. They do it because they enjoy it.

Also, my house was over 8x the cost of my Hellcat (I bought mine used though), maybe I'm doing it wrong. I kind of like the idea of a single wide trailer with a $70k car parked out front, I should run that by the wife. By my math, I could afford 7 more Hellcats that way!

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #4
Really, do I need to get technical and say "brake pads"?

If you can't figure that one out you need training wheels.

"oil can" you figured that one out right

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #5
Congrats?

People modifying their Hellcats (especially on this site) fully understand the sunk cost involved. They don't care. They do it because they enjoy it.

Also, my house was over 8x the cost of my Hellcat (I bought mine used though), maybe I'm doing it wrong. I kind of like the idea of a single wide trailer with a $70k car parked out front, I should run that by the wife. By my math, I could afford 7 more Hellcats that way!
If you didn't have a wife you could afford 14 Hellcats and a double wide trailer

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #6
I am not pissing on anybody's parade, I'm just saying I'm flabbergasted

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If you didn't have a wife you could afford 14 Hellcats and a double wide trailer
Yeah but she's smoking hot and has sex with me, so there's that.

I usually agree with the mantra "If it flies, floats, or F#$%s, it's cheaper to rent" but she is the exception. Ironically, she is a southern girl who spent the first half of her childhood growing up in a double wide. She'd probably love this idea, bring back all the memories.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
CAIs Like Bwoody, and LMI are great. They make the supercharger whine sound like it’s supposed to when your in the driver seat. Plus if you didn’t get PPF on the front end of your car and you do any highway driving with traffic the front end of your car will be shredded by 20k. Happened to the 392 I sold. The front splitter looked like 220 sandpaper and the hood was pretty romped too once you looked closely

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #9
Yeah but she's smoking hot and has sex with me, so there's that.

I usually agree with the mantra "If it flies, floats, or F#$%s, it's cheaper to rent" but she is the exception. Ironically, she is a southern girl who spent the first half of her childhood growing up in a double wide. She'd probably love this idea, bring back all the memories.
I was speaking of the majority of which you are not, and that's great that you're fortunate enough to have what you have and I wish the best to you and your wife(y)

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I like whatever I drive to be different from all the rest. Usually a combination of mild performance mods and a few appearance items works.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #11
CAIs Like Bwoody, and LMI are great. They make the supercharger whine sound like it’s supposed to when your in the driver seat. Plus if you didn’t get PPF on the front end of your car and you do any highway driving with traffic the front end of your car will be shredded by 20k. Happened to the 392 I sold. The front splitter looked like 220 sandpaper and the hood was pretty romped too once you looked closely
I think PPF is an excellent idea, I'm mostly talking AMPP's. (AfterMarket Performance Parts)

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was speaking of the majority of which you are not, and that's great that you're fortunate enough to have what you have and I wish the best to you and your wife(y)
Ha I know, I'm just giving you a hard time.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
This is good stuff after last night conversations I was thinking this morning there are some who would sleep in tents to own these Hellcats :D. And I have always been on the page more toys than HUGE HOUSE LOL.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #14
This is good stuff after last night conversations I was thinking this morning there are some who would sleep in tents to own these Hellcats :D. And I have always been on the page more toys than HUGE HOUSE LOL.
I paid $39,000 for my house in 1977 which was about the norm then, I can't see paying over $100,000 for a house because we're not living in it very long according to our lifespan. I'm on your team " more toys than HUGE HOUSE"

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I paid $39,000 for my house in 1977 which was about the norm then, I can't see paying over $100,000 for a house because we're not living in it very long according to our lifespan. I'm on your team " more toys than HUGE HOUSE"
It's not really about the house in many circumstances, it's about the neighborhood/community/schools for your children/crime rates/etc...

But I agree, once I don't have those concerns and the kids are out of the house, we will definitely downsize.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #16
I have always been on the page more toys than HUGE HOUSE LOL.
but damn, that's a nice garage you got there buddy(y)(y)

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, I have 2 toys and no house. But I do have great parents that have 2 houses.. one of them they don’t really live in 6 months of the year.. and it’s got a 4 car garage for me to fill out 😂. Thinking maybe next year I might buy a rental property.. owning a house is a big responsibility.. in my area if you want even a nice town home it’s 300-500k+..

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #18
It's not really about the house in many circumstances, it's about the neighborhood/community/schools for your children/crime rates/etc...
Absolutely, I totally get that especially these days!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, I have 2 toys and no house. But I do have great parents that have 2 houses.. one of them they don’t really live in 6 months of the year.. and it’s got a 4 car garage for me to fill out 😂. Thinking maybe next year I might buy a rental property.. owning a house is a big responsibility.. in my area if you want even a nice town home it’s 300-500k+..
And I know I’m replying to myself.. don’t forget about the taxes! That’s probably another 8k a year on a 300k property.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #20
other words to live in your neighborhood "you got to have a good job!":ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited: